Sponsored

Body Shop put 200+ Miles on my GT

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I am less concerned about extra miles than I am about the lack of a valet mode. If I could lock down the car to 3000-4000 RPM, then I wouldn't worry that much about extra miles.

Joy riders can have plenty of fun within a few miles, or even 1 mile, or less. Line lock burnout, check. Launch control, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. Check :headbang:

That guy is nuts ... sounded like he hit 4th gear before the line-lock let go. Clutch warranty denied !!
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
This happened to me in Las Vegas. Wife and I stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau right off the strip. When you arrive you have no choice to self park. Only Valet parking. My car had 1281 miles on the odometer when I arrived. When I picked up my car 3 days later to drive back to AZ the odometer had 1305 miles. I noticed right when I got in the car due to that fact that I wrote it down and stuck the post-it under the visor mirror. I was pissed!! I asked the valet where do they park the cars here at the hotel. He told me right next door. Next door is not 24 miles away. I could see 1-2 miles. But not 24. I left my car right in its place and went to the front desk. They told me the valet company has nothing to do with the Marriott. I explained what happened to the Manager on Duty and he spoke to the valet supervisor. Half hour later and lots of pissed off Valet drivers I got a response. They gave me 50,000 bonus points for my Marriott Rewards and 2 free night stays at the same hotel. I gladly excepted and told them afterwards that I was going to give them a bad review only for the valet parking. My stay was great. But the Valet parking experience killed it for me. I'm sure Las Vegas Valet drivers are doing it often. Now my Mustang GT is not Ferrari or Lambo. But its my car and I didn't appreciate the extra miles. I dont plan on returning the same hotel. :thumbdown:
If the hotel had nothing to do with the valet company, why was the hotel the one giving you points and free nights? :crazy: The parking lot company with the valet service more than likely is a franchise and should have been the ones offering free service at another one of their lots.

If that was indeed the case, you should have been able to make a couple calls and work out a deal with the higher ups to stay at a different Marriot with free valet parking on your next getaway. :ninja: Oh well, couldawouldashoulda.

Glad you had a very nice time, anyway ;)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Always tell a valet parker that you know the mileage, and to "please be careful with my car". Personally, valet parking is the last choice I want to do.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Also be friendly and show some leg :D

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
A friend of mine just had this happen with his 14' GT500. Someone took it up to 123mph and drove it for nearly 100 miles!! I'd cave someone's face in if they did that to my car.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A friend of mine just had this happen with his 14' GT500. Someone took it up to 123mph and drove it for nearly 100 miles!! I'd cave someone's face in if they did that to my car.
Wow ... that's crazy. What did he do about it?

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
How can he tell they took it up to 123 mph?

Sponsored

Stangl1fe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
THIS^^^ and in conjunction with NOT getting it fixed right after 2 trys AND putting excess miles on my car....................the shop owner would be eating soup through a straw in an ICU:paddle: :headbonk: Burning the shop down would only benefit the shop owner.
We must be wired in a similar fashion.

Stangl1fe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
This happened to me in Las Vegas. Wife and I stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau right off the strip. When you arrive you have no choice to self park. Only Valet parking. My car had 1281 miles on the odometer when I arrived. When I picked up my car 3 days later to drive back to AZ the odometer had 1305 miles. I noticed right when I got in the car due to that fact that I wrote it down and stuck the post-it under the visor mirror. I was pissed!! I asked the valet where do they park the cars here at the hotel. He told me right next door. Next door is not 24 miles away. I could see 1-2 miles. But not 24. I left my car right in its place and went to the front desk. They told me the valet company has nothing to do with the Marriott. I explained what happened to the Manager on Duty and he spoke to the valet supervisor. Half hour later and lots of pissed off Valet drivers I got a response. They gave me 50,000 bonus points for my Marriott Rewards and 2 free night stays at the same hotel. I gladly excepted and told them afterwards that I was going to give them a bad review only for the valet parking. My stay was great. But the Valet parking experience killed it for me. I'm sure Las Vegas Valet drivers are doing it often. Now my Mustang GT is not Ferrari or Lambo. But its my car and I didn't appreciate the extra miles. I dont plan on returning the same hotel. :thumbdown:
+1 It's the principal of the matter. It doesn't matter whether it is a Ferrari or a Chevy Aveo it's someone else property. To some that Aveo might mean more to the owner than the Ferrari to it's respective owner. Regardless, you don't F with other peoples stuff. It's not YOURS. Period.

When someone crosses those boundaries that are preset by our civilization some go to litigation others :paddle:

It's like Redd Foreman said on the 70's show. Without rules we might as well all be up in trees flinging our crap at each other.

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Since I am in the same area, can u please name the shop, even if is by PM. Thanks and please.

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
In reference to the posts about valets abusing cars, let me just say:

As someone who was in the hospitality industry for years, working as everything from Valet/Bell staff to hotel management, it was VERY rare for any valets to abuse cars or leave the designated parking areas. In fact, I dont think I can recall even one instance of this happening at any property where I worked. Now, there were several instances of valets running into walls, other cars, bell carts in the parking area, etc, but that was from them being careless and in a hurry rather than intentionally joyriding a car. Most of these young men and women consider themselves very lucky to work in a position where they can make $100-200/day in tips (plus their normal hourly wage) and they do not want to jeopardize their jobs by taking anything out for a ride.

With that said, if you are really anal about your cars (as most of us probably are), just slip the Valet $20 when you arrive and nicely ask if he can keep the car close by during your stay. If you're in a Ferrari, or something else high end, they likely will anyway, but in a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger, etc you do need to ask. Plus, then the guy will go brag to the others about your nice tip, and they will all want to please you by doing what you ask.

It sucks when you arrive at a hotel and they don't have a self parking option, but many are now opting for Valet only as a way to increase their bottom line.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
They should bring in optional cylinder deactivation for the 2021 GT and in valet mode force it into a 4 cylinder econobox. XD
Sponsored