Best Exhasut for Crackle on decel or down shift

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I have the 3” Solo Performance cat back with FP Stage 2 tune and it has all the noise you are looking for and it’s comfortable to cruise in.@
Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
If you can please post a video
Next time I go out (it’s raining pretty good right now) I will record something with windows up and down. Windows down might suck because of the wind and I am using a phone.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
My FRPP quad exhaust is enough for anyone. Can't beat it.

OP
OP
HopGoblin55

HopGoblin55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green Mach 1 Elite + HP
I can't find one for the Mach 1 especially 1 that allows me to keep my active exhaust unfortunately

Sponsored

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
GT350 here, I have the resonator delete and in sport mode for the exhaust I get plenty of crackles and pops on decel.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My Bullitt has plenty of "crackle & pop" with a Steeda X pipe and tune...and I love it in Track.
The Bullitt has a burble tune that I think is unique to it, and no other Mustang. Pretty sure I've seen screenshots of it tuning discussions.
I have the instructions of how to set up the Bullitt burbles for the GT, I can post them tomorrow if it’s useful to this thread ?

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That would be great.
Here you go :

"There is an additional drive mode feature that can be enabled in the tune, and it’s the Bullitt burbles.

If enabled they will be activated in all modes except Normal.

Instructions for HP tuners :

First change these settings under "engine>fuel>Cutoff, DFCO" to the values shown below :

1707381874081.png

Then populate the Target TR (Sport) table as shown :

1707381890820.png

Then populate the Duration table as shown :

1707381903970.png

This is copied directly from the Bullitt mustang so I have confidence in its safety for long term use. I've been running it for a while now. You can mess with the Duration and Target TR (...) tables to make it happen more aggressively or for longer but I found that the stock values are very good not obnoxious and easy to control. I think if you copy the Target TR (Sport) to Target TR (Normal) then it will burble in normal mode too but I haven't tried it so it may work or it may not. I also prefer having a mode without burbles.

Also I do not know if this works on pre-2018 models, it is my understanding that this logic was designed specifically for the Bullitt mustang so it may not be present on operating systems prior to that car's introduction.

Here is the result with the Active Exhaust wide open :

Have fun! You can also ask your tuner to enable this for you as well"

Note that I can't take credit for that, neither can I vouch for its accuracy or effectiveness - I just stored the info for future, and luckily I also saved the link to where it came from :like:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/drive-modes-on-a-manual-transmission-car.186080/

WD :like:

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The Steeda H pipe/resinator delete gave me plenty of crackles and pops on downshifts. I hated it and took it off lol. It also rendered the AE modes almost useless.

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't find one for the Mach 1 especially 1 that allows me to keep my active exhaust unfortunately
That's definitely not true. There's one model of the system, and it just replaces the mid pipe with an X, plus the added side exit exhaust. Perhaps you're thinking I'm referring to the rear exit exhaust.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5220-M8

1707658808668.png

Look at my post history for pics and video if you want.

OP
OP
HopGoblin55

HopGoblin55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
That sounds amazing, do you have any videos outside the car?
That's definitely not true. There's one model of the system, and it just replaces the mid pipe with an X, plus the added side exit exhaust. Perhaps you're thinking I'm referring to the rear exit exhaust.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5220-M8

1707658808668.png

Look at my post history for pics and video if you want.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
If you have Active Exhaust, delete the resonator, install an H or X-pipe and drive around in Track Mode. That's literally all you have to do. You don't need a tune or any fancy exhaust set up. You will hear LOTS of burbles on deceleration.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds amazing, do you have any videos outside the car?
I've uploaded the only two that I have. I guess I need to get better about it and get some more seeing that I think I'm the only one with the system installed.

OP
OP
HopGoblin55

HopGoblin55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
I've uploaded the only two that I have. I guess I need to get better about it and get some more seeing that I think I'm the only one with the system installed.

Did you keep the stock exhaust tips?
Sponsored