Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Wait...that looks like leather surround with a microfiber inset? AKA Alcantara.

So the Tech pack seat is designed to look like the premium trim seating with a dash of the performance recaro's thrown into it to keep our butt planted in the middle. Very cool thinking on the part of the designers.

Subtle touches like this is what makes things that much nicer to experience in the real world.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Pretty much yeh. The seat centers and door cards look to be Alcantara. The rest looks nearly similar to a GT.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Still wish the Tech pack had leather Recaros. Maybe it'll come for MY 2017.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I like the Tech pack seats. They look upscale yet still sporty. Cloth seats just don't hold up well over the long run. I ordered my GT 350 with the Tech pack. I will definately use the heated and cooled seats.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I prefer the Alcantara inserts as opposed to a full leather seat.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
FYI, there are better pics of the seats here on these forums. I'm sure you can find them with a little effort. :)

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I think in the long term the Tech pack seats will offer a better driving experience for a daily driven car. More so now that I know the Alcantara inset was cleverly added. The bolstering is already good on those seats as clearly shown.... So the added micro fiber cloth insets make it better for track and daily duty. Smart move. brilliant thinking on the part of Ford.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think in the long term the Tech pack seats will offer a better driving experience for a daily driven car. More so now that I know the Alcantara inset was cleverly added. The bolstering is already good on those seats as clearly shown.... So the added micro fiber cloth insets make it better for track and daily duty. Smart move. brilliant thinking on the part of Ford.
Im not sure...this is a pretty standard practice..used by ford in the past as well as many other car makers

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
^Well, with my premium the all leather will have my ass sliding in a hard apex unless I'm wearing shorts or spray some fixative on the seat before a run, so unless the centers are either leather suede or alcantara insets there is no permanent fix. I really don't mind the Recaro's but without the adjustability nor the feel of leather its just not going to fly for me. Or my spouse riding shotgun. Or if....some passenger drops a drink in my car. WHAT! Get out of my car!

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
^Well, with my premium the all leather will have my ass sliding in a hard apex unless I'm wearing shorts or spray some fixative on the seat before a run, so unless the centers are either leather suede or alcantara insets there is no permanent fix. I really don't mind the Recaro's but without the adjustability nor the feel of leather its just not going to fly for me. Or my spouse riding shotgun. Or if....some passenger drops a drink in my car. WHAT! Get out of my car!
The inset is alcantara. It's leather on the outside.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
At first, I thought they were identical to the new 2016 GT/CS seats...

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/11...g-california-special-convertible-interior.jpg

But after looking at both pictures, it's clear the GT350 seats have larger bolsters (from what it looks like in pictures, anyway) and the Alcantara actually extends wider on to said bolsters.

EDIT: I know it won't happen...but the red stitching on the GT/CS would look REAL good on the GT350...

Last edited:

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
I had the oppurtunity to sit in them this past weekend, they are ok, but I like my Recaros better!!!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I had the oppurtunity to sit in them this past weekend, they are ok, but I like my Recaros better!!!
I agree. To me the Recaros are better in both aesthetics and function... especially even more for the track. :thumbsup:
Sponsored