Sponsored

Best/Worst comments from family, friends, enemies about your car

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
I got another" It looks like batmans car". That's the 4th time someone has said it looks like a batmobile. It's official
I AM BATMAN
Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
a guy in a lexus rc 350 stop next to me at a red light and and lowered his window and said "man those new mustangs are beautiful" .
As a former owner of an IS350, I agree.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No offense, but I hate your buddy now, Starman.
If there's one thing I have learned being a car guy for 35 years and an early adopter to car things on the internet (before http existed) I can tell you that I could care less what he thinks much less anyone else. Car people are mostly fan boys of their respective cars even when they are utter turds. I like good cars period which is why this is the first Ford I have owned in 25 years.... the Mustang is a good car.

I remember back in the day when Geo Storm guys were ripping on Honda guys.

No matter what car you have... the internet trolls in abundance will rip on it...

Like others, my friends have said "its good to see you in an American car" and I respond "Its good they made a car worth buying".... besides the fact that the most "American" car made today is a Toyota Camry. that "Amercian" car BS is why companies like Chevy have survived for years selling turds (made in Mexico).

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh reddit, where someone thinks a Honda Accord "Sport" is badass.

You know what, its actually a really nice car. If I were having to travel in our 2 hour commute each day... that would be on the top of my list to do it in.

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
If there's one thing I have learned being a car guy for 35 years and an early adopter to car things on the internet (before http existed) I can tell you that I could care less what he thinks much less anyone else. Car people are mostly fan boys of their respective cars even when they are utter turds. I like good cars period which is why this is the first Ford I have owned in 25 years.... the Mustang is a good car.

No matter what car you have... the internet trolls in abundance will rip on it...

Like others, my friends have said "its good to see you in an American car" and I respond "Its good they made a car worth buying".... besides the fact that the most "American" car made today is a Toyota Camry. that "Amercian" car BS is why companies like Chevy have survived for years selling turds.

yeah the whole " american car" thing is just a joke now. "american" cars being made in mexico canada and other places. then you have "japanese" cars and trucks being made in texas, michigan etc etc. I get a lot of garbage for buying a "japanese"truck (tundra) that was completely made in america by americans. Usually get told that by chevy owners.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
This one made me laff for blocks!! I came out of the beer store and a guy was looking over the car. When I got close, I popped the trunk! He said, "nice car man, is this the new Camaro" ??? I said.... Don't they wish! GM simply restyled the Camaro this year to look like this Mustang!

Then he said..."holy shit, this is sweet!!!" Does make ya feel good!!!

Also I've caught people rubbing their fingers over my hood to see if the stripe was a sticker or painted....it's base/clear !!
image.jpg

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Visited my aunt a few days ago and took my cousin for a ride (he drives a 100% stock SS convertible camaro) and he was going nuts at the power behind it. Also mentioned that it sounds like a plane when I was downshifting from 3rd to 2nd at about 3k rpms (gotta love that sound) when I was preparing for a turn about 5 seconds down the road.

I'm sure all the cars that weren't in the turning lane heard the car and were like "wtf was that?"

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
yeah the whole " american car" thing is just a joke now. "american" cars being made in mexico canada and other places. then you have "japanese" cars and trucks being made in texas, michigan etc etc. I get a lot of garbage for buying a "japanese"truck (tundra) that was completely made in america by americans. Usually get told that by chevy owners.
To me. You follow the money.

American cars, the money for the company stays in the us. Japaneese cars, even ones made in Nashville TN, the money goes to the japanese bottom line.

I can't tell you how many compliments i have recieved at gas stations and stop lights. almost evry day i catch someone with their cell phone trying to take a picture while driving.

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Those are some of the dumbest comments I've ever read. "V6 with an automatic? You baby blah blah blah." I'm sorry you had to put up with that. All Mustangs are beautiful.
It's not a big deal. I've been lurking /r/cars for a while and anticipated the automatic hate...paired with a V6 well it was bound to happen :crazy:. I guess you could say this was an experiment of sorts.

TL;DR if you got a car and it's not a manly car with a manly manual do not post it on reddit :headbonk:

I think my favorite one was "So you basically bought a rental car."

Sponsored

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Had a couple this week.

First I was sitting at a light and there was a large truck next to me, one of those bank trucks or maybe just a transfer truck of some kind, and I happened to look up. The guy in the truck was looking out bobbing his head around trying to look at/in my car. Not really a comment, but close enough.

The other was yesterday on the way home. I pulled up to a stop light and my windows were down. A can pulls up next to me and then I hear the guy calling me, saying "hey man" or something. So I look over and he said something about swapping cars, he'd let me have the cab for free. Next light we are next to each other again and he says something about telling his cab company he'd tell them he was just feeling so good he gave it away.

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
Had a dude yesterday in a truck stopped at a red light, in front of me, roll down his window and take a picture

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
My car has been mistaken for a Bentley GT twice, and a BMW 6 series once......all 3 times getting complimented when I advised what it was. lol

One of the Bentley times was some ditzo girl, she seemed real flirty till she found out it was a stang lolol

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Ouch.......
Think that's an ouch?
I raise you on that. My woman knows how bad I'd like a 2015 GT and how much I love the noise they make. She also likes to grind my gears about cars any chance she gets lol
So anytime were out n about and we hear a nice 2015 GT pass by, usually a loud one with exhaust that sounds amazing, I then hear usually two things:
"Wow, not gonna lie, that one sounds pretty good!" then cue her smug face :brokenheart: :headbonk:
My other favorites are: "Woo, that sounds nice!" and "So that's what you want, huh?!" This is an ongoing thing...
All I can say is God help her the day I get a new GT (hopefully soon) and whatever exhaust system I desire!!!
Sponsored