Sponsored

Bench bleeding throwout bearing trouble

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Having issues not being able to get my trans to shift gears properly. I just installed a mantic cerametalic clutch and reinstalled trans and bled the pedal. Took awhile and the pedal felt good. Went for a drive and noticed it was hard to get the car into gear, like from neutral to first and from 3rd or 4th coming up to a light I couldn't get the car out of gear. Pedal feels strong. I looked Into it and I feel like I might have some air in the throwout bearing and I've read I should grease the shift splines while I have it apart.

Tldr ; I went to bench bleed my throwout bearing and after maybe 6 pumps into a full cup of clean brake fluid the bearing stopped pumping. Air bubbles came out for the first 4 or 5 pumps so I kept going and now the bearing doesn't move any fluid. I had an extra used tob laying around and went to bleed it and after 5 or 6 pumps of being submerged it did the same thing and quit pumping anything. Feels like it's just air inside. I've watched a few YouTube videos and I did the same thing they did. I find it hard to believe 2 quit working at the same time. One of had 12k miles on it. Wtf ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Update : I kept trying and then the tob spit out a bunch of air and then felt normal. I kept pumping another 20 times till I was sure no more air was trapped. Thanks anyways

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Don't think it is ment to be bench bled, that is for a MC .

Here is Fords how too
Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 6.54.46 PM.png

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Update : pulled the trans and did 2 things. I used a little high temp grease on the input shaft of the trans (found someone who did this and fixed there issue on a Google search, figured couldn't hurt) and I bench bled the tob again, there was a good amount of air in it. The pedal got firm very quickly when I had it all put together and was working the pedal. I went for a good 20 mile drive and all the problems I was having are gone. Drives amazing, feels like stock but there is a little noise from the trans I'm assuming it's normal for breaking in the mantic, I've heard the get quieter when they are broken in.
Sponsored