Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Hans
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to create a thread where I can keep all of my modifications in one place. I created a "garage" thread with my current mods but it wasn't enough and as clean as putting it in the actual journal pages. Feel free to ask any questions / comments! Glad to be here among other mustang enthusiasts - it's been extremely helpful for me to ask questions to other members on here whenever I ran into issues, so I will do my best to do the same.

I came from a 2015 MK7 GTI before the stang. Stage 2, FBO, made about 320whp/350wtq, was a very fast fun little car. However, I had several issues with the power steering pump and rack going out at the same time as well as the passenger side axle giving out.

March 2018 - I was looking originally at getting a base 2017 GT (300A car) from several different dealers. Dave Sinclair Ford down in St. Louis had a leftover 2017 Grabber Blue MT82 Premium (400A) for only about $1,500 more than my budget, so I decided to swing it. Been extremely happy I chose the 400A for the Shaker audio and Apple CarPlay, and got a smoking deal on the car. I wasn't too big a fan of the 18 refresh front end, so I was really only in the market for leftover '17 cars.

Hans's "BLUSTANG" Build List (updated as of 8/1/2018):
2017 Mustang GT Premium 400A MT82 - Grabber Blue

Powertrain / drivability:
- Roush Axleback
- Stainless Steel H-Pipe resonator delete
- Steeda Clutch Spring
- JLT Air/Oil Separator v3.0
- Blowfish Racing Sound Tube Delete (not installed yet)

Wheels / Suspension / Chassis:
- CJPP Springs - OLD SETUP
- Stance XR1 Coilovers w/ Adjustable endlinks - CURRENT SETUP
- P51 101RF 19x10 +35 Gloss Black (square)
- 275/35/19 Bridgestone Potenza RE760s (square)
- Steeda IRS Subframe Brace
- Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
- BMR Cradle Lockout, Level 1 (not installed yet)
- Whiteline Transmission mount insert (not installed yet)
- Blowfish Racing Shifter Bracket
- SR Performance Billet Aluminum Vertical Links

Cosmetic (exterior):
- GT350 TP Replica Gloss Black Wing - SOLD
- MMD V Series Gloss Black Wing - CURRENT
- Cervinis C-Series Chin Spoiler (matte black)
- Rear diffuser center piece (premium) - matte black
- Custom Gloss Black Mesh Grill with offset SCS Howler Badge (v4)
- Gloss Black Ford Racing 5.0 Fender Emblems
- Hood vents - flat black
- 15% Ceramic UV protection window tint
- Switchback LED Turn Signals
- Anchor Room turn signal tint

Interior:
- Diode Dynamics Map Lights
- Diode Dynamics Trunk Light
- GT350 Red Start Button
- SpaceCitySpy 490G weighted shift knob (wrinkle blue / howler engraving)
- SpaceCitySpy Trunk Pull Tab

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pic of my GTI. Loved her, but it was time to move on.
37927132755_757bf7258b_k.jpg

Day 1 (taking delivery) - March 29th, 2018
IMG-1923.JPG

Parted out the GTI. Kept the tails on because the harnesses were spliced in, and I didn't want to mess with taking them out and reverting the coding.

First day on springs - April 25, 2018
I knew I had to kill the wheelgap. It was way too much on the stock GT. Eventually I really wanted coilovers, but springs would have to do for now because I had car payments to make :crying: Still, I can say the CJPP Springs were very nice. No issues (other than the spline bolt being stubborn) during install, everything went smooth and the ride was great.
40843203485_e33fe2d4fd_k.jpg

40821522185_d48b1ed8a3_k.jpg

Quick snap of the GT350 Track Pack replica wing I had on the car for a little bit. It looked great, but fitment was a little off and the material was obviously quite cheap. Gave in and eventually upgraded to the MMD V after the replica lip scratched my trunk up a little bit :headbang:
41882107611_7f4a207824_k.jpg

May-July 2018 - Feeling pretty good about where the car is sitting. Cervinis C-Series front lip is on, and I'm still trying to decide what big modification I should go with next. Tune? Suspension? Make it an autox fun weekend warrior? Or show? I'm not too sure, but this was my favorite stage because the car drove excellent and the constant search for the next step was exciting.
42897124612_020fe04488_k.jpg

July 28, 2018 - Stance XR1 Coilovers / current setup
This was really the next step into heavy modifications for the blustang. I went through a lot of troubleshooting and trial and error trying to get these coilovers onto the car (at first was missing some hardware and then the rear strut broke during install :curse:) However, I'm happy to report that the car handles and rides amazing now that it's all dialed in. The rears are still a tad too low for my taste, and spacers are en route, but for now, I'm happy with where she's at. IMO, coilovers are a never-ending adjustment game - I'll always be chasing the extra comfort and little bit of adjustment to make it truly perfect. Once the rears are raised up a little bit, I think it'll be very nice.
41918527960_2be7156bf3_k.jpg

43679563502_980dc1eb05_k.jpg

29856585668_7583a352ac_k.jpg

Next step?? Need WIDER TIRES and WIDER WHEELS for that meaty stance / more grip! Now that I have camber adjustment in the front, my options have just increased.. Thinking an 11 square or 11/11.5 stagger setup.. Will keep you guys constantly updated here! :like:
Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
:rockon: Amazing work. Looks so good!

OP
OP
hson10

hson10

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Hans
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! She's slowly getting there! Needs a bit more fine tuning before she's sitting exactly where I want :)
Sponsored