Sponsored

Best daily driver super charger + tune?

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Whipple, hands down. Not only for the PD blower design, but the easier install than a TVS with no cutting or modifying the K brace, timing cover, and block. Whipple also has VERY good tuning out of the box that works with the Ford Racing Operating System on your ECU. It's very nice stuff.

Yes, I sound like a fanboi. I've installed and tuned Whipple, TVS, and Procharger. Whipple is my choice for a DD street car. Smooth driving and tune safety.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Say that when you have 750hp... you’ll bump it every once in awhile.
Lol yep! 700+ rwhp and street tires will guarantee you bouncing off the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd if you're not super fast with the shifts...

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking through almost the same needs as the OP. Whipple PD or Vortech/PC Centri? Total street, yes even daily driver, Costco 91 octane here in so-Cal. Leaning toward a 10-spd auto with 3.55 gearing. Leaning centri but I know there are many Whipple fans. Does it not make a lot of sense with automatic and 3.55 gearing for street driving to go centri? Do the centris really run cooler? Really hoping for some "objective" input here :-) TIA

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Thinking through almost the same needs as the OP. Whipple PD or Vortech/PC Centri? Total street, yes even daily driver, Costco 91 octane here in so-Cal. Leaning toward a 10-spd auto with 3.55 gearing. Leaning centri but I know there are many Whipple fans. Does it not make a lot of sense with automatic and 3.55 gearing for street driving to go centri? Do the centris really run cooler? Really hoping for some "objective" input here :-) TIA
Yes. I have a centri with 3.55s and 6r80. Pretty fun.

Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You need to stay away from Costco gas. I know it’s top tier. But put an ngage or sct and watch your knock go crazy with Costco. I’ll never use Costco 93 or 91 in a blower. Glad I bought an sct device to log. +2 to + 3 knock both times I filled up with Costco in crusin or WOT situation. Put in shell V power 93 or BP 93 and bam -2 to -5 knock screw Costco has but it’s your car. I’ll do put it in my fusion for daily driving though lol

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Stopped at the shop I plan on having the install done. Still nervous a supercharger will make the car to impractical for how I use it. Should end up with 575 hp on rear wheels, how would the car be if caught in a heavy downpour, or cold wet pavement?
Does the four engine modes still function with a SC tune?
Is it a good idea to carry octane booster when traveling?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Stopped at the shop I plan on having the install done. Still nervous a supercharger will make the car to impractical for how I use it. Should end up with 575 hp on rear wheels, how would the car be if caught in a heavy downpour, or cold wet pavement?
the car will drive normal with a blower unless you have drag radials on. Just because it has a blower on doesnt mean the pedal to go WOT on its own when it sees rain. A 575whp coyote will drive just fine on 93, no need to carry octane booster. Yes, modes still work.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
any kit can get you there, really comes down to budget and driving style, feel free to give me a ring and we can help you make the right decision for your goals.

beef
513-478-1965

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I started my blower install on a Friday. Was done Sunday afternoon. Took Monday off to tune it, wife took it to work Tuesday.

She drives it more than me, never has a problem. I've even turned up the wick and she loves it. I do have good tires on the car (305/35/20 conti ECS) and she will use rain mode when she gets caught.

At that power level the car can subtract enough timing to keep it safe in the case of moderately bad gas. For me I just don't beat on the car unless I know I have good gas.

All functions of the car are normal.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I agree with the above, adding a supercharger doesn't make the car any more dangerous in the rain if you are careful with the gas pedal. Hell, I drove my Whipple car through the winter last year with snow tires and made it through several snow storms just fine. Keeping traction control on will keep a tight leash on the tire spin.