Sponsored

Black Interior Trim

bent98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500
I wanted to black out of bunch of my silver interior trim. Interior door handle, steering wheel trim, gauge and ac vent bezels, paddle shifters. I know I can get carbon fiber covers easily for some of the parts but no one seems to make a plain satin or semi gloss black. I could buy these pieces and paint them but since they are high touch areas, im know sure if the oils from my hands would cause paint to fade or peel over time. Does anyone know of someone who offers them in black?

https://www.amazon.com/AOKIO-Interior-Handle-Mustang-Accessories/dp/B0B5LQDGKY?th=1https://www.amazon.com/AOKIO-Interior-Handle-Mustang-Accessories/dp/B0B5F1T2KL?th=1
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I have seen some people paint or vinyl wrap some of these areas.

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
I've noticed in some of the photos and videos out on the Dark Horse that the handles appear black on that. I've been curious to see if that'll ultimately be something available for sale through Ford Performance or some dealers since the door panels appear to have used many of the same parts as the S550. That may be something worth looking into.

Sponsored

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
im actually interested in the same as you , i want all those silver handles and plates and trim pieces black , i may end up doing ebay fake carbon fiber bc i dont see any just black covers.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I did the following:

used a spray dye to black out the shift bezel and I'm installing

speaker ring covers/cup holder trim this weekend. I'm weary of the handles cause of so much touching but we'll see how these hold up. Will have pics of other stuff this weekend. I bought the cheapest fakest carbon fiber ones on Amazon.

IMG_4603.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I found some black carbon fiber pieces ( not a big fan of carbon fiber) but I hate silver/ chrome and these are darker then most -found em on Amazon. Made by RT-TCZ .. fit perfect. Picture below is on my car..going to cover the major silver with them so around the shifter,cup holder, steering wheel .. just to reduce the silver grandpa look .. some is okay but they put too much IMOP

IMG_0695.jpeg

Last edited:

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I found some black carbon fiber pieces ( not a big fan of carbon fiber) but I hate silver/ chrome and these are darker then most -found em on Amazon. Made by RT-TCZ .. fit perfect. Picture below is on my car..going to cover the major silver with them so around the shifter,cup holder, steering wheel .. just to reduce the silver grandpa look .. some is okay but they put too much IMOP

IMG_0695.jpeg
How do those feel when closing? I always felt like they would feel "off" like it's doubled up on the layers of the handle.

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I know this is not interior based - but on my path to blacking out my car I finally found a center rim/wheel center cap with a black horse! Go to: www.coyotebadgeshop.com

I also found a black steering wheel pony decal and black carbon decal to cover up that chrome horse nonsense in the interior … bought both to see which one I like better - it’s on eBay!