Sponsored

Throwout Bearing Question/Warranty?

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A month or two ago I posted a thread about potentially having fried my clutch. Don't think that happened, but I do think it's related to a separate issue. I have been driving the car since then and haven't had any adverse issues with the clutch.

What I am experiencing is this: at idle, foot off the clutch if you blip the throttle there's a rattle/grinding noise coming from the trans tunnel. About 25% of the time, if I am sitting at a light and go to engage first, it's very notchy and sometimes I need to depress the clutch again and push back into first. Occasionally, I get a noticeable "nib" going into 2nd gear, like almost it trying to kick out of gear but it always goes in.

I noticed tonight if I have the clutch engaged (in neutral), and let the clutch out quickly I get the same rattle/grinding and like something is moving around (like a throwout bearing rattle).

I have 35k on the car, it's a 2016 so it's out of the factory powertrain. However, I bought it as a CPO car with the ESP for 7 year/100k. Has anyone dealt with a TOB replacement with the ESP, or know if that's a covered part? I know the clutch is not considered a warranty item, but I don't think that's my issue.
Sponsored