Sponsored

Bittersweet

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I owned a Jeep for many years...At the time I owned them there were almost no Jeeps on the road and the Jeep owners were the best automotive crew I've ever been involved with. Jeep ownership was or at least used to be a hardship. There was the crazy road noise, awful drive, bad gas mileage etc. You used to really have to love a Jeep to own one. There were no casual owners just die hard off roaders. Almost every Jeep owner used to do the wave and I cant even tell you how many times I spent 20 minutes in a parking lot talking to another complete stranger that was a Jeep owner.

The Mustang community is awesome and I see a lot of respect and decency on this board. The Mustang crew has no chance of being as cool as the Jeep crew was, however. Its a Jeep thing and you really wont understand until you own one.The only reason I sold my Jeep was my little girl came along and it was completely impractical.

Today Jeeps have all of the creature comforts and ownership is no long a hardship. The four door version are literally on every corner and the crowd that owns them now literally never takes them off road. I see more soccer moms in them than Grisly Adams types. I hope for your sake the Jeep community has stayed awesome because that really is half of ownership. Im very tempted to buy another because there really is something special about a Jeep. Pulling out of your garage early in the morning to go to work with the top down and doors off is just, well, awesome......Good luck.
Sponsored

Cobraunit

Mustang Fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I always have said that everyone should own a Jeep at least once in their life. Enjoy!

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
+1 :thumbsup:

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
I have not owned a wrangler in a while but I drive a 14 Grand Cherokee Limited every day. I have put 65,000 miles on it in the last 12 months and it is run all day almost every day with no issues aside from a couple of electronic bugs that recalls covered. The new jeeps are much more refined than anything they have ever made. I drove a wrangler first and was completely SHOCKED at how nice and quiet it was. Fuel economy sucks but you can go just about anywhere in it. I think your "sensible" choice is going to also be a fun choice. Just don't try to take on the new 5.0 at a stop light :)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So...I canceled my order today :( :brokenheart:

I really don't know why. I've been waiting forever for this Mustang and I absolutely love everything about it. However, the fact that it would be my only car (winter here stinks) coupled with the fact that I was so undecided on what color I wanted, landed me at a Jeep dealership today. After spending most of my day there I put a deposit down on a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X (white with black fenders and hard/soft tops....its beautiful!) They have it stored at a depot about an hour away and I'll take delivery either tomorrow or Friday. I feel like such a traitor, but after driving the Jeep around with the top off, I was sold.

I'm going to be so jealous when I see you guys driving around in your new, shiny mustangs and I definitely hope to have one of my own soon. It just has to wait till later. Until I can afford 2 cars so I can properly baby my stang!
So couldn't you have just waited for the car to come out to pick a color?

I mean you haven't even driven the Mustang to compare it to the Jeep.

Obviously if winters suck then a Jeep is a good choice but to me it seems like you could have waited a few months to figure it out.

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
What? A Jeep?
Sorry, I cant go along with everyone else congratulating you. You cant go and get a Jeep instead of a Mustang.
Cancel it immediately before you regret it and thank yourself you don't have to wait as long as us Brits for your Mustang!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
So couldn't you have just waited for the car to come out to pick a color?

I mean you haven't even driven the Mustang to compare it to the Jeep.

Obviously if winters suck then a Jeep is a good choice but to me it seems like you could have waited a few months to figure it out.
What? A Jeep?
Sorry, I cant go along with everyone else congratulating you. You cant go and get a Jeep instead of a Mustang.
Cancel it immediately before you regret it and thank yourself you don't have to wait as long as us Brits for your Mustang!
Well now that you all went there. I agree, the impulsive move on the Jeep might be a bad choice. Why not wait to check out the car in person if you really want a Mustang?

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I don't see the connection. Mustang - Jeep.

What you really wanted is an SUV.

If you fit winter tires to your Mustang you'll get through the bad weather.

I have a nephew that sold his Mustang to concentrate on his Jeep, I don't get that either.

You'll be back some day.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I've been down this road before...but I slammed on the brakes and reversed as fast as I could!

Before I was in love with the 2015, I had considered, in order, a Very nice 2004 Limited Jeep Grand Cherokee with the big V8 (good in whatever, comfortable), a Volkswagen Jetta diesel (700 mpg?!) and a Subaru XV CrossTrek (can at least take it off the road somewhat, space, cheap).

Mainly because I thought they were very interesting vehicles ...I'm a car enthusiast so I try to enjoy, if not at least appreciate all cars. Mustangs just happen to be my favorite :p

But everyday I am out on the road, I think to myself "I can't imagine driving anything other than a Mustang".
No I don't want a 4 cylinder that requires me to floor it just to get out of its own way.
I don't want a big vehicle that I might haul something in that gets the same if not worse MPG than a Mustang (I could be having fun instead of lugging around my 2 ton vehicle, body rolling all over the place).

What I want is a Mustang...It can go like hell, carry things if you're creative, makes beautiful noise...well I'm sure you all know the rest anyways.

I think you'll enjoy your Jeep, but buyers regret is not fun. I'm trying to be impartial here but my Mustang has done everything I've asked it to and surprised me every time. Yes, even snow.

At least you didn't decide to go with a run of the mill Corolla ! :eyebulge:

Edit: skimmed the post , didn't see the last part about buying it later...Rock on with your Jeep and Future Mustang (hopefully)!

OP
OP
maybe_maybe_bby
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks guys :)

Keep in mind that I am a mustang enthusiast and always will be. I've been driving my 2005 Mustang GT since I was 16 and I did (or helped do) all of the work and mods it had done. Last year, I was close to buying a 2014 5.0, but I wanted to wait until I graduated nursing school so that I could comfortably afford it. Of course, then the 2015's were announced and I was absolutely sure that I would have one as soon as they were available.

I thought about buying a cheap 4x4 as a daily driver and keeping the new mustang in the garage, but I guess I wasn't convinced that the MY2015 is the "one." What if the 2016 s550 is offered in grabber blue (or another color that I love) and I want that instead? What if I want the GT350? I justified the decision to wait in my head and went to look at Jeeps. I drove one for 30 minutes yesterday and I absolutely loved it!

People say you can't cross-shop a Mustang and a Jeep, but I think you can. Both of these vehicles are the epitome of American Pride, and both are extremely fun...just in different ways. Also, they both seem to have very dedicated communities...which I love. I would never buy a Crapmaro and the Challenger never appealed to me.

I still have my 2005 Mustang as using it as a "trade-in" was not an option. I will have a newer mustang in a few years, but it will have to awe me just like my 2005 GT did, and just like my current Jeep does. I've seen 3 different 2015's in person (1 GT and 2 EBs) and, while they are VERY NICE, its just not time for me to get mine yet. I'm sure it will be one day soon though. :)

Here is a quick pic I took of my new Jeep as soon as I got it home. It was $46k MSRP and I ended up getting it for $40k. Its a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X in Bright White. Oh...and I will definitely be taking it off-road! :)

Sponsored

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Thanks guys :)

Keep in mind that I am a mustang enthusiast and always will be. I've been driving my 2005 Mustang GT since I was 16 and I did (or helped do) all of the work and mods it had done. Last year, I was close to buying a 2014 5.0, but I wanted to wait until I graduated nursing school so that I could comfortably afford it. Of course, then the 2015's were announced and I was absolutely sure that I would have one as soon as they were available.

I thought about buying a cheap 4x4 as a daily driver and keeping the new mustang in the garage, but I guess I wasn't convinced that the MY2015 is the "one." What if the 2016 s550 is offered in grabber blue (or another color that I love) and I want that instead? What if I want the GT350? I justified the decision to wait in my head and went to look at Jeeps. I drove one for 30 minutes yesterday and I absolutely loved it!

People say you can't cross-shop a Mustang and a Jeep, but I think you can. Both of these vehicles are the epitome of American Pride, and both are extremely fun...just in different ways. Also, they both seem to have very dedicated communities...which I love. I would never buy a Crapmaro and the Challenger never appealed to me.

I still have my 2005 Mustang as using it as a "trade-in" was not an option. I will have a newer mustang in a few years, but it will have to awe me just like my 2005 GT did, and just like my current Jeep does. I've seen 3 different 2015's in person (1 GT and 2 EBs) and, while they are VERY NICE, its just not time for me to get mine yet. I'm sure it will be one day soon though. :)

Here is a quick pic I took of my new Jeep as soon as I got it home. It was $46k MSRP and I ended up getting it for $40k. Its a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X in Bright White. Oh...and I will definitely be taking it off-road! :)
I think you will love the jeep and your future Mustang even more. You can hang out here when your patients are asleep. I work in a hospital and want to say thank you for choosing nursing. Ya'll have it rough, I'd rather be back in a combat zone than deal with what you go through. Kudos to you and happy jeeping.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
That is a really good looking Wrangler. Congratulations! Good deal to. Enjoy taking it off-road.

Good call on keeping the 05. At least you still have a Mustang to drive.

5.0-PoPo

Live Free or Die
Threads
Reaction score
Enjoy the Jeep! We have a Wrangler Unlimited and love it! Doors Off Top Back :headbang:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
But everyday I am out on the road, I think to myself "I can't imagine driving anything other than a Mustang".
No I don't want a 4 cylinder that requires me to floor it just to get out of its own way.
What about a four cylinder Mustang? ;)
Sponsored