swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So the wife likes to claim the Mustang is hers. Which I go along with to keep the peace. So then I got her some stuff for her birthday, you know, things that any Mustang owner would appreciate... Sto-N-Sho license plate bracket, cargo net for trunk and of course a Mustang tee shirt.

Now what kind of response did you think I got? :lipssealed:
Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
... Sto-N-Sho license plate bracket, cargo net for trunk and of course a Mustang tee shirt.
You must be young and not married very long.

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hilarious :cwl:. No offense. I'm sure she shot daggers at you.
I've learned the hard way to take note of at least 2-3 things my wife mentions through the year that she likes or wants. They tend to drop hints about a month before their birthday or Christmas. Sometimes very subtle.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So the wife likes to claim the Mustang is hers. Which I go along with to keep the peace. So then I got her some stuff for her birthday, you know, things that any Mustang owner would appreciate... Sto-N-Sho license plate bracket, cargo net for trunk and of course a Mustang tee shirt.

LoL, guess it's really not "hers" after all by the reaction. That could have backfired even more, because she could have really latched onto it knowing you're buying parts for her Mustang.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

I hope they aren't wedged in too tight for you to pull them out.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
LoL, guess it's really not "hers" after all by the reaction. That could have backfired even more, because she could have really latched onto it knowing you're buying parts for her Mustang.
I don't think it could have backfired worse. :angry:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't think it could have backfired worse. :angry:
Wait 'till you're older. Some woman told her husband she wanted Tulips for Valentines Day. Hearing not so good. She got a basket of turnips.

Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I wouldn't buy car stuff for my wife for any significant day. She really seems to love her car and doesn't want to replace it with anything else so far. The few upgrades I've done to it have been for her car, but the upgrades for me. No way buying her car stuff would go over well.

But for an enthusiast owner - that's different. I bought my best friend the tailight covers for his EcoBoost. He loved them. But he's a guy, and he's a car enthusiast.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Subconsciously I did it as a test, to see just how much of an enthusiast she was. She failed. :bandit:

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I second the comment "must be young and not married long." LOL.

Next time, you buy jewelry she could wear, or something personal for woman.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hilarious :cwl:. No offense. I'm sure she shot daggers at you.
I've learned the hard way to take note of at least 2-3 things my wife mentions through the year that she likes or wants. They tend to drop hints about a month before their birthday or Christmas. Sometimes very subtle.
Completely agree. Here is a little flow chart that someone developed for us blockheads :)

The closest thing I can think of related to car stuff and presents is to clay bar/polish/wax her car and then detail the inside. Shows:

1. You are willing to put in the time for her
2. You want her to look good (AKA and to borrow a phrase from a country song "And all the ladies sayin 'yeah, she doin' just fine...'")
3. You want her to be comfortable (e.g. a pleasing (smell good, clean) interior)
4. You actually cleaned something instead of making a mess (Note to self: put away the clay bar and so forth when done)
Sponsored