Basic V6 oil change for a leased car?

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Hey guys,

Kind of looking for a quick answer, as I dont have my owners manual with me. What is the basic oil weight / blend for the V6 mustang? Im leasing the car, so I dont need to go full synthetic if its not required. Plan on getting an oil change on lunch break in an hour and dont want to depend on the shops info.

thanks
Sponsored

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
If its leased why bother, just top it up every 20k miles.:thumbsup:

Here's the digital owners manual.

Clicky Click

Last edited:

bootyeater69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CompOr GT MT-82
yeah. who cares on a lease. use the cheapest oil u can find. get some wally world supertec and reuse the filter. no one cares. its a lease.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Really people?

OP, see the Owner's Manual linked above if you haven't already gotten the oil changed. The info from the shop should be correct though.

Sure, the car is a lease, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't give a shit about it. There is a good chance that someone will be buying that car when you give it back to the dealer; why give a future Mustang owner problems with their "new" car?

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
^^^ you're a "Good Joe", Joe 5.0...couldn't agree with you more...and besides, the OP might fall in love with the car and want to purchase it at conclusion of lease.

Sponsored

bootyeater69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CompOr GT MT-82
I've never changed oil in a lease. its not my car. ive only topped it off. why maintain someone elses car!

Sponsored

Stunna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium CS
Heres my answer, this is why I will never buy a used car.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
...elaborate...not sure where you're going with that.
Fine print talks about "reasonable maintence" and "wear and tear"...lots of financial penalties if you don't provide maintence on the vehicle or turn car back "pitted out". Some guys have even been asked to show maintence receipts or lose their deposit. Could be a really bad "rude awakening "...trust that there are many "legal traps" in those leases.:paddle: Don't learn the hard way that you are responsible for maintence costs.:shrug::eyebulge: As I said, read the "fine
print"...the Devil is always in the details. Don't get caught.:frusty::frusty::frusty:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Fine print talks about "reasonable maintence" and "wear and tear"...lots of financial penalties if you don't provide maintence on the vehicle or turn car back "pitted out". Some guys have even been asked to show maintence receipts or lose their deposit. Could be a really bad "rude awakening "...trust that there are many "legal traps" in those leases.:paddle: Don't learn the hard way that you are responsible for maintence costs.:shrug::eyebulge: As I said, read the "fine
print"...the Devil is always in the details. Don't get caught.:frusty::frusty::frusty:
Only a complete and utter retard would do that. It's not a trap, unless you're a bonafide schmuck.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Only a complete and utter retard would do that. It's not a trap, unless you're a bonafide schmuck.
Some of the posters to this thread might sherk their obligations to do maintence
( particularly oil changes)...I'm just warning that could be costly. :paddle:

OP
OP

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
well.........i wound up having the Tire Kingdom across from my Gym do it one morning last week while I worked out. They put a synthetic blend 5W-30 in it, i believe the car comes with 5W-20. Ever since the oil change, my gas mileage has tanked 5mpg and the car feels more bogged down / sluggish
Sponsored