Sponsored

Boost Works 1200hp entry level twin turbo kit? Starting around $6k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Travis,
Hire someone to man the front desk. They can answer some emails, relay messages that need your attention and answer phones. Cheap investment to keep you where you belong and that’s in the shop!!
Hell no! Adding head count is high risk in business and kills margin.
He clearly has paying work to keep him making money.
No receptionist needed, they just schedule more work than possible and dont turn wrenches.
Phone calls or contacts can be tire kickers just playing around with the idea of getting some work done, or they simply want low margin engagement that cant generate the margin per amount of time spent on other opportunities.
High demand and limited availability is the hallmark of talent.

Please reconsider before Dogging him for being talented and risking everything running his own shop.
Sponsored

TexasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hell no! Adding head count is high risk in business and kills margin.
He clearly has paying work to keep him making money.
No receptionist needed, they just schedule more work than possible and dont turn wrenches.
Phone calls or contacts can be tire kickers just playing around with the idea of getting some work done, or they simply want low margin engagement that cant generate the margin per amount of time spent on other opportunities.
High demand and limited availability is the hallmark of talent.

Please reconsider before Dogging him for being talented and risking everything running his own shop.
Simma down now :) I’m not dogging him at all, just offering a suggestion.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
He was being sarcastic....
I don't think he was, and he has a point too. Travis has what many people want, you just can't expect Amazon-like service with an instant chat window. We are spoiled nowadays lol. (Idk how long some of you have waited, just seems like he always pulls through in the end...smooth snailing fellas)

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What is this, the 90's? Tech is here gentlemen. Whereas I agree with sigintel to a point, there are ways to communicate and maintain low overhead. Granted, a person would be a good option as people can be flexible whereas machines do only what they are programmed to do.

If you lose customers, that is profit gone. That impacts margin too. What you call tirekickers are probably what the rest of the business world calls potential future customers. It's the line business must walk, attracting customers and performing work.

With that said, some folks have some patience issues. I get sometimes you need the parts ASAP because you need the car to run or a season thing makes it dangerous. A twin turbo? Come on guys, don't let your excitement turn you into a kid. It will be the same awesome thing if it gets here next week than if it gets here next month. Patience.

And don't use the hard earned money line... I doubt there are many people on here that have easy earned money and there are quite a few patient folks on here. It has nothing to do with money.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Travis please answer my emails.
We're busy, guys.. I can't always get to the forums and to emails right away. Sometimes it takes a few days to get back. It takes all of us working our butts off to keep up with orders, including me. Please be patient, and I will get back with you.
But you didn't respond to my email from 11/20 or 11/29 regarding the money I'm owed. I try very hard to keep matters like this OFF of public forums but you literally don't give me a choice when you don't respond and then give these types of replies.

Just get back to me so we can keep things private. The ball is in your court...

Beerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GTPP
Good luck. I emailed them back in September trying to order their in stock catch can. I never received a reply. If they can't be bothered to take my money, getting money BACK from them seems like it'll be a crap shoot.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
But you didn't respond to my email from 11/20 or 11/29 regarding the money I'm owed. I try very hard to keep matters like this OFF of public forums but you literally don't give me a choice when you don't respond and then give these types of replies.

Just get back to me so we can keep things private. The ball is in your court...
Blake, we agreed on me paying for Precision out of pocket to get you going on your install because Comp was taking forever. When I sell the Comps, I will gladly refund you the difference, just like we agreed on originally. This didn't need to be posted online. Yes, I missed your email. Sorry.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good luck. I emailed them back in September trying to order their in stock catch can. I never received a reply. If they can't be bothered to take my money, getting money BACK from them seems like it'll be a crap shoot.
If I didn't respond, then I apologize. We probably didn't have any in stock.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Blake, we agreed on me paying for Precision out of pocket to get you going on your install because Comp was taking forever. When I sell the Comps, I will gladly refund you the difference, just like we agreed on originally. This didn't need to be posted online. Yes, I missed your email. Sorry.
This absolutely DOES need to get posted online because if I didn't, you'd have kept ignoring my emails and swept it under the rug as always.

After everything that has transpired between us, the least you could do is refund me the money you owe me ($755 upcharge for Comp turbos that I never received). I was charged for something that couldn't be delivered. You've posted multiple times about how Comp has let your customers down and I'm absolutely one of them. Please do the right thing here and send me the money you owe me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I want to clear up some stuff here.

We do NOT owe a bunch of folks a bunch of parts. Have we shipped partial kits at times to get a customer going? Yes. Do we sometimes take a few weeks to get them whatever it is we're waiting on to ship? Yes. Do customers get impatient with us? Yes.

The percentage of orders that fall into that category? About 10%.

We talk to no less than 20 customers or potential customers per day by phone, email, message, facebook, instagram, twitter, etc.. If we missed you on any one of those forms of contact, I can assure you it's not intentional.

We build, box, and ship no less than 3-4 kits per week. We've constantly worked to be more efficient, and we've also made running changes to help get you guys a better product (ie- intercooler upgrade, inlet system upgrade).

We've cut down complaints to a minimum over the last 4-5 months, because we have hired more people, and we're all working our butts off.

That being said, it takes one complaint to stir up the pot. I get that. But since switching to Precision, our turn-around times have been drastically reduced. We have happy customers installing our product and it's nice to see the hard work paying off.

We appreciate those who have stuck with us through our growing pains. As usual, I am 100% transparent with you all. We're going to keep selling, and keep growing. It's not going to be perfect all the time, and we're going to make mistakes. But I absolutely care about what goes out of my front door, and I'll take an ass chewing for being behind schedule before I take one for sending out sub-par parts.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This absolutely DOES need to get posted online because if I didn't, you'd have kept ignoring my emails and swept it under the rug as always.

After everything that has transpired between us, the least you could do is refund me the money you owe me ($755 upcharge for Comp turbos that I never received). I was charged for something that couldn't be delivered. You've posted multiple times about how Comp has let your customers down and I'm absolutely one of them. Please do the right thing here and send me the money you owe me.

There's nothing to sweep under the rug, Blake. It simply didn't need to be posted online, because it doesn't change anything, and you're basically insinuating that we're trying to get over on you, when in reality, we busted our ass to try and get you up and running. When we sell the Comps, we'll refund you, just like we agreed on.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
There's nothing to sweep under the rug, Blake. It simply didn't need to be posted online, because it doesn't change anything, and you're basically insinuating that we're trying to get over on you, when in reality, we busted our ass to try and get you up and running. When we sell the Comps, we'll refund you, just like we agreed on.
These are just words. I have no idea when those turbos get sold as I don't have access to your inventory and trust is already out the window. How do I know when they sold? It's been two months or so since they should have arrived and I know you've sold kits since then according to your posts in this thread.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
These are just words. I have no idea when those turbos get sold as I don't have access to your inventory and trust is already out the window. How do I know when they sold? It's been two months or so since they should have arrived and I know you've sold kits since then according to your posts in this thread.
Yeah, they're my words. And these are the last that I'll write on this forum regarding our transaction or the details pertaining to it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.