Sponsored

Best drain container for all maintenance services!

Which would be the less messiest?

• Total voters

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’ve used this type for oil changes for over 20 years now...
1618810678102.jpeg

I have 5 gallon buckets with lids. Dump pan into bucket, once close to 5 gals, then take bucket to Advance Auto for them to recycle.

As for cleaning the pan, I use carb cleaner. As for the opening on the spout, I put a rubber stopper used for furniture on the end of it.

:)
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not that good to use an open catch can... like that.

Prefer a closed system, drain, cap and deliver. Think I have had 1 -2 maybe a whole 3 no spill oil changes. By no spill that includes drips from the filter or plug.

Simple green always near by. :champagne:

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I’ve used this type for oil changes for over 20 years now...
1618810678102.jpeg

I have 5 gallon buckets with lids. Dump pan into bucket, once close to 5 gals, then take bucket to Advance Auto for them to recycle.

As for cleaning the pan, I use carb cleaner. As for the opening on the spout, I put a rubber stopper used for furniture on the end of it.

:)
I believe this is the winner after some further thinking. Although the others are more compact this seems to be the best option for a splash free & no mess up solution. You just purchase a 5 dollar 5 gallon bucket with lid from Home Depot and Advance Auto accepts the bucket with oil and you just walk away? They keep the bucket and oil, right? When it's time again, you purchase another 5 gallon bucket with lid?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I believe this is the winner after some further thinking. Although the others are more compact this seems to be the best option for a splash free & no mess up solution. You just purchase a 5 dollar 5 gallon bucket with lid from Home Depot and Advance Auto accepts the bucket with oil and you just walk away? They keep the bucket and oil, right? When it's time again, you purchase another 5 gallon bucket with lid?
Yes any such 5-gal bucket will work, as long as it only contains oil and no other contaminants. My local Advance Auto will either take the 5gal bucket or they will ask if I want the bucket back. They will pour the contents into their oil receptacle. I usually just ask for the bucket back, this way I'm not having to buy buckets.

I'm not sure if AutoZone, NAPA, PepBoys, O'Reilly's or other such stores do oil recycling - you can probably call the ones in your area and ask.
Sponsored