Sponsored

Bittersweet

Ryan78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I've had both, and since you kept your 05 GT, you now have the best of both worlds. I love the Ingot Silver GT, so that's what I ordered. However, my heart was set on a deeper bright red than Race Red. It looks too orange to me. I'm sure in MY16 or MY17 they'll go back to a regular bright red and when they do, I'll definitely get one. In other words, I understand the color dilemma. Enjoy the jeep in the mean time!
Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Thanks guys :)

Keep in mind that I am a mustang enthusiast and always will be. I've been driving my 2005 Mustang GT since I was 16 and I did (or helped do) all of the work and mods it had done. Last year, I was close to buying a 2014 5.0, but I wanted to wait until I graduated nursing school so that I could comfortably afford it. Of course, then the 2015's were announced and I was absolutely sure that I would have one as soon as they were available.

I thought about buying a cheap 4x4 as a daily driver and keeping the new mustang in the garage, but I guess I wasn't convinced that the MY2015 is the "one." What if the 2016 s550 is offered in grabber blue (or another color that I love) and I want that instead? What if I want the GT350? I justified the decision to wait in my head and went to look at Jeeps. I drove one for 30 minutes yesterday and I absolutely loved it!

People say you can't cross-shop a Mustang and a Jeep, but I think you can. Both of these vehicles are the epitome of American Pride, and both are extremely fun...just in different ways. Also, they both seem to have very dedicated communities...which I love. I would never buy a Crapmaro and the Challenger never appealed to me.

I still have my 2005 Mustang as using it as a "trade-in" was not an option. I will have a newer mustang in a few years, but it will have to awe me just like my 2005 GT did, and just like my current Jeep does. I've seen 3 different 2015's in person (1 GT and 2 EBs) and, while they are VERY NICE, its just not time for me to get mine yet. I'm sure it will be one day soon though. :)

Here is a quick pic I took of my new Jeep as soon as I got it home. It was $46k MSRP and I ended up getting it for $40k. Its a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X in Bright White. Oh...and I will definitely be taking it off-road! :)

congrats on the new Jeep looks awesome and love the wheels !! Whoa it listed for 46k? and you got it for 40k ?? I thought the Rubicon was around 36k ??? you must of got a lot of dealer options ???

Johnnybear

Future Mustang owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Passat Wagon, Jeep Wrangler, 1979 Mustang
So...I canceled my order today :( :brokenheart:

I really don't know why. I've been waiting forever for this Mustang and I absolutely love everything about it. However, the fact that it would be my only car (winter here stinks) coupled with the fact that I was so undecided on what color I wanted, landed me at a Jeep dealership today. After spending most of my day there I put a deposit down on a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X (white with black fenders and hard/soft tops....its beautiful!) They have it stored at a depot about an hour away and I'll take delivery either tomorrow or Friday. I feel like such a traitor, but after driving the Jeep around with the top off, I was sold.

I'm going to be so jealous when I see you guys driving around in your new, shiny mustangs and I definitely hope to have one of my own soon. It just has to wait till later. Until I can afford 2 cars so I can properly baby my stang!
I drove jeeps for over 12 years and love so many things about jeeps. I saw one the other day that had leather interior and the exterior was covered in bed liner! It looked amazing! years ago I applied a bed liner coating to mimic a bra and it saved so many paint chips (its a jeep thing). You will love your choice and being that I am from Minneapolis, I totally get it. I am looking at keeping my Passat and buying a mustang for my Spring, Summer, Fall car and my passat will be my winter and carrying my dogs car. I will say that I miss a fwd car.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
46k msrp for a Jeep now...:lol: Now I know why people dont take them off road anymore.

Congrats OP...Its a very nice Jeep.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
46k msrp for a Jeep now...:lol: Now I know why people dont take them off road anymore.

Congrats OP...Its a very nice Jeep.

Agreed, Jeeps are crazy expensive now.

OP I have no doubt you will not regret your decision at all since you've decided to keep your other Mustang. Jeeps are awesome, and I would love to get one. I just can't justify it though as I have and need a truck over the Jeep. If i were to get a jeep it would have to be a 4th vehicle. I have a truck and will always need a truck, I will always want something fun and sporty like a Mustang, 3rd vehicle would be something economical for long road trips and dd'in, 4th would be a Jeep Wrangler period. If i didn't need the bed of the truck, I would totally have a Wrangler as my DD right now. Now if you could throw a diesel in that thing and get mid 30's mpg traveling under 60mph then I would get it as a 3rd vehicle.

Sponsored

Johnnybear

Future Mustang owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I have always wanted to know if I would be happy with the space of the four door jeeps when compared to my old f150. I know it would be a lot more room than my wrangler. I found it funny that when I packed up my wrangler for a weekend of camping or hunting and added my dog I had no room for anyone else. That forced me to get a roof rack which looked pretty awesome. Even though I am an avid Hunter/camper and live in Minnesota I can't wait any longer for a sports/Muscle car. I will keep the passat for the kids and dogs and something to drive in the winter, but I will get a mustang-wish I did not have to wait until 2015

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
So get blizzaks and a driver mod instead of cancelling the order!

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
I might be out there with snow tire and when needed chains, but if you see me in a snow bank please pull me out.

DeColores

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What about a four cylinder Mustang? ;)
Ah yes correct! If it's boosted, then I'm all for it!

I still need to test drive a Focus ST someday...

Johnnybear

Future Mustang owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
The issue is not the traction of the Blizzak tires but the clearance of the Mustang in snowy weather. Once 3-4 inches of snow falls or one must drive over a ridge, the snow will compact under the car and even a AWD Blizzak mustang would not be able to move……..

Hmm, imagine an AWD Mustang….. The Rally teams give AWD to the Ford Fiesta…… Now that would be something to think about!

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The issue is not the traction of the Blizzak tires but the clearance of the Mustang in snowy weather. Once 3-4 inches of snow falls or one must drive over a ridge, the snow will compact under the car and even a AWD Blizzak mustang would not be able to move……..

Hmm, imagine an AWD Mustang….. The Rally teams give AWD to the Ford Fiesta…… Now that would be something to think about!
AWD still wouldn't fix the problem you just mentioned lol

Johnnybear

Future Mustang owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
i was not thinking AWD for snow, I was thinking AWD for road courses

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
AWD still wouldn't fix the problem you just mentioned lol
It absolutely would if you can get out of the driveway. 3-4" is nothing for a car...I still see morons by me trying to drive mustangs after 10+" blizzards. Those are the ones I will not help.

AWD is apparently a lot better than you think, besides it barely snows where you are...

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was referring to johnnybear talking about the accumulation of snow being enough to ground out the frame with snow. AWD will not help with that.

Lol doesn't mean I haven't lived or driven where there is snow :thumbsup: and using the word barely is far too gracious lol. More like once in a blue moon does it snow.
Sponsored