OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
You were cookin’ tonight! Congrats on the runs. Even the one where you smoked me :cwl:

My best was the 13.44 at 111

BMR/Steeda here I come. It’s pointless for me to keep trying to run without stiffening up that suspension. I have to get out of the 2.xx sixty foot times.

Whether I granny it, Launch at 1500-2000 or even tonight at 3000 I’m either bogging down or spinning/hopping or all three.

I was hopeful after last weeks 13.1 that I’d have a shot at the 12.90’s tonight.

It was cool talking with everyone though. That kid with the base 18 that we talked to? He was 17. That was fun listening to how excited he was to have his first Mustang.

Tomorrow I’ll clean it up and I’m getting the lights tinted.
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
It’s amazing how much you can improve the performance of these cars with a few bolt on parts. Steeda Stop the Hop Kit is worth every penny. Zero hop last night. Definitely time to mod.

That kid was pretty dang excited. The bug has bitten him.

I was hoping to get in the 11s. 11.679 I’m super happy with.

Now I’m thinking low 11s or 10s? Hmmm. Lol. It never ends.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I threw myself a curveball and went with BMR on the suspension stuff. After years of Steeda and even up until last weekend thinking I was going that way I talked to several guys who were running BMR set-ups so I took a shot. Worst case is I don't like it and take it off and sell it and go Steeda.

BK081 lower control arm bearings
CB005 cradle lock out kit
TCA048 vertical links
SP080 lowering springs

I'm excited to get this stuff on.

Do any of you guys know of a place in the city where they rent bays with lifts by chance?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. I read about a place to rent a bay a while back. Let me see if I can find it again.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I threw myself a curveball and went with BMR on the suspension stuff. After years of Steeda and even up until last weekend thinking I was going that way I talked to several guys who were running BMR set-ups so I took a shot. Worst case is I don't like it and take it off and sell it and go Steeda.

BK081 lower control arm bearings
CB005 cradle lock out kit
TCA048 vertical links
SP080 lowering springs

I'm excited to get this stuff on.

Do any of you guys know of a place in the city where they rent bays with lifts by chance?
Steeda or BMR you pretty much can't go wrong and you should notice a good difference. Not sure on any place renting bays with lifts though.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
http://udoitautorepair.com/
Never used them. Let me know when you go. I’ll come out and help. Looks like out in the Jersey Village / Cypress area.
7260C485-D981-42E9-8AC9-50773D97B897.jpeg

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can bring some beer, would love to lend a hand and see how everything fits before turning wrenches on my car. Should I go ahead and get parts ordered before even making a pass? Sounds like launching the stock setup manuals is a PITA.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can bring some beer, would love to lend a hand and see how everything fits before turning wrenches on my car. Should I go ahead and get parts ordered before even making a pass? Sounds like launching the stock setup manuals is a PITA.
If it were me I would want a baseline. My baseline was 12.225. I’m now at a 11.679. So I’m seeing the improvements as I go.
I like beer. Lol.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If it were me I would want a baseline. My baseline was 12.225. I’m now at a 11.679. So I’m seeing the improvements as I go.
I like beer. Lol.
Not sure how much help we would be for Ghost, but between us 3 being partially sober we should be able to get her knocked out!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Espically since I’ve done all of that to my car. I used a jack and jack stands though. A lift will be so much easier. Just need to make sure it’s not a drive on lift.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys are awesome thank you for the offer! I’d def be down for a few extra hands. This will be my first time working on an s550 so I’m sure I could use you guys’ knowledge. I know they come with instructions and YouTube and the MFG install videos help but looking at the IRS components will be like reading French for me at first lol. And it’ll especially help since you’ve done the install on yours, HK.

I’ll check into the place and see about the lift. I also want to order the bump stops. The BMR rep said that I can use the Eibach ones so I’ll grab them too.

I was gonna pay to have them installed but I want to do as much to this car on my own that I can. That installation cost can be saved and go towards more parts...namely exhaust and axles. I talked to the dude at BPS Performance on Long Point and I’ll have him do my exhaust. Mainly because I want the ATAK’s to go with my h-pipe so he’s gonna fabricate that to work.

Also I got another important mod lol...the black emblem kit from UPR. Now that my lights are done and I have the black lugs the chrome badges stick out like crazy. Dropping $160 on those sucked but whatever...

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how much help we would be for Ghost, but between us 3 being partially sober we should be able to get her knocked out!
Yessir!

I agree with wanting a baseline too. That’s why I took mine out stock and despite only managing a 13.1 it helped me know where my focus on mods was going to be first.

The weather looks shitty this Friday but hopefully next week it is nicer if you’re thinking of heading out to Baytown soon.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Btw forgot to mention this in my last post...yes the launch in the stock MT-82 setup sucks.

I’ve tried leaving the line like I’m at a redlight on the street and launching between 1500-3000 and the best 60’ I cut was a 2.1.

Launch too high and you’ll bog. Granny it and you’ll go but as soon as you get into it that’s when you spin and hop.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am definitely going as soon as the weather is worth a shit. Just did the first oil change to royal purple, can’t wait to wring it out now.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am definitely going as soon as the weather is worth a shit. Just did the first oil change to royal purple, can’t wait to wring it out now.
How many miles are on there now?
Sponsored