Sponsored

BMR Suspension New Product - Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit (CB005)

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
it's hard with getting off work and the 3 hour time difference. Im sure they will get back to me on here
Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Ah yeah time zones sucks lol, if anything send kelly a pm I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping

rainier446

Professional Amateur Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
So I've been running this kit for about 2 months now so here's a bit of a review.

After initially installing it I was pleasantly surprised with the very little NVH increase I got. I was sure I would get more, but I didn't. Mind you this is on a brand new car so everything was smooth and happy still with no worn out components. After a couple weeks I noticed an increase in vibrations that I could feel in the seats but not the steering wheel, brushed it off as an imbalanced tire.

Last weekend I did a trip with some friends down to the Tail of the Dragon, and I was HARD on the car. As hard as legally possible on a public road. Wheelhop was still present, very obvious when starting from a dig. It was pretty bad still, so these didn't do enough in that arena. Cornering the car felt awesome, my main complaint being that the pzeros don't "talk" to you enough so its hard to tell until its too late that traction is slipping, they're quite sticky but the front and back tires let go at the exact same time under these driving conditions (see dangerous). Not sure if this is attributed to the added stiffness in the rear or the retarded staggered setup Ford put on the PP 5.0's.

I noticed a howling during all this driving so I lifted the car yesterday after I got back home to check it out. Noticed my mirror vibrating excessively on this drive home also, couldn't tell what was behind me. Found out that Ford didn't put enough fluid in the rear diff and there was metal in there (more than normal). So all the extra vibrations I was getting I'm attributing to a failing diff and the BMR setup "telling" me that something was amiss. So if you install this and are getting excessive NVH, get your car checked out.

I uninstalled this kit prior to dropping it off, don't plan on reinstalling it either because the wheelhop was still highly present. I'll be exploring other options to eliminate that while maintaining DD ability.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BMR Suspension

BMR Suspension

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 300A PP GT
So I've been running this kit for about 2 months now so here's a bit of a review.

After initially installing it I was pleasantly surprised with the very little NVH increase I got. I was sure I would get more, but I didn't. Mind you this is on a brand new car so everything was smooth and happy still with no worn out components. After a couple weeks I noticed an increase in vibrations that I could feel in the seats but not the steering wheel, brushed it off as an imbalanced tire.

Last weekend I did a trip with some friends down to the Tail of the Dragon, and I was HARD on the car. As hard as legally possible on a public road. Wheelhop was still present, very obvious when starting from a dig. It was pretty bad still, so these didn't do enough in that arena. Cornering the car felt awesome, my main complaint being that the pzeros don't "talk" to you enough so its hard to tell until its too late that traction is slipping, they're quite sticky but the front and back tires let go at the exact same time under these driving conditions (see dangerous). Not sure if this is attributed to the added stiffness in the rear or the retarded staggered setup Ford put on the PP 5.0's.

I noticed a howling during all this driving so I lifted the car yesterday after I got back home to check it out. Noticed my mirror vibrating excessively on this drive home also, couldn't tell what was behind me. Found out that Ford didn't put enough fluid in the rear diff and there was metal in there (more than normal). So all the extra vibrations I was getting I'm attributing to a failing diff and the BMR setup "telling" me that something was amiss. So if you install this and are getting excessive NVH, get your car checked out.

I uninstalled this kit prior to dropping it off, don't plan on reinstalling it either because the wheelhop was still highly present. I'll be exploring other options to eliminate that while maintaining DD ability.

Hi Shawn,

First off, I am really sorry you are having a problem like a failing diff with you car! That is the last thing you want with a brand new car. Hopefully Ford is taking care of everything and you'll be back on the road soon.

Second, I am not the dedicated Mustang guy at BMR, but I did have a large part in all of the product testing for this car. That being said, I'm sure Kelly will pop in and post here as well.

I would like to know if you have any other mods done you car besides the CB005. If you have seen any of our wheelhop threads or editorial on print or on the web about eliminating wheelhop, it is not something you can do with just one part and anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. The CB005 is a great kit, but it is not going to eliminate all wheelhop and we never claimed it would. The CB005 simply reduces cradle bushing deflection, which contributes to wheelhop. You still have diff bushings that have an extreme amount of deflection, rubber lower control arm bushings that have an extreme amount of deflection, and toe rods and vertical links, which also contribute to wheelhop. While we always appreciate and encourage our customers to post installation pictures and reviews, I think you may have had the wrong idea about the kit going into it. If you have more than just the CB005 kit, I apologize for questioning your review, if you let us know what else you have, we will point you in the right direction to get rid of the wheelhop. If the CB005 is all you have, there are a couple of other BMR parts that when used with the CB005 help eliminate almost all wheelhop, with very slight gains in NVH.

Kelly can elaborate more on the steps you need to take if you want to stay with BMR. I sincerely hope Ford takes of you with the broken parts, and really hope you give us the opportunity to show how great we can make your car!

Thanks,

Pete

rainier446

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
Hi Shawn,

First off, I am really sorry you are having a problem like a failing diff with you car! That is the last thing you want with a brand new car. Hopefully Ford is taking care of everything and you'll be back on the road soon.

Second, I am not the dedicated Mustang guy at BMR, but I did have a large part in all of the product testing for this car. That being said, I'm sure Kelly will pop in and post here as well.

I would like to know if you have any other mods done you car besides the CB005. If you have seen any of our wheelhop threads or editorial on print or on the web about eliminating wheelhop, it is not something you can do with just one part and anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. The CB005 is a great kit, but it is not going to eliminate all wheelhop and we never claimed it would. The CB005 simply reduces cradle bushing deflection, which contributes to wheelhop. You still have diff bushings that have an extreme amount of deflection, rubber lower control arm bushings that have an extreme amount of deflection, and toe rods and vertical links, which also contribute to wheelhop. While we always appreciate and encourage our customers to post installation pictures and reviews, I think you may have had the wrong idea about the kit going into it. If you have more than just the CB005 kit, I apologize for questioning your review, if you let us know what else you have, we will point you in the right direction to get rid of the wheelhop. If the CB005 is all you have, there are a couple of other BMR parts that when used with the CB005 help eliminate almost all wheelhop, with very slight gains in NVH.

Kelly can elaborate more on the steps you need to take if you want to stay with BMR. I sincerely hope Ford takes of you with the broken parts, and really hope you give us the opportunity to show how great we can make your car!

Thanks,

Pete
As far as suspension the CB005 kit is all I've got. I've talked with Kelly on here a couple times and I know that this isn't the end all with wheel hop. While it's more difficult to initiate the wheel hop with this setup, once it starts it's just as bad. For now I'm just going to keep the kit off while I get these issues massaged out, and see if I can tolerate the cars behavior as is. If not then I'll invest some more time and money (including CB005) towards it. Maybe I was a little foggy on that earlier, I'm not getting rid of the kit but simply keeping it off for a bit.

Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
I'll have to agree with the bmr tech, this kit never said I would stop all wheel hop. I have a PP as well, I did the cb005 kit first, then vertical links, and finally their diff bushing lockouts. It was till after I did all 3 did everything start to shine in terms of getting rid of wheel hop. I still have a little bit which I'm sure is caused by the lower control arm bushing but I just haven't gotten a chance for getting that replaced yet. It's the same as the steeda parts, your not going to get a one part fix for wheel hop

OP
OP
BMR Suspension

BMR Suspension

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 300A PP GT
As far as suspension the CB005 kit is all I've got. I've talked with Kelly on here a couple times and I know that this isn't the end all with wheel hop. While it's more difficult to initiate the wheel hop with this setup, once it starts it's just as bad. For now I'm just going to keep the kit off while I get these issues massaged out, and see if I can tolerate the cars behavior as is. If not then I'll invest some more time and money (including CB005) towards it. Maybe I was a little foggy on that earlier, I'm not getting rid of the kit but simply keeping it off for a bit.

I understand. Whenever you figure out which way you want to go, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Thanks,

Pete

rainier446

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
I'll have to agree with the bmr tech, this kit never said I would stop all wheel hop. I have a PP as well, I did the cb005 kit first, then vertical links, and finally their diff bushing lockouts. It was till after I did all 3 did everything start to shine in terms of getting rid of wheel hop. I still have a little bit which I'm sure is caused by the lower control arm bushing but I just haven't gotten a chance for getting that replaced yet. It's the same as the steeda parts, your not going to get a one part fix for wheel hop
English is hard [emoji14]

But in all seriousness I've heard from all the suspension companies on here what's going to work best. I just simply stated what I felt and saw with it. There's a lot of soft bushings under there moving around when you're hard on it, but after my experience I'm not quite convinced it's worth the extra money to spend towards ridding of the wheelhop. That's close to $800 plus all the labor, granted I do everything myself but still. For me the cost vs. reward isn't quite there right now.

Sponsored