mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ooooof, that looks good (dodgy windscreen wipers aside)! :coolphotos:
reminds me of a joke i heard on bfbs decades ago

what are the snakes in front of you when you are driving in your car called?

windscreen V (W) ipers :doh::doh::doh:

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Black with PP is what I'll end up ordering. Thanks for the photos
Black looks totally amazing when highly polished and clean, however black is just way too much work to maintain and keep clean in my opinion. Within a few months after buying a black car it reveals all sorts of spider webbing, white road pock marks, etc. Take a look at any black car and its obvious what the road and daily wear does to a black car. Have you noticed how a black car looks even after a light rain shower??

Of course if you are going to garage it and not use it as a daily driver, well thats totally different. My neighbor just got a new 2014 black F-150, EcoBoost, back in March, he loved the black color for the first month, now he tells me he really regrets getting black and wished he had got another color. :(

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Black looks totally amazing when highly polished and clean, however black is just way too much work to maintain and keep clean in my opinion. Within a few months after buying a black car it reveals all sorts of spider webbing, white road pock marks, etc. Take a look at any black car and its obvious what the road and daily wear does to a black car. Have you noticed how a black car looks even after a light rain shower??

Of course if you are going to garage it and not use it as a daily driver, well thats totally different. My neighbor just got a new 2014 black F-150, EcoBoost, back in March, he loved the black color for the first month, now he tells me he really regrets getting black and wished he had got another color. :(

I'm definitely one of those who doesn't waste their time trying to keep their car clean. I find it much more enjoyable to be out driving my car the way it was meant to be driven than slaving away in the driveway trying to keep the paint perfect.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks

JoeySD,
Sorry you have hard time keeping your car clean. I in the other hand don't mind it so much if my car is little dirty... I also don't mind paint chips on a black car. It's just something I've learned to live with. Almost all of my previous cars have been Black. I guess I'm that boring person that can't make up his mind on a car color. I drive 8 miles round trip to my work. During those 8 miles the speed limit is 25-35mph. I normally make the drive in the 2012 Edge which is also black (I hand wash my cars weekly... just something I enjoy on a sunny afternoon weekend). Also seeing that I only put about 3-4k miles on my car annually, I'm not really worried about it. I can see your concern if I were to drive 60+ miles a day commuting on the highway but that won't be the case for me. I'll probably take this car for Sunday drives, and to golf courses... Something about a black car that stays "classy" for me

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I really like the black and I've owned two black cars. I dont mind the work of washing and cleaning my car. Mindless work is therapy to me. I mind doing it in the middle of the winter, however. A black car means driving a filthy car for four months or washing it in the freezing cold. I would only trust a high dollar detail-er not to screw up the paint and Im not paying half a grand a year to keep it clean each winter.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
JoeySD,
Sorry you have hard time keeping your car clean. I in the other hand don't mind it so much if my car is little dirty... I also don't mind paint chips on a black car. It's just something I've learned to live with. Almost all of my previous cars have been Black. I guess I'm that boring person that can't make up his mind on a car color. I drive 8 miles round trip to my work. During those 8 miles the speed limit is 25-35mph. I normally make the drive in the 2012 Edge which is also black (I hand wash my cars weekly... just something I enjoy on a sunny afternoon weekend). Also seeing that I only put about 3-4k miles on my car annually, I'm not really worried about it. I can see your concern if I were to drive 60+ miles a day commuting on the highway but that won't be the case for me. I'll probably take this car for Sunday drives, and to golf courses... Something about a black car that stays "classy" for me
Mines not black, I also enjoy keeping my cars cleaned and taken care of :eek:

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Mines not black, I also enjoy keeping my cars cleaned and taken care of :eek:
I apologize, it was stupid of me to assume.
I guess I'm a veteran at black car owner ship.. I've been desensitized by owning 5 black cars in a row..

Sponsored

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
I think this is one of the best pics of the car in black that i've seen.
6.jpg
black barrett jackson.jpg
Sponsored