Sponsored

Base stereo - no sync, playing music slow

Roadsign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
2016 base (4" screen) stereo
Has been working fine. Randomly disconnected phone and will not stay connected now(syncs then disconnects). Now when playing music from usb it randomly plays some songs slow.
Things I have tried:
deleted all devices and re-sync
rebooted/checked updates on phone
tried different usb/files
phone syncs and works fine on other devices
usb/files work fine on other devices

Ideas?
Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Not that this is helpful, but mine will switch to AM all on its own and do some other random crap. 1st time dealer said my battery was probably draining from not driving the car enough. I guess driving it 7 days a week is not enough. 2nd time they told me they couldn't replicate it and told me i need to contact the app maker. I stood there blinking for what felt like 10 minutes, because obviously I thought I was talking to a franchisee of the app maker.

Point being the base radio in my experience has a mind of its own and I report issues with it to the dealer, hoping at some point a service bulletin is issued, software update, or replacement is provided.

Sorry I am no help to you on this, but I felt like commiserating this Friday morn.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Corroborating the base radio woes. Mine does all manner of weird ish for one driving session then returns to being perfectly cromulent the next. Most frequently it pauses bluetooth audio on its own in the middle of a drive and won't play it again until the whole unit's rebooted. Also manages to make bluetooth, or even wired audio for that matter... skip??? Like a scratched up old CD. Maybe someone at Ford thought that a feature, not a bug. :giggle:

I'll be replacing it with a Dynavin head unit when all allows.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Corroborating the base radio woes. Mine does all manner of weird ish for one driving session then returns to being perfectly cromulent the next. Most frequently it pauses bluetooth audio on its own in the middle of a drive and won't play it again until the whole unit's rebooted. Also manages to make bluetooth, or even wired audio for that matter... skip??? Like a scratched up old CD. Maybe someone at Ford thought that a feature, not a bug. :giggle:

I'll be replacing it with a Dynavin head unit when all allows.
Same problems here MY21. Btw, damn you for making me have to Google the definition of a word on a car forum. Never thought that would happpen. Cromulent- a fine word that I will have to inject into my afternoon meetings today to see how many eyebrows I can raise.

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I have the sync system. Mine "drops out" for a fraction of a second while playing from bluetooth & CDs all the time. The drop outs are random but there's no external cause I can identify. I also get a short drop out from the radio (FM), CD, or bluetooth when latching or unlatching the top. It's really annoying but I don't think there's any solution to it. I can try to replace the entire video unit but I'm not sure it will solve anything. It is also prohibitively expensive. I've considered an aftermarket unit but I have the nav system and since I only use the car for touring I want to keep the nav feature. Even an aftermarket unit with nav is too expensive. So I have to live with it until it quits completely.

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I have the sync system. Mine "drops out" for a fraction of a second while playing from bluetooth & CDs all the time. The drop outs are random but there's no external cause I can identify. I also get a short drop out from the radio (FM), CD, or bluetooth when latching or unlatching the top. It's really annoying but I don't think there's any solution to it. I can try to replace the entire video unit but I'm not sure it will solve anything. It is also prohibitively expensive. I've considered an aftermarket unit but I have the nav system and since I only use the car for touring I want to keep the nav feature. Even an aftermarket unit with nav is too expensive. So I have to live with it until it quits completely.
Just interjecting with my two cents, I don't know if I'd let the nav unit alone keep me. Any aftermarket solution worth its weight oughta have apple carplay/android auto. Might have to download the map on your device before setting out if it's some remote no connection locale, but that aside, google maps / waze / apple maps should all be fine.

OP
OP

Roadsign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Sync reset/master reset did not solve the issue.
There are some that disconnected the battery and it solved the issue. I'll try that next.

OP
OP

Roadsign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Disconnecting/reconnecting the battery has solved the sync issue for now, only been a short time.
No progress on the random audio files that play slow.
Sponsored