Blown rear end

nickmiester2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I was on my way from work the other day when I heard a loud bang then rough vibrations in the mid section of the car. Apparently I blew my rear ended when I was accelerating more rarely fast. I have a 2015 mustang gt with a procharger And DSS 800hp rear axles. I have the pro barter set to the lowest setting for boost. I need help with what gears or rear axle I should use to prevent this from happening the future.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Are you sure it was the rear and not just the driveshaft or one of the axles? The driveshaft and the stock axles are the weak links, and since you have DSS 800hp axles, I'm leaning towards the driveshaft. It's possible it's the rear itself, but I have never heard of someone actually breaking one. The super 8.8 center section these cars have can easily handle 1500 hp with good axles and driveshaft and some better mount bushings to stop the wheel hop.

OP
OP
nickmiester2

nickmiester2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Are you sure it was the rear and not just the driveshaft or one of the axles? The driveshaft and the stock axles are the weak links, and since you have DSS 800hp axles, I'm leaning towards the driveshaft. It's possible it's the rear itself, but I have never heard of someone actually breaking one. The super 8.8 center section these cars have can easily handle 1500 hp with good axles and driveshaft and some better mount bushings to stop the wheel hop.

I took it to the shop after looking at the rear axles and drive shaft. They were the ones that told me it was blown. Normally I would be skeptical about a mechanic telling me something just to pull one on you but after seeing that the drive shaft and rear axles were still in tact I am surprised but can find it believeable.
Sponsored