Sponsored

Best header fitment, and the option to order catless pipes.

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
So with stuff going on sale this weekend, I'm looking to pick up a set of headers. I'm mainly looking for the best fitment and will also bolt up to my Corsa Extremes without any fabrication, and the option to order a catless connection in the future when I add a supercharger.

From what I've found, Kooks and LTH are the only companies that sell a catted and a catless set anymore, with the option to buy the connection pipes separately. Are there any other options, or are these the only 2 companies that still sell catless headers?

Looks like Kooks no longer sells catless sets anymore, just the connection pipes you can buy separately. Had this old link saved when I was looking and now it just goes to a dead end.
https://kooksheaders.com/headers/he...atted-connection-kit-2015-2020-mustang-gt-50l
Sponsored

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
No one sells catless pipes anymore after the EPA crackdown. If you really want to go catless get a set of headers with cats and after you install them see if a local muffler shop will make you a set of "test pipes" or you can just hollow out the cats and put the gutted shells back on.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2
No one sells catless pipes anymore after the EPA crackdown. If you really want to go catless get a set of headers with cats and after you install them see if a local muffler shop will make you a set of "test pipes" or you can just hollow out the cats and put the gutted shells back on.
False

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Stainless Works/Power have cats that can easily be removed, and the cats can be swapped back and forth with the "transition" sections

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/sm15h3catlg/

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/tt3311/
Looks like they just clamp between the headers and connection pipe.
There's still a set available, but LTH it looks like is the only brand now. Might change if I try and order them though.

Last edited:

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Looks like they just clamp between the hea
Yes, they just use a female to male sleeve fit, and clamps. Look at the kooks for example. You have to replace the entire section that has the cat in it, which also has the flange and "ball and socket" type fitment.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just buy the stainless power set and gut the cats. Then from the outside it looks like you have cats.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Just buy the stainless power set and gut the cats. Then from the outside it looks like you have cats.
Might be the plan. I originally wanted to go with Stainless Power because they were affordable, and I've read the fit well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered everything. McLeod RST with new throwout bearing, braided line, Stainless Power 1 7/8" catted headers, MGW X-Spec shifter with the flatstick, MMR IMRC lockout plates, MMR block/bellhouse brace, and boundry oil pump gears/housing and crank sprocket.

Clutch, shifter, headers and the bellhouse brace will be installed in fall. Oil pump gears and the lockouts will get done next year before the ESS G3.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered everything. McLeod RST with new throwout bearing, braided line, Stainless Power 1 7/8" catted headers, MGW X-Spec shifter with the flatstick, MMR IMRC lockout plates, MMR block/bellhouse brace, and boundry oil pump gears/housing and crank sprocket.

Clutch, shifter, headers and the bellhouse brace will be installed in fall. Oil pump gears and the lockouts will get done next year before the ESS G3.
Get ready for some eardrum busting volume. Long tubes with that Corsa extreme cat back are gonna be Loud AF.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Get ready for some eardrum busting volume. Long tubes with that Corsa extreme cat back are gonna be Loud AF.
That's the plan. My hearing is already degraded anyway.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
That's the plan. My hearing is already degraded anyway.
getcha an E85 tune from Wengerd as well, and make use of those long tubes.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just an FYI, both companies are greater Cleveland based, stainless works is in Streetsboro Ohio about halfway between Cle and Akron, and Corsa is in Berea Ohio, a west side burb of Cle and about 10 minutes from my house. Also Ultimate headers, started by the former founder of corsa, is about a mile down the street from corsa.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
getcha an E85 tune from Wengerd as well, and make use of those long tubes.
That's who I'm planning on, just not until I order a ESS G3. Just going to leave it untuned until then. E85, probably not. 35-40 mile round trip is the closest station to me.
Sponsored