Stick an Ecoboost badge on it, thieves won't go any where near it :lol:
Or a rear window louver ;)!
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i wouldn't worry too much about it these cars aren't common and aren't your run of the mill pinch and chop jobbies they'd be stolen to order less likely a common pincher would bother with one plus they stand out far too much and if driven hard (like most would do not owning it) they'll drink fuel and probably kill them.
they're easy to track down and easy to identify you'll be fine.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
If you leave the keys near don't leave them in sight of the letter box. That's making it too easy.
Most 'break ins' our way are due to people simply not locking their doors. Thieves just go house to house till they find one unlocked. A Mustang is much harder to shift and more conspicuous than most cars. Enjoy it.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Even if someone was to steal it, they probably wouldn't even need the keys. They may be able to boost the signal from the keys and simply jump in and drive away.
Don't sell it especially not back to the Ford dealership as they are robbing you themselves.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
get a good house alarm to wake you up and keep a sledge hammer under the bed in case the alarm wakes you up.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
Don't sell it - the fear will pass. I find it helps to remind myself that around 20% of cars have a higher resale value - so thieves more likely to steal the a5 or whatever other cars are on your street. Instead of loosing ÂŁ5500 to the dealer, invest in an alarm and/or tracker, and make sure you have new for old insurance policy and then you don't need to worry!

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
My car sits on the drive every night, I've not got a staffy (two patterdales though, who probably would lick would be thieves to death, they do bark like maniacs tho'), I've not experienced any untoward attention.

Enjoy the car, it wouldn't matter what you had, if a low life wanted it.........

Drive it, enjoy it, take the Mrs and kids away in it. Don't sell it, it's iconic, it's the product of your labour.

You could fit one of those one way posts at the bottom of your drive, with 240v running through it :shrug::thumbsup:

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Hi All

Sorry I have not posted much on the forum but i have been reading others over the last year while awaiting the arrival of my Fastback Black V8 GT.
After a bit of a wait over Christmas I finally got my hands on it 2 days ago and absolutely love everything about the car the drive,look,sound heated seats etc etc. :D
Only issue is when i parked her on the drive on the first night me and the missus got super paranoid (the car stands out like a sore thumb :)) about these car thefts by in which a criminal breaks into your house to steel the key as a few had been reported in and around our area in the last couple of months.
We ended up staying up all night as we couldn't get to sleep due to the fact we have two young kids and wouldn't want someone breaking in and searching for the key :shrug:

So after much discussion I went back to the Ford dealership the next day just to see if i could hand the car back or potentially part ex for a more less desirable model which would not hopefully bring unwanted attention, I stand to make a loss of ÂŁ5500 if they bought it back after 1 day of ownership with around 60 miles on the clock :headbonk:

Question is do I try and sell private or go with the dealer as less hassle or any other potential options which I may not have considered? :confused: Obviously i would want to keep the car and beef up home security but i think unless i could put it in a garage overnight which isn't an option in my current home every tom dick and harry is going to see it who walks past.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated or any others had these paranoid thoughts about their mustang? :)
Is this a serious post?

Just asking!

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
I was thinking the same - could understand you stressing if something had actually happened but to panic and do something irrational is just bonkers:crazy:

I definitely like the idea of a loud exhaust as a deterrent- when I fire up my Rouen ABs at 6am, I feel slightly bad about the neighbours:eyebulge:By neighbours, I mean anybody within a mile:headbang:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Your post seems slightly irrational (and didnt you think of this before buying it?)

Anyhoo, if its a genuine issue, just hang the keys by the back/fornt door. If they break in then they wont be bothering you, the car will be gone, and you will get a nice insurance pay out.

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
An alternative way of looking at this is maybe ,just maybe the poster is disappointed with the car :headbonk: and this is a free advert for anyone wanting to jump the queue......

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
An alternative way of looking at this is maybe ,just maybe the poster is disappointed with the car :headbonk: and this is a free advert for anyone wanting to jump the queue......
Very possibly.... but I wouldn't buy one from his street as it's probably been broken into and joy ridden by now.
Sponsored