Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I got a pair of BMR TCA045 Vertical Links. I need to find time to install them, but first I need to ask is anyone familiar with this version. They have the spherical bearing on both ends, so they have no give like the Delrin or Polyurethane versions. Does the lack of cushion imply they will be noisy? There is no gear housing connected to it so I don't expect gear noise, but there is a bearing in the rear hub. Has anyone had any NVH issues with their vertical link installation?
BMR Vertical Link 1.jpg
Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Folks have reported squeaks / groan noise using the all delrin or spherical / delrin combo versions, especially after wet weather. I'd say you're pretty safe in that regard. Aftermarket links should not add additional vibration or harshness.

I have the delrin / bearing links and have zero added noises. But then again, our car does not play in the rain so my conditions are definitely not the norm. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get what you have.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Best version you can get.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
Road Dog

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Okay thanks Guys, I will get em on and not worry about it.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running this version from BMR since Dec. No noise or any other issues with them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Road Dog

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Today I got up enough energy to attempt the install of the vertical links. I watched several YouTube videos posted by different guys none was exactly the same. Some said put the car on jack stands and then support the hub assembly with a jack. Others never mentioned a jack. One guy said use Anti Seize. Some had to beat the OEM items out, some had to beat the new items in. I tried to pick what I thought were the best practices to get this done. I think I accomplished my goal. I timed the procedure starting with jacking up the driver's side and stopped the clock when I lowered the passenger side. Elapsed time 64 min 31.6 sec.

So what did I do?
I followed the instructions BMR supplied but I didn't support the hub. The car was on a jack stand, tire removed. I took out the lower bolt per the instructions, then the upper bolt. Then I squirted some liquid wrench on the lower section. I let that set for 30 sec and then used a small pry bar. The lower section popped out with the third pull.

Installing the new item was just as easy. But I didn't follow the BMR instructions. First I set the new unit in place with the top conical part in its place. Then I put the top bolt in and the washer and nut on finger tight. That left the lower section laying just outside the slot where it needs to go.

Using a block of 2X4 and a mallet I tapped the lower section once, twice, and a third time and it popped into place. The bolt was inserted and tightened. Then I tightened the top bolt up and followed the torque procedure in the instructions.

That was it for the drivers side. I wondered at that point if I was going to run into trouble as some in the videos had. But after reinstalling the wheel, torquing the lugs and dropping that side then moving to the passenger side I was relieved to find that side went just as swiftly.

Pics follow:
vlink1.jpg
vlink2.jpg
vlink3.jpg
vlink4.jpg
vlink5.jpg
vlink6.jpg

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
@Road Dog - first and foremost, LOVE the timepiece. I am a big fan of Omega, and can't get enough! Now if they would only come down about 50%...I's have 6+ instead of 3. lol

Good work on the TCA045 install. They are definitely, hands down, the easiest Vertical Links to install. The bearing/bearing design makes it a breeze!

OP
OP
Road Dog

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Hi Kelly, no problems at all with the links. Great product and they look good.

As for the Watches. I fell in love with Omegas while living in Germany in the 70's. Only have one so far but I've got my eye on the one below, it's going to be a real hard decision when the time comes for new wheels and tires, them or this:
Omega 2.jpg