Sponsored

Baytown

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, doing it all at once and then aligning it is the way I did it. Just let us know when you get the stuff and are ready to do it.
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I’m at the Cookoff all three days. Txt when here. I’ll give u my tent info.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Yeah, doing it all at once and then aligning it is the way I did it. Just let us know when you get the stuff and are ready to do it.
Yes sir will do - thanks!

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m at the Cookoff all three days. Txt when here. I’ll give u my tent info.
Sounds good! I’ll holler at ya when I get down there.

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
Guess I should create a FB account although I’m not 100% set I won’t install them some day.

I don’t FB.
That group is all but dead. FB marketplace would be better, or Craiglist. I've dumped all my old G35 parts on CL and sold all of them. On a side note, I would also be more than glad to lend a hand. Plenty of tools (advantage of being old I guess)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good! I’ll holler at ya when I get down there.
I failed @Houston Kid...Sorry man!!

Friday night I didn’t go out there. We ended up going and doing some other stuff. I went out last night but didn’t get there and in until 830. And it was over at 11. Went out after and rolled in at 330 this morning lol

I’m changing my emblems and doing the sound tube delete today. When I was taking the airbox and stuff out to move the radiator back to get my hand into the bumper area I took my catch can off and checked it. A small amount of metal shavings.

I didn’t have any metal the first time I emptied it but now I’ve got some. I saved the oil in a container so I can look at it closer later to see how much is in there.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That group is all but dead. FB marketplace would be better, or Craiglist. I've dumped all my old G35 parts on CL and sold all of them. On a side note, I would also be more than glad to lend a hand. Plenty of tools (advantage of being old I guess)
Welcome to the thread here! And thank you as well!!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries. That’s not good.
I failed @Houston Kid...Sorry man!!

Friday night I didn’t go out there. We ended up going and doing some other stuff. I went out last night but didn’t get there and in until 830. And it was over at 11. Went out after and rolled in at 330 this morning lol

I’m changing my emblems and doing the sound tube delete today. When I was taking the airbox and stuff out to move the radiator back to get my hand into the bumper area I took my catch can off and checked it. A small amount of metal shavings.

I didn’t have any metal the first time I emptied it but now I’ve got some. I saved the oil in a container so I can look at it closer later to see how much is in there.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries. That’s not good.
Yeah - I am going to go to Ford tomorrow. I'll take it over to Mac Haik since that is where I took it first when the tick/knock started right after I bought it. The weird thing is that it had chilled out and wasnt noticeable. And then after my oil change a couple weeks ago it started again. It didn't look like a lot but it was there.

I'm not as worried as some are about the tick. My philosophy has been I'll run it hard because I have warranty and if it blows, it blows. I'll get a new short block. However the fact that I'd be without the car for a month would suck and be my main issue.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah - I am going to go to Ford tomorrow. I'll take it over to Mac Haik since that is where I took it first when the tick/knock started right after I bought it. The weird thing is that it had chilled out and wasnt noticeable. And then after my oil change a couple weeks ago it started again. It didn't look like a lot but it was there.

I'm not as worried as some are about the tick. My philosophy has been I'll run it hard because I have warranty and if it blows, it blows. I'll get a new short block. However the fact that I'd be without the car for a month would suck and be my main issue.
If I didn't have my car for a month I would probably start getting crazy ideas on a buyback, etc.

Wishing you the best. I guess I need to get a couple catch cans ordered!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I didn't have my car for a month I would probably start getting crazy ideas on a buyback, etc.

Wishing you the best. I guess I need to get a couple catch cans ordered!
Thanks man! Yeah I was talking to my girlfriend about a buyback last night. I'm not sure I'd push for it unless it got really messy should the motor have to get replaced. Of course I'm thinking worst case scenario here but if I did have to push for it I'd be pissed because I have put some money into this already. But I'd go 401A if I did have to go that route.

I have read about some guys getting Ford to make their payments for extended repair time in the shop. But I'll see what they say today. I may hit both Mac Haik and AutoNation (where I bought it) just to get a feel on both. But Mac Haik is where I took it originally when I first had the tick/knock.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welp I got the “that’s normal” reaction again from the lead tech/shop foreman at Mac Haik.

You could see some of the flakes in the container I have the oil in but not much unless I shook it up like a snow globe and had my flashlight on it.

I took off the catch can again (no oil in it since I dumped it Sunday) to show them some of the flakes in there that you could still see.

The car wasn’t making the obnoxious knocking noise just the “normal” tick. The nonplussed foreman said it is normal. He said to me “just keep driving it and if it blows bring it in”

I know that if it was something horribly wrong with the internals the knock would be all the time and not intermittent.

I asked that they change the oil again while I was there so we could all see if there was shavings in the oil and filter. They didn’t seem to want to do it.

He said some metal in the oil is normal. Oh. Ok. He also said that tons of us have the same issue with metal/tick/knock after the first oil change and that I’ll prob see it for awhile.

I told them I’ll just keep driving it and if it blows, it blows. Which has pretty much been my mentality but I wanted it all documented in case it does blow.

So...I’m going to hammer the car like I’ve been doing. The springs, alignment kit and some other goodies showed up today. Just need the cradle lockout and bearing kit to show up whenever they’re off back order. I was going to order the subframe brace kit too but BMR said they’re like 3-4wks our on that so I’ll wait on that.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck man. Just beat on it and enjoy.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man! That’s what I’m gonna do. Get this suspension stuff on and then hit Baytown and let er rip.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know when you plan on wrenching.
Sponsored