Sponsored

BMR Cradle lockout kit- only beneficial for launching?

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I know this helps with launching/hopping- but would this beneficial for roll racing as well?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. It makes power delivery and handling much more consistent, efficient and predictable in all situations. I'd also do poly diff bushing inserts while you're in there, as they improve driveline efficiency and get rid of a good amount of the driveline slack you feel when coming on/off throttle.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
It tightens up the cradle..better launching, better turn in, better turn out...you're locking that floaty cradle down so it affects ALL aspects of handling when talking the rear section...and what [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] says too...you will see in my sig CB005 and Diff Bush Lockut (Differential Bushing Lockout) amongst other things...the main things to do out back are CB005, Diff Bush Lockout, and Steeda Rear Shock Mounts...everything else just adds to the goodness and even though my sig has a lot in the a$$ end, I'm not done there yet (maybe sway bar and links).

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yes. It makes power delivery and handling much more consistent, efficient and predictable in all situations. I'd also do poly diff bushing inserts while you're in there, as they improve driveline efficiency and get rid of a good amount of the driveline slack you feel when coming on/off throttle.
I got the diff bushing inserts but I was only able to do the rear pair because I can't get far enough under the car currently to do the front set. Will this hurt anything if I just leave it that way? I suspect not, and it bothers me not finishing it but I just can't physically get myself under there to do it with the stuff I have at home.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I got the diff bushing inserts but I was only able to do the rear pair because I can't get far enough under the car currently to do the front set. Will this hurt anything if I just leave it that way? I suspect not, and it bothers me not finishing it but I just can't physically get myself under there to do it with the stuff I have at home.
It may. You may want to talk to [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] about the load transfer with just the rears in.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
It may. You may want to talk to [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] about the load transfer with just the rears in.
Sorry, mine are Steeda but the same general idea. I'll have to give them a call. I'd dread having to take them out because I'm 99% certain the subframe bolts on the drivers side will not survive another removal (well, the threads anyways).

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
The CB005 is being put to good use on tracks across the globe.

There happens to be more drag racers than other enthusiasts, so naturally you will see more feedback.

Enjoy!

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
The cradle increased stability in the rear big time around cornering, I noticed it greatly on on/off ramp cloverleafs.
Sponsored