Sponsored

Best daily driver super charger + tune?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
All I want is realiblble 650 rwhp + to the wheels so I can run 10's on pump gas with a conservited tune and I don't have to worry about "BAD" gas. Im not looking to go 9's because I drive my car a lot and don't wan't to turn it into a strip only car. Plus I'd like to keep my mt-82. Right now the car is awesome but could due for some more HP! Check out my build to see what mods have been done. So who has the best set up for a daily 91 Oct set up? I'll run 93 but would like a little room for error.
Sponsored

Last edited:

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I’ve been 10.2 on whipples stage 2 tune with a smaller pulley and better gas. On the stock pulley, on stock 235’s, with the mt82, i’ve been 10.8... Gets 20-22mpg, and i drive it around 550 miles a week.. I am a fan.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Had a Vmp Gen 2 and a Whipple Gen 3 now. Both have been good to me. I drive about 40 miles a day

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whipples definetly seem to have good reputation. Did you guys do sprocket and opg?

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Most people will tell you a PD blower will be the way to go for a DD. If you have a bit of light to light, stop and go, I would agree. If it's all highway and country roads any of them are great with a good tune.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
For safety and reliability you can't beat the Whipple calibration. Flight controls allows you to turn on even more safety feature than is already built in like octane adjust which will pull more timing if any knock is detected than the already protective cal does. Also have CHT limiting that will pull power and timing if head temps get high. Overload limiting, and injector duty cycle limiting will also close throttle if it senses fuel limit. This can also be turned off in a second by the user with the software for more power.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
For a stick car and DD duties I'd go PD blower every time. Love my Whipple setup it makes 725rwhp with full exhaust and Whipple tune. VMP makes great kits too. Check them both out and decide what looks and works best for you!

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why wouldn’t you if you are going to race it?
I probably will to be on the safe side. I talked with a lot of people who didn't and haven't had any issues. Sounds like hitting rev limiter or 2 step causes most failures and I'm not hitting/using either.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
A few tuners have suggested that most of the OPG failures happen on cars that bang off the rev limiter and those who swapped out their damper... How long before your gears went did you change the damper?
No rev limiter banging, but I had changed the damper which at the time was thought to help protect the stock OPG. I've heard as well that sticking with stock damper with stock OPG is best. Once you go to billet OPG & TG then it's safe to run after market dampers. I remain one of the very few OPG failures on this forum and maybe the only whipple car.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I had billet OPG's and CG installed for piece of mind. Most likely you wont have an issue, but I'd rather spend a little now and not have to worry!