Black Wheel Nicked...

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So much for trying it keep it perfect and pristine, had a flat repair done and realized I got a very small very minor nick and chip...
Going to hit with a sharpie and hope for the best...

Why do these things bother us so much?

Like the old saying goes when you buy/pay for it yourself you definitely appreciate it more.
Imagine getting your first oil change/rotation at 3K miles and the Ford techs gouged up your rims.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Imagine getting your first oil change/rotation at 3K miles and the Ford techs gouged up your rims.
that what happened to your car? That’s crazy! How’d they fix it? Ordered you a new set of rims?

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
that what happened to your car? That’s crazy! How’d they fix it? Ordered you a new set of rims?
No they said it was already there. Which I know it wasn’t because I had just cleaned the car prior to getting the oil changed. But what can you do really. I’ll probably order some touch up paint and try to just cover the spots so it doesn’t rust

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
No they said it was already there. Which I know it wasn’t because I had just cleaned the car prior to getting the oil changed. But what can you do really. I’ll probably order some touch up paint and try to just cover the spots so it doesn’t rust

Yeah I usually go over my car before they take it.
I do admit sometimes things are there that you don’t notice...

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah I usually go over my car before they take it.
I do admit sometimes things are there that you don’t notice...
Yes sometimes, but this was clearly caused by improper use of an impact wrench. But oh well I think after I’m out of free changes I’ll change the oil and rotate the tires myself

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Scuffing one of my black wheels is a fear of mine, esp since my wife drives the car. It is inevitable, but when it happens I know I won't sleep at night until it is fixed.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The nicks I hate the most if when careless (ahole) tire shop people hit the edges of the holes where the lug nuts are with their stupid impact guns because they're in a hurry to finish the job asap. Instead of carefully placing the socket onto the nuts without hitting the wheels at all... which probably takes a freaking extra second. That's why I almost always just take my wheels alone, but even then, they still manage to scratch or scrape the freaking wheels due to improper setup of the tire changing machine. I DREAD having to change my tires.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I've got the points for two oil changes and can't bring myself to use them. I've changed my own oil twice in the year since I bought it and rotated my own tires as well.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No way I'd let a dealer change my oil, even if I was paid for it :D. I also have one free oil change that of course will never use.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have had 2 nails in my tires and found a shop that did an excellent job and too care and attention to detail. Yeh first wheel flawless, the second wheel I think it was nicked with the gun but still a very small imperfection, I’ll see if I can get a pic up later. However still rather impressed with the work especially compared to other shops. I’ll use them for replacement tires.

Due to me having an issue with Ford they gave me 9 free services which changes the oils, all filters wiper blades, shocks struts and brakes... I’m take advantage of it... it’s a car I drive it daily and I won’t have it forever. Going to keep it looking good but when I trade it in for the new thing none of those things will matter.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I Sharpie'd one of my MRR wheels after a curb ding, it covered it up really well, I was going to order a replacement, but I just sort of let it go, and after a few weeks, I more or less didn't even think about it any longer.

Hbassi5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hardeep
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I Sharpie'd one of my MRR wheels after a curb ding, it covered it up really well, I was going to order a replacement, but I just sort of let it go, and after a few weeks, I more or less didn't even think about it any longer.
I use the sharpie every couple months on one of my front wheel that got scraped on Brick that I didn’t notice in parking lot. I was thinking about ordering new wheel but decided to try a sharpie and it did the trick where it doesn’t bother me that much.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
16EF5DB3-B73A-4493-8C9D-CFBE0EAEB138.jpeg
02BECD25-8568-43E3-9AE2-22458BFEF9EE.jpeg
I used this on my PP wheels. It also dispenses clear if you wish to apply it as well.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Nice universal place and it matches just fine?
Sponsored