Best Way to Accurately Read Boost?

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I’m just trying to confirm how much boost I’m making, and I’d like a boost gauge. I have an nGauge, but I’ve read the boost box isn’t very accurate. Is a mechanical gauge the way to go? What are you guys using to read boost?
Sponsored

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
I'm currently using a mechanical autometer 2616. Seems very accurate.

OP
OP
PilotGuy

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm currently using a mechanical autometer 2616. Seems very accurate.
How do you have it mounted? Is it just a line running from the gauge to the vacuum block to install it?

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Get a mechanical gauge and put the phone on it with a suction cup phone holder on it and do a pull
also what I do. There’s no way in hell to watch it whille doing a pull. To much going on like trying to keep the car in a straight line and making sure I’m not going way over 100mph, but yeah mechanical gauge also.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Mechanical gauges can vary in accuracy. Trying to watch it is not reliable while peddling and shifting. Recoding with phone is better but still doesn’t give you real accurate data.

Best solution is to get a system that can be data logged using an electronic MAP sensor. I use Zeitronix ZT-2 which can be read through and NGauge and data logged.

https://www.zeitronix.com/installation/mapinstallation.shtml

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
Mechanical gauges can vary in accuracy. Trying to watch it is not reliable while peddling and shifting. Recoding with phone is better but still doesn’t give you real accurate data.

Best solution is to get a system that can be data logged using an electronic MAP sensor. I use Zeitronix ZT-2 which can be read through and NGauge and data logged.

https://www.zeitronix.com/installation/mapinstallation.shtml

^^This^^ I have the Innovate equivalent. https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXD.php#3851

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Hey guys, I’m just trying to confirm how much boost I’m making, and I’d like a boost gauge. I have an nGauge, but I’ve read the boost box isn’t very accurate. Is a mechanical gauge the way to go? What are you guys using to read boost?
The original Boost+ box that Lund had was not very accurate. The revised one that they have been selling for the last few years is accurate. I have been on different dynos a few times with calibrated gauges and my boost + is nuts on with the dyno reading.

Sponsored

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
If it's a turbo, off the compressor housing. You also need to decide if you want to see what the engine is seeing or what the unit is producing .

ReapSow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 and 1996 Cobra
I run a map off my vac log now. The boost box omega was accurate once calibrated. I didn't care for how it read as voltage on the ngauge as an analog input, definitely not something you could monitor while doing a pull but easy to log.
Sponsored