Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thanks so much for posting this. I've been looking for an easy to follow suspension plan for my car and thanks to this thread I now think I have one.

Based on your recommendations I'll skipping the diff bushings and only other planned change from yours will be gt350 front and rear sway bars.

Is there anything else you have on the wish list regarding suspension or do you feel this is fairly complete based on your goals?

Oh and just to make sure my list is correct you are using the Poly Steeda Vertical Links?

And did you upgrade to the PP rear toe link or did you find that mod to be unnecessary on a non PP car? No need to answer this since I found @BmacIL state that GT and PP GTs each have the same rear toe link (so much miss information on vendors sites).
Thanks man. I've just been following theories that have already been out there. Yes, I'm using the poly Steeda vertical links. Either those or BMRs would be good. However this part is less critical to upgrade than some others.

I'd put CB005 as #1. Springs and dampers 2 and front and rear control arms/ bearings 3. At least that is what I think after knowing the changes it made.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Bought some more parts...

- JLT V3.0 oil catch can
- PP extension panel (reinforces cowl to firewall)
- GT350 Track Pack rear wing

Paid significantly less than retail for the wing by getting it off Tasca Ford parts. Will update once I install all the parts. Happy Friday!

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Update: After some time driving the car with new Steeda roll center correction lateral links and tension links w/ the bearings, AND the swap to the GT350 rear bar with the BMR bar up front on soft setting -

I really like the place it is currently in. It feels pretty well balanced. The smaller rear bar has helped stick the rear tires better and removed the snap oversteer tendency that I ran into after going to the BMR Handling springs with 980 lb/in rear. Also, the lateral links raising the front roll center back up has made the front flatter and dig way harder. It dives into turns rather than wanting to lean. The result is I can add throttle earlier and progressively add throttle through corner exit and hold the intended line. The car rotates about itself better as one making it whip around turns more quickly. In addition, the car feels even more stable and planted at high speed turns. 100+ mphs it feels very stable and not omg pucker moment. Just like the car wants you to give it more. In addition, the tension link bearing has improved steering feel and front suspension articulation, like it was made to be there tbh. There is nothing negative about it that bothers me. Sharper impacts made a louder thud that's about it and barely notice it anyways.

Anyways, have the car up in the air at the shop to install Steeda subframe alignment dowels and to remove the differential bushing inserts. And PUP 5W30 oil change... I regretted the Steeda differential bushing inserts and it's high time I get them off the car. I'm hoping it will remove the diff whine & howling and remove some harshness.

Soon: Spring mods of the oil separator, PP extension panel and GT350 TP spoiler. I'm also on the hunt for a good front splitter to help complement the rear wing. So if y'all have any suggestions throw em my way.:like:

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Thanks for the update. I'm ordering most the same bits and placing the order today. Pretty excited for the upcoming changes and think I just might make a build log as well

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thanks for the update. I'm ordering most the same bits and placing the order today. Pretty excited for the upcoming changes and think I just might make a build log as well
Awesome! Please do and tag me in it so I can follow you. :beer:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
This weekend I got the Steeda subframe alignment kit on my car. I felt that my subframe wasn't centered because my right rear tire was about 1/4" closer to the fender than the left side. Didnt really think it would do anything at all but did it anyways because I had already picked it up awhile back in attempt to fix another issue I had diagnosed with my car not tracking straight under power.

All I can say is WOW. The car now tracks beautifully straight. I felt a difference right away. Suddenly my steering wheel was perfectly straight and I didnt need to tilt it slightly to the left most times as I had before. I had asked my shop to check the steering wheel alignment bc I thought it was off. No. It was straight all along as was my wheel alignment. The new alignment settings are so close to the before as to be essentially identical. Yet the car tracks so much better and nicer. My instincts were in the right direction I just didnt want to believe it.

I am thrilled and over the moon with how it drives now. The GT350 rear bar solved my oversteer tendency and the new front control arms have improved the behavior and grip of the car immensely and made the steering response and feel to another level of refinement. Disclaimer: I have never driven a BMW M3 or similar, but this is about how I think it would feel. Most of this is due to the improved geometry of the lateral links but the tension link bearings I believe has also played a good part in this. The NVH is also not a concern.

All of the steering complaints I had with this car both stock and lowered & modified - they're gone. Amazing feel and stability and no perceptible bumpsteer. Responsive... just great all around. The steering was my last complaint about this car. Stock was didnt have good response or feel. After I modified my suspension it had great response IMO but was very vague and lacked the steering feel I expect of a true "sports car". In addition, I had to fight the steering at times, especially during corners with any bumps at all. All of that has been improved and negative characteristics eliminated. I had a theory of how to fix this and it worked out in reality.

The high speed grip and confidence has improved greatly. So much so that sweeping turns at 100+ is easy. I find myself taking mid speed corners 10 mph faster bc of the increase confidence and composure of the car. The front end stays flat and that translates through the entire chassis. Low speed turns has also improved. Turn in response has increased and the front end takes a set and brings the rear end along for the ride.

I can honestly say - the car is the best its ever been. I'm not gonna preach on the subframe alignment kit being the greatest and everyone should buy it. I am not going to claim it's the best thing since sliced bread. But it sure did fix an issue I had, when I went in expecting nothing. And it shows IMO that the subframe alignment does in fact matter. It's not gonna make your car better if you dont have an issue, but it may improve it if you do. And once you remove all bushing deflection, small things begin to matter. Something to keep in mind.

Overall I am extremely thrilled! Every time I get in it I am enjoying myself again. It's a great, great feeling to have that back again. And its doubly rewarding when the work you've put into it to make it feel and react like you expect turns into a reality.

So... more to come! PP extension panel, catch can, GT350 TP spoiler, a front splitter once I can find one, and brake mods and tires in my future. And just in time for the warm weather coming soon. Autocross this spring, drives to the beach... Going to be a great summer too!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just got my summer wheels back on! And I met a new buddy!

Met up with @SAY WHAT yesterday and we had a blast driving each other's cars and such. His car was a joy to drive, especially with the Corsa Extreme exhaust he has. Man! So much fun.

Nice to meet a fellow Mustang guy near me and I'm sure many meet-ups will be in order.

The whole car needs a good clean lol
20190324_170712.jpg

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
So, I went a little crazy with parts recently, especially the last couple days lol.

Now that the suspension is done, I decided to focus a little on doing some light aero mods and BRAKES lol. This will for the most part "complete" the build.

The additions will be as follows:

-GT350 Track Pack Spoiler
-APR Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
-Steeda Non-PP 2PC floating rotors front and rear
-G-LOC brake pads

All the parts are in hand or on order except the the pads. I plan to do an event or two before I add the parts so I can see the difference. Really excited for the brakes (which are sorely needed) and the front splitter. I'm hoping some added downforce will make the car more stable over 120.

And the rotors should save 11 lbs of unsprung and rotating mass, so all in all I'd expect it to be a big upgrade over the base GT brakes. And it also corrects the venting/cooling issue with the base GT rotors.

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
So, I went a little crazy with parts recently, especially the last couple days lol.

Now that the suspension is done, I decided to focus a little on doing some light aero mods and BRAKES lol. This will for the most part "complete" the build.

The additions will be as follows:

-GT350 Track Pack Spoiler
-APR Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
-Steeda Non-PP 2PC floating rotors front and rear
-G-LOC brake pads

All the parts are in hand or on order except the the pads. I plan to do an event or two before I add the parts so I can see the difference. Really excited for the brakes (which are sorely needed) and the front splitter. I'm hoping some added downforce will make the car more stable over 120.

And the rotors should save 11 lbs of unsprung and rotating mass, so all in all I'd expect it to be a big upgrade over the base GT brakes. And it also corrects the venting/cooling issue with the base GT rotors.
I still need to order my g loc pads as well, which compound are you going with and who do you plan on buying from?

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I bought GS-1 for the time being. Got them from Optimum Performance.

In retrospect didnt check to see if they were cheap elsewhere

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The GT350 track pack spoiler got installed today. @SAY WHAT came over and we worked on it. It was much easier with a second person to help especially with the 3M tape. That part took about 45 minutes lol. And also those clips that hold the trunk liner on are annoying. Easier if you pry them both sides.

We also did a full wash on it. With the stuff he had, it was amazing. He had all the detail stuff and showed me a lot, so in all in all it was a great day. Two Mustangs guys gettin together.

That ass end though. She's sexy.
20190330_180231.jpg
20190330_180144.jpg
View attachment 352218
20190330_180135.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Steeda 2pc rotors are in, along with G-LOC GS-1 pads front and rear. Installing them this weekend.
Man, those G-LOC pads aren't cheap. Hope they're worth it! Lol

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Well I finally did it. I've been wanting to do a 3.55 Torsen, but they don't make a Torsen with 3.55 gears. The only way to do it is to buy a 2018 or 2019 PP auto car, or wait until someone wrecks theirs or decides to take theirs off. I could have done 3.73s but I think that is too much gearing for my 6R80 transmission. The 3.55 gears is likely where I want to be. I could have bought a takeoff 3.73 Torsen and then buy 3.55 gears and swap em in, but that seemed to be a more expensive option.

Then at the most unexpected of times, a 2018 PP 3.55 diff shows up on FB marketplace. A 10,000 mile takeoff and I got it for a steal of a price! Just arrived yesterday. Shout out to @BmacIL for finding this - the bargain hunter.
20190513_181826.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well I finally did it. I've been wanting to do a 3.55 Torsen, but they don't make a Torsen with 3.55 gears. The only way to do it is to buy a 2018 or 2019 PP auto car, or wait until someone wrecks theirs or decides to take theirs off. I could have done 3.73s but I think that is too much gearing for my 6R80 transmission. The 3.55 gears is likely where I want to be. I could have bought a takeoff 3.73 Torsen and then buy 3.55 gears and swap em in, but that seemed to be a more expensive option.

Then at the most unexpected of times, a 2018 PP 3.55 diff shows up on FB marketplace. A 10,000 mile takeoff and I got it for a steal of a price! Just arrived yesterday. Shout out to @BmacIL for finding this - the bargain hunter.
20190513_181826.jpg
You and I are BOTH going to have a lot of fun after doing this swap, me with the 3.73 torsen.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
You and I are BOTH going to have a lot of fun after doing this swap, me with the 3.73 torsen.
Oh yeah! I cannot wait. And I think the 3.55 and 3.73 gears are the perfect match for our respective transmissions. Me having little knowledge of what to expect, I am pretty excited to see what it'll feel like.
Sponsored