Sponsored

Beginning to think I don't know how to drive a mustang...

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Most of the videos I see tend to be aggressive overcorrection. They all seem to play out nearly the same way.

The A10 transmission will downshift much faster and more aggressively than most drivers are used to and can catch you by surprise. With a manual it takes some effort.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Over correction & on the brakes hard. Every fucking time. Then the 'why didn't the ABS kick in' Well pansy, ABS don't work when your sliding sideways. Or my fave is when the saw the steering wheel left and right, advancetrac kicks in (cause they didn't turn it off) and boom hard left they go.

judg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am amazed at how easy my 5.0 6-speed breaks loose with full traction control on. I have several 90 degree back road curves on my way into town and on any one of them I can blip the throttle and the ass end swings out. If I didn't let off it would swing too far and I have never felt traction control.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I think the PS4s keep the car magically connected to pavement

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I suspect that the OP is not turning off the traction control like he thinks he is.

Also, these kids coming out of a cars & coffee are driving a car that's been sitting for a few hours, and the tires are stone cold. It's no wonder they lose traction.

I'm a little conservative here, but I think that anyone that routinely drives on the street with their traction and stability systems turned off is being foolish. No way you can react better in an emergency situation than the computer can.

Flame suit on.
Well I guess I'm foolish (my car's low end feels like poo when I leave everything on) but I agree with not everything being turned off.

With traction control off my rear end won't swing out. I have to turn off advanced traction control for that to happen, and boy does it happen. If my tires aren't warmed up I can pretty much forget about keeping traction after 4k rpms in first and second. The a10 would be even worse because of the shorter gearing.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm a little conservative here, but I think that anyone that routinely drives on the street with their traction and stability systems turned off is being foolish.

Flame suit on.
So is it being foolish to drive a car that never came with these systems on the street, or drive a car whose versions of same weren't particularly effective? If not, how would turning AdvanceTrac off in an S550 be any different?

No way you can react better in an emergency situation than the computer can.
Be a little careful here. As long as you can avoid most such situations ever getting to the panic stage, and can successfully cope with the ones that get close, the computer being better/faster doesn't buy you a better outcome than "no incident". I'm saying this with some basis in actual experience.

No flame intended.

Norm

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I suspect that the OP is not turning off the traction control like he thinks he is.

Also, these kids coming out of a cars & coffee are driving a car that's been sitting for a few hours, and the tires are stone cold. It's no wonder they lose traction.

I'm a little conservative here, but I think that anyone that routinely drives on the street with their traction and stability systems turned off is being foolish. No way you can react better in an emergency situation than the computer can.

Flame suit on.
holding the button up 10 plus seconds till screen says it is fully off.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is relying on advancetrac to save their arse.. think again.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
well it seems if any of you are in my area you are more then welcome to drive my car and show me how its done :) several of you have said what I have heard others say i can blip the throttle or i get above (fill in rpm) and my car breaks loose.... I do all these things and nada. Like i said i can have the trans in sport, the mode in drag, traction control switch held up until it says its fully off on my screen, IM tuned, on a long flat straight away and I can nail it pedal to the floor .. i take of like hell and can out run most anything local but I dont loose traction I hardly screech a tire. I have gone to empty parking lots same set up hit the gas cut the wheel nope... I just go in a fast circle. IM over here trying like hell and cant thats why I find it so confusing how these people leave a gas station and are in a tree. yall that say you can very easily lose traction ..do you have a super chargers or what not anything above oem? and im serious if you are in my area please stop by and show me. also how many of you have a 18-19 gt maybe the year makes a difference. and im sure the trans does since im auto also my rear tires are out wider then my front and i have the front lowered but not the back... that might make a difference. We have a drifting school near here Im thinking of going so they can show me LOL

I dont know if Im more curious as to why I cant or to why they can. LOL at end of day Im glad my car is so stable but just makes me curious how they end up that way not trying and I cant rtrying. :)

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
holding the button up 10 plus seconds till screen says it is fully off.
It flashes advanced trac off? That's definitely it.... without driving your car I can't say but it does seem off, my dude. You were saying you didn't notice any difference with the power pack, too. Even if you're a prodigy of a driver that wouldn't stop the car from physically performing a cerain way. I will agree that the car is very predictable and easy to control but getting the back end out isn't difficult.

With my tires warm it won't cut loose from a dig but as long as I keep it down I will break traction once I hit peak torque. Very easy correction but it happens consistently.

Someone else with an a10 mentioned the same. I wonder if there's just a bit more torque modulation with the automatics that us 6 speeders don't have that goes with that "special" 1/4 tuning Ford does.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It flashes advanced trac off? That's definitely it.... without driving your car I can't say but it does seem off, my dude. You were saying you didn't notice any difference with the power pack, too. Even if you're a prodigy of a driver that wouldn't stop the car from physically performing a cerain way. I will agree that the car is very predictable and easy to control but getting the back end out isn't difficult.

With my tires warm it won't cut loose from a dig but as long as I keep it down I will break traction once I hit peak torque. Very easy correction but it happens consistently.

Someone else with an a10 mentioned the same. I wonder if there's just a bit more torque modulation with the automatics that us 6 speeders don't have that goes with that "special" 1/4 tuning Ford does.
See im thinking its the transmission. most people who say they break traction all seem to have manuals.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
well it seems if any of you are in my area you are more then welcome to drive my car and show me how its done :) several of you have said what I have heard others say i can blip the throttle or i get above (fill in rpm) and my car breaks loose.... I do all these things and nada. Like i said i can have the trans in sport, the mode in drag, traction control switch held up until it says its fully off on my screen, IM tuned, on a long flat straight away and I can nail it pedal to the floor .. i take of like hell and can out run most anything local but I dont loose traction I hardly screech a tire. I have gone to empty parking lots same set up hit the gas cut the wheel nope... I just go in a fast circle. IM over here trying like hell and cant thats why I find it so confusing how these people leave a gas station and are in a tree. yall that say you can very easily lose traction ..do you have a super chargers or what not anything above oem? and im serious if you are in my area please stop by and show me. also how many of you have a 18-19 gt maybe the year makes a difference. and im sure the trans does since im auto also my rear tires are out wider then my front and i have the front lowered but not the back... that might make a difference. We have a drifting school near here Im thinking of going so they can show me LOL
19 manual trans here and of course I can rev and pop the clutch and spin the tires but if I'm creeping at like 3mph and floor it, the car just flies off without tire spin. Shift hard at 7300ish rpm into 2nd and the ass end digs to the earths crust for all the traction. I'm completely sold on these Michelins we have on PP1 cars. Even in the rain I can floor it in 2nd without much tire spin. Also only like 2k miles on the tires.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hell for fun here is my car . It looks bad ass even if it cant spin a tire LOL done some upgrading since my profile pic
20200820_222939.jpg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
19 manual trans here and of course I can rev and pop the clutch and spin the tires but if I'm creeping at like 3mph and floor it, the car just flies off without tire spin. Shift hard at 7300ish rpm into 2nd and the ass end digs to the earths crust for all the traction. I'm completely sold on these Michelins we have on PP1 cars. Even in the rain I can floor it in 2nd without much tire spin. Also only like 2k miles on the tires.
Yeah that is what my buddy uses. he loves them. I have the firehawks and they aint no slouch . They have about the same grip for half the cost.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Hell for fun here is my car . It looks bad ass even if it cant spin a tire LOL done some upgrading since my profile pic
20200820_222939.jpg
I like the stance! What size rear tire? All other things being equal, I'd have to agree that it's the transmission. We both have the same power pack, too. It's the only thing that comes to mind. Ford has a bit more flexibility with software and the torque converter with the auto. A manual just has a clutch sitting between the engine and go time.

Thinking about it, it does make sense. Being a 10 speed and having such short underdrive gears, if there wasn't any torque modulation the car would be all over the place.
Sponsored