Sponsored

Boost Works Twin Turbo System(s) Updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey Travis
Will ya'll have anything for those of us that have pass OBD II emission test??

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey Travis
Will ya'll have anything for those of us that have pass OBD II emission test??
If you opt for a set of metal core cats, I can't see why it wouldn't pass a sniffer or a readiness test. We'll work on that option for sure.

Sponsored

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
What's the boost response going to be like with that much piping?
Its not possible for it to be any worse than a rear mount setup. I've driven a rearmount and its barely noticeable.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
It will not be like a PD S/C, but once you learn the boost timing on any kit, then you know where to keep RPM at the most optimal place that can you instant boost to the engine. For example, I might e in 3rd gear at 3K RMP, at this point I'm not really running the car at boost yet, however, the turbos are spinning at optimum speed and plenty of air flowing through the pipes. As soon as I punch it, the car will respond just like a PD S/C.
Driving Turbo (especially big ones) is more of an art than just push the gas. But the feeling of Turbo is the best of any F/I.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Very nice job Travis. Will BoostWorks be making the parts or are they sub contracted to third party like Speed By Design direction?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The biggest determining factor in terms of transient response is turbine efficiency. The shortest path from the heat source (the engine), teamed with a properly sized turbine wheel, exhaust A/R, and compressor wheel all matter the most when trying to determine just how efficient you're going to be. Next would be Intercooler core pressure drop and piping length.

That being said, the piping length isn't very long. It might be 2ft longer per side than a top mounted setup.

For comparison, here's our mid mounted C7 Stingray setup with the same amount of piping:

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Very nice job Travis. Will BoostWorks be making the parts or are they sub contracted to third party like Speed By Design direction?
We outsource our flanges and materials from companies here in the states. But we build our kits in-house for now. As we grow, another shop that we've partnered with will share some of the load.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
length matters most on distance ftom exhaust valve to turbine blade. The peak of the exhaust pulse allows for highest energy transfer to turbine blade. Higher the differential in compression wave speed to blade speed gets highest energy transfer. Minimizing bends (and thus reflections and dispersion) in collectors may be just as important. Clean collector routing to a straight run on a rear mount could outperform some convoluted exhaust routing.
Tubing length on intake air side less relevant.
On intake side:
At 60PPM:
1PPS
at 15psi boost, air is .15PPFT3?
at 0psi, 0.07PPFT3?
So every 1-2 cubic feet of piping might add .1S, but thats if you are going from no flow to full flow. Since the pipes already full of air its only the density difference rate of change. So like .01S per cubic foot or way less.
Human is weakest link.
Wrong AR ratio is >>> more likely to cause lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.