Not open for further replies.

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Available now: http://www.boombaracing.com/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-boost-operated-blow-off-valve/

Boomba Racing is proud to announce our Boost Operated Blow Off Valve for the 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost.

This kit will replace your weak and leaky OEM bypass valve in favor of something much more up to the job. The Boomba Racing Boost Operated Blow Off Valve comes with everything you need to install on your vehicle for a true plug and play installation. It features 100% vent to atmosphere operation and billet aluminum construction with a brass piston to ensure leak-free operation for years to come.

The Boomba Blow Off Valve uses an ECU controlled solenoid that provides the blow off valve with both vacuum and boost pressure. Using boost to close the valve keeps it sealed no matter what the boost pressure is. The higher the amount of pressure, the stronger force there is keeping the valve closed. Vacuum is used to keep the valve open in this configuration. This with the combination of the ECU controlled solenoid prevents the valve from any fluttering or premature opening. This also works to eliminate any unwanted pressure spikes during venting. The purpose of this blow off valve is to prevent turbo lag and allow the car to hold boost in a steadier manner. When the throttle plate closes, excess boost pressure is vented so that the turbo can continue to spin during higher RPMs rather than surge from backpressure. The blow off valve is tested to over 75 PSI to ensure leak-free operation. The electrical connection on the provided solenoid matches right up with your factory wiring and there is no need to splice or trick your ECU with resistors.

Don’t hesitate; pick up lost power by replacing your factory BPV with a Boomba BOV, today! See the attached dyno chart which demonstrates the power we picked up by switching from stock.

As always this product is designed and manufactured 100% in-house in the USA.

Available in your choice of color: Onyx Black, Royal Blue, Race Red, or Pure Aluminum

28634776455_9b5b9444dc_b.jpg

Install video: [ame]

[ame]

[ame]

28556700801_93c5559317_b.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
Any idea on pricing? Comparing this to the turbosmart what are the advantages of a direct connection as opposed to the splicing trick?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Interesting. Will the valve have the capacity to be operated independently of the control module?

Last edited:

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Apologies for being a little ignorant, but I am a little confused about DV(diverter valve) and BoV.(and a lot of people mix them also and it's confusing me even further).

We have from factory a DV, right? The extra air is recirculated back into the intake to be used again when needed.
A BoV releases the extra air into the atmosphere.
All in all, isn't a DV better because the turbo doesn't have to suck the air again?

Regarding your videos:
It's bad that the stock DV leaks because you're losing the build up boost, right(even though it recirculates the air)?
Why does your BoV have another tube that goes back into the main tube? Is that solely for the test?

Thanks for the response. I'm still torn between getting a DV or a BoV.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Available for release very soon!

Boomba Racing is proud to announce our Boost Operated Blow Off Valve for the 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost.

This kit will replace your weak and leaky OEM bypass valve in favor of something much more up to the job. The Boomba Racing Boost Operated Blow Off Valve comes with everything you need to install on your vehicle for a true plug and play installation. It features 100% vent to atmosphere operation and billet aluminum construction with a brass piston to ensure leak-free operation for years to come.

The Boomba Blow Off Valve uses an ECU controlled solenoid that provides the blow off valve with both vacuum and boost pressure. Using boost to close the valve keeps it sealed no matter what the boost pressure is. The higher the amount of pressure, the stronger force there is keeping the valve closed. Vacuum is used to keep the valve open in this configuration. This with the combination of the ECU controlled solenoid prevents the valve from any fluttering or premature opening. This also works to eliminate any unwanted pressure spikes during venting. The purpose of this blow off valve is to prevent turbo lag and allow the car to hold boost in a steadier manner. When the throttle plate closes, excess boost pressure is vented so that the turbo can continue to spin during higher RPMs rather than surge from backpressure. The blow off valve is tested to over 75 PSI to ensure leak-free operation. The electrical connection on the provided solenoid matches right up with your factory wiring and there is no need to splice or trick your ECU with resistors.

Don’t hesitate; pick up lost power by replacing your factory BPV with a Boomba BOV, today! See the attached dyno chart which demonstrates the power we picked up by switching from stock.

As always this product is designed and manufactured 100% in-house in the USA.

Available in your choice of color: Onyx Black, Royal Blue, Race Red, or Pure Aluminum

28634776455_9b5b9444dc_b.jpg

28556700801_93c5559317_b.jpg
Can you supply a graphical chart(s) of the manifold pressure that correlates the stock BPV not holding pressure (leaking) with the two dyno graphs represented above? This would allow us to see the stock BPV leaking and causing dips in the HP and Torque curves.

Sponsored

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Doesn't the BPV need some sort of power from the ecu to be operational?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
It appears to be designed like their other BOVs, and if so, should be able to function without it as it'll be mechanically actuated instead of electrical actuation.

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
I meant the stock bypass valve. Without any power /signal from the ecu it's not functional.

It appears to be designed like their other BOVs, and if so, should be able to function without it as it'll be mechanically actuated instead of electrical actuation.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Any idea on pricing? Comparing this to the turbosmart what are the advantages of a direct connection as opposed to the splicing trick?
Pricing is looking like it will be $235. The three port solenoid will allow the valve to be fully controlled and regulated. This means it will only stay open when it needs to, and it will always stay fully closed and not leak when it needs to. Also, by utilizing a plug and play electronic connector, our unit does not require any splicing to trick the ECU with false signals.

Interesting. Will the valve have the capacity to be operated independently of the control module?
As far as I'm aware, this is meant to be plug and play. No adjustments necessary.

Apologies for being a little ignorant, but I am a little confused about DV(diverter valve) and BoV.(and a lot of people mix them also and it's confusing me even further).

We have from factory a DV, right? The extra air is recirculated back into the intake to be used again when needed.
A BoV releases the extra air into the atmosphere.
All in all, isn't a DV better because the turbo doesn't have to suck the air again?

Regarding your videos:
It's bad that the stock DV leaks because you're losing the build up boost, right(even though it recirculates the air)?
Why does your BoV have another tube that goes back into the main tube? Is that solely for the test?

Thanks for the response. I'm still torn between getting a DV or a BoV.
A blow off valve is typically describing something that vents to atmosphere. The term bypass valve and diverter valve are pretty much interchangeable. A diverter valve vents the excess air pressure back into intake whereas the blow off valve vents to atmosphere.

I can definitely understand where you’re coming from with concern to the vehicle not functioning properly, however on Ford’s US market Ecoboost vehicles, this is nothing to worry about.

No check engine light or loss of performance is caused by using this blow off valve. Running our BOV will not effect the fuel trim or throw a code for a couple of different reasons. The biggest reason is due to the way Ford tunes their USDM turbocharged cars. The USDM Ecoboost engines are MAP tuned, whereas in the rest of the world they use MAF tuning. This changes the way the ECU meters air going into the motor. In a MAF tuned car, the fuel trims would be affected by venting to atmosphere, however on a MAP tuned car like yours, the ECU is not affected by venting to atmosphere. In short, you've got nothing to worry about!

The installation of our BOV allows the vehicle to hold boost in a much more steady manner, resulting in a better feeling car.

The stock BPV is electronically controlled. This one is controlled via a vacuum/boost line. Our system will utilize the stock electrical connector on our provided solenoid so that everything is plug and play so that the ECU is not tricked.

Sponsored

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Sub

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
put me down for a silver one! I'm local as well so will pick it up from you guys later this week.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
A blow off valve is typically describing something that vents to atmosphere. The term bypass valve and diverter valve are pretty much interchangeable. A diverter valve vents the excess air pressure back into intake whereas the blow off valve vents to atmosphere.

I can definitely understand where you’re coming from with concern to the vehicle not functioning properly, however on Ford’s US market Ecoboost vehicles, this is nothing to worry about.

No check engine light or loss of performance is caused by using this blow off valve. Running our BOV will not effect the fuel trim or throw a code for a couple of different reasons. The biggest reason is due to the way Ford tunes their USDM turbocharged cars. The USDM Ecoboost engines are MAP tuned, whereas in the rest of the world they use MAF tuning. This changes the way the ECU meters air going into the motor. In a MAF tuned car, the fuel trims would be affected by venting to atmosphere, however on a MAP tuned car like yours, the ECU is not affected by venting to atmosphere. In short, you've got nothing to worry about!

The installation of our BOV allows the vehicle to hold boost in a much more steady manner, resulting in a better feeling car.
Thanks for the thorough response. My ecoboost is made in USA, but it's for European export. Do we get the same MAP tuning ?9

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I also have a Euro spec Mustang (in Japan) and I was going to run the Unleashed Tune soon. I could do the tune after installing your BOV, but I wonder if that wouldn't be recommended? Does this BOV function properly with any tune?

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
Do you have a picture of it installed on a car? Why does the picture show so many fittings? How are things going to be routed?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.