Body panel alignment issues

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I got a call from Ford today to arrange a time for the final repair attempt on my car. They received my 10 day notice on 3/17 and the 10 days was up on Friday 3/27. I informed them that they forfeited their right to have a final repair attempt by not responding in time but I will give them the opportunity on a final repair anyway. They tried to use the fact that I didn't use the dealer form provided and sent a letter instead as their justification of responding late. I told them that FL law permits a letter informing them of my warranty claim with the BBB Auto line and obviously they are aware what the letter is because they are calling from the legal department. I'm dropping my car off at the dealership's collision center on Monday and the field engineer is coming to inspect my car for final repair on Tuesday. The same engineer who previously said it was within tolerance so we'll see what he says this time. Ford is providing me a loaner while the attempt is made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I got a call from Ford today to arrange a time for the final repair attempt on my car. They received my 10 day notice on 3/17 and the 10 days was up on Friday 3/27. I informed them that they forfeited their right to have a final repair attempt by not responding in time but I will give them the opportunity on a final repair anyway. They tried to use the fact that I didn't use the dealer form provided and sent a letter instead as their justification of responding late. I told them that FL law permits a letter informing them of my warranty claim with the BBB Auto line and obviously they are aware what the letter is because they are calling from the legal department. I'm dropping my car off at the dealership's collision center on Monday and the field engineer is coming to inspect my car for final repair on Tuesday. The same engineer who previously said it was within tolerance so we'll see what he says this time. Ford is providing me a loaner while the attempt is made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow....sorry for such a mess you are going thru :(. Do you hope they repair it correctly or prefer just to get another car? If you can't answer, I understand :D

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Wow....sorry for such a mess you are going thru :(. Do you hope they repair it correctly or prefer just to get another car? If you can't answer, I understand :D
Thanks for the kind words. It's a mess alright and I am giving them an opportunity to make it right. I doubt If it can be repaired within the 10 day limit. I am asking for a replacement, not from dealer stock because mine was a special order and there weren't any cars optioned like mine anywhere, 3 dealerships were looking for me when I placed my order in November.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Update:
Dropped off my car at the body shop yesterday. Finally the damages from the hit and run plus the alignment issues getting fixed. Had a chat with the manager and she mentioned that they had to fix a lot Mustangs already. So we are not alone. That's for sure!

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Update:
Dropped off my car at the body shop yesterday. Finally the damages from the hit and run plus the alignment issues getting fixed. Had a chat with the manager and she mentioned that they had to fix a lot Mustangs already. So we are not alone. That's for sure!

Why is this becoming the norm for the 15' model year?? Has anyone from Ford come out with some type of acknowledgement that there are numerous issues with body panel alignment and fitments on the s550??

Has this been addressed on the assembly line to correct the problem??

Ford Quality Control? hello? :shrug:

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
It must be. I had no trouble to explain Ford Customer service the issues couple weeks ago. She only needed the VIN# and date the car goes into the shop.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
My car came in from the factory to the dealer on Wednesday, and I came to inspect it and found multiple alignment issues similar to what you guys have mentioned in this thread. I am going to ask them to fix it before I pick it up for delivery. It's unbelievable that this is still happening...

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
BY FAR Ford is NOT the worst.

Ford is the worst
Giving a multi billion dollar company a short un-reasonable deadline is only going go to disappoint you. They know they have issues, they know your not happy, They fixed a few hundred cars before yours, and they will fix hundreds after.

It took me 2 months to get it all cleaned up, and I am a total perfectionist. I never yelled, screamed or lost my cool. Its a car, and they may be our babies, but they are only cars. Relax, take a deep breath, and work with them to get it resolved. Creating any deadline is only going to get them to rush.

Work with them, they aren't going anywhere, they will fix it, and if your dealer sucks, call corporate, reach out to Rachel here, ford is not the worst, this is a GREAT car, and now that mine is straightened out, i absolutely love it.

It was worth the aggravation, I promise you.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Ford is the worst
I hate reading comment like this. I really do. I don't even work for Ford, never have and have zero family that have worked for Ford.

Please don't buy their vehicles, then.

I keep saying this and I will say it again. There thousands and thousands of these on the road and only 1-2% posting on a forum. It just gets sold old reading the same negative crap.

My car was and is perfect. So there.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Giving a multi billion dollar company a short un-reasonable deadline is only going go to disappoint you. They know they have issues, they know your not happy, They fixed a few hundred cars before yours, and they will fix hundreds after.

It took me 2 months to get it all cleaned up, and I am a total perfectionist. I never yelled, screamed or lost my cool. Its a car, and they may be our babies, but they are only cars. Relax, take a deep breath, and work with them to get it resolved. Creating any deadline is only going to get them to rush.

Work with them, they aren't going anywhere, they will fix it, and if your dealer sucks, call corporate, reach out to Rachel here, ford is not the worst, this is a GREAT car, and now that mine is straightened out, i absolutely love it.

It was worth the aggravation, I promise you.
Very well said!! Nice to see professional people out there in the wild:D

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
I don't know if this really fits as an "alignment" issue but my car came in today and upon inspection I found the front bumper on the passenger side was bowed out compared to the driver side. The result is you can actually see into the area behind the bumper itself. It looks pretty bad.

I have a meeting Monday morning to discuss with the body shop... the manager indicated they had a couple options including heating the bumper to push it back into place, or ordering a new cover and having it painted.

My preference is for them to pop the cover off a similar DIB GT non-PP car that is just dealer stock and pop it on mine. I really don't want repainted parts on a brand new car and I have little faith that the heat gun approach is going to "stick".

The crummy part is that aside from this, a minor fender ding, chip on passenger door & 116 miles put on by the factory, the car is perfect. Tight leather, perfect trunk alignment, even the rear window is missing that dip on the driver side. I was really disappointed today... we'll see if they can make this right or I am going to have to get my deposit back and try again in a few years when Ford has their QA shit together. :tsk:

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I don't know if this really fits as an "alignment" issue but my car came in today and upon inspection I found the front bumper on the passenger side was bowed out compared to the driver side. The result is you can actually see into the area behind the bumper itself. It looks pretty bad.

!!!! 116 miles put on !!!!!

we'll see if they can make this right or I am going to have to get my deposit back and try again in a few years when Ford has their QA shit together. :tsk:
116 miles from the factory?! IMHO someone is pulling you a leg here! Check out here posts on how many miles were on your car and you will see that someone used this car on a weekend for a ride to put 100 miles on it.:paddle: Let's see you leather after 5,000 miles....

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White EB Prem 50Anniv, 201A
Update I ended up getting a new one but this one is magnetic and has the shaker pro and blis
wow, great customer service.

i was rear ended and even the body shop alignment of new bumper was off, but the white didn't match either, so they had to contact ford for better paint match and the aligned correctly on reinstall after I pointed it out.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I hate reading comment like this. I really do. I don't even work for Ford, never have and have zero family that have worked for Ford.

Please don't buy their vehicles, then.

I keep saying this and I will say it again. There thousands and thousands of these on the road and only 1-2% posting on a forum. It just gets sold old reading the same negative crap.

My car was and is perfect. So there.
Sorry it bothers you that those of us with issues are voicing our unhappiness. If it's old then move on and don't read it. Great for you and your perfect car, if it wasn't perfect I guess you wouldn't complain since people complaining bothers you so much. Way to be a dick about people having issues.

While I was at the dealership today to drop off my car for the final repair attempt I spoke to several people that work there and every Mustang they've gotten has had issues with panel alignment. Mine is the worst they've seen.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Last edited: