W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
so ... I am just giving the Mustang a little clean down at the end of the day - before she is put to bed for the night in her bedroom (garage):cwl:

next door neighbour has "guests" round for dinner and they walk out to say goodbye etc - they were talking about cars as they approached the guests car and clearly hadnt seen me as I was on the other side of the Mustang cleaning a wheel.

"Just look at that shitheap", said the guest - "did you know they are built on Mondeo chassis and are really only 1.5L or at best 2.0L engines?"

"no" - said my neighbour

"oh yes - and they only have 2 seats - the body is too big for the chassis so they are really slow and handle like pigs"

"What about the 5.0 on the side?" said my neighbour

"its a Mustang 5 - the fifth generation Mustang - but made in Dagenham in this case - on a Mondeo chassis" he repeated

"oh" said my neighbour

At that point I stood up

..." its a 5 litre V8 with very little to do with a Mondeo and built in the USA" says I

Neighbour turns away in embarrassment - his "guest" tells me I know nothing about cars!!

then he left - in his Honda Jazz

Neighbour apologised - I simply laughed out loud!!

Classic! :clap:

Bob
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard shit like "The v8 makes 500 horse power doesn't it?". And "it can't do corners". along with fucker neighbour yelling shit like "IVE DRIVEN MUCH FASTER CARS THAN THIS"

But fuck me i've never heard that stupidity, sounds like he's downplaying your car through jealousy.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
where abouts in auckley next time same visitors are over i'll come down and do a dirty great big burnout cover their jazz in rubber :)

also loud enough to wake the dead see how he feels about a mondeo

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Amazing. Thats a hard one to beat!

Love to know where people like that get their info

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
where abouts in auckley next time same visitors are over i'll come down and do a dirty great big burnout cover their jazz in rubber :)

Fucking hell two mondeos in one place? It's worse than a Ford meet/show :O!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I had the following experience a couple of years back in the suburbs of Sydney which still makes me chuckle.

Compliments/comments/neck twisters about Aussie Mustangs

Had this hipster Benji Madden look-alike pull up next to me in a VF SS Commodore ute a couple of nights back at a set of traffic lights and motion for me to wind down the window.

The conversation went like this:

BENJI: "Hey man! Nice car."

ME: "Thanks mate."

BENJI: "Can I ask you just one question?"

ME: "Sure."

BENJI: "DO THEY MAKE THEM FOR MEN?".

....before he broke into a hideous laugh and roared off!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase

Ha ha! - I very much doubt that the "guest" will be appearing around here in the near future (my neighbour was mortified!) - but I appreciate the kind offer!

Isn't it strange - he was clearly showing off / bullshitting - and just couldn't back down to save face

(mmm... maybe I should get a real drivers car - a Honda Jazz? then I can really talk "cars" :wink:)

what a total dork!

I am still smiling about it now! :cwl:

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Envious people are everywhere, somebody told me they'd been researching Mustangs but they have loads of problems then spent the next 5 minutes telling me what he'd read on the internet which you can find on every manufacturer no matter what the surveys say because the 5% who have problems are very vocal while the 95% who don't aren't