Borla Stinger S type 3” Exhaust

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree 100%! I added the borla 60661 resonator and it sounded perfect. Only issue is it's 2.5" through the resonator not 3". I loved the sound before but couldn't handle cold starts at 3am and driving 100 miles a day...
I am thinking about the borla. Worried about it beingtoo loud. I have active exhaust. Would a cold start in quiet mode be too obnoxious. I know the corsa in quiet mode is quieter than stock.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I am thinking about the borla. Worried about it beingtoo loud. I have active exhaust. Would a cold start in quiet mode be too obnoxious. I know the corsa in quiet mode is quieter than stock.
I'm not sure. I don't have active exhaust. I'm sure it would help just can't comment how much.

dperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I agree 100%! I added the borla 60661 resonator and it sounded perfect. Only issue is it's 2.5" through the resonator not 3". I loved the sound before but couldn't handle cold starts at 3am and driving 100 miles a day...
Thanks for the response. I am going to give the resonator a try. The cold starts are pretty brutal. LOL

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response. I am going to give the resonator a try. The cold starts are pretty brutal. LOL
It tones it down just enough. I got lots of compliments for the short while I had the full 3" and now I get a ridiculous amount of compliments with the resonator. Plus just did my first road trip since installing the exhaust. 350 miles with the wife and 2 yr old. Extremely comfortable for everyone.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I'm leaning towards these or the AWE touring. I want to replicate the sound my '13 had with "free flowing exhaust" and GT500 axlebacks.

Sponsored

dperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
It tones it down just enough. I got lots of compliments for the short while I had the full 3" and now I get a ridiculous amount of compliments with the resonator. Plus just did my first road trip since installing the exhaust. 350 miles with the wife and 2 yr old. Extremely comfortable for everyone.
Thanks again for the feedback. How does the resonator sound compared to the stock exhaust? I love the way it sounds at low rpm when you are not getting on it. Will that quiet down at low RPM while cruising with the resonator?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for the feedback. How does the resonator sound compared to the stock exhaust? I love the way it sounds at low rpm when you are not getting on it. Will that quiet down at low RPM while cruising with the resonator?
It still sounds like the s-type but more mellow. Resonated h pipe instead of x pipe. Good rumble at idle and great sound all the way through the rpm range. Cruising with windows up I can't really hear it anymore than the stock exhaust. Open the windows and you can definitely hear it but it's not unbearable.
Sponsored