MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Neither is better, it depends more on what you want. The flat stick is pushdown because the reverse lockout won't fit with the flat stick. So if you want the flat stick, you get the push down style.

If you don't want the flat stick, or if you don't want a pushdown lockout, then get the other one which has a factory pull-up lockout in it.

If don't want a flat stick, but want a pushdown, then the MGW also does a fantastic kit.

I have an MGW assembly in mine with a pushdown reverse lockout. Not as easy as a pull-up but not hard. Impossible to get in to reverse accidentally.

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Neither is better, it depends more on what you want. The flat stick is pushdown because the reverse lockout won't fit with the flat stick. So if you want the flat stick, you get the push down style.

If you don't want the flat stick, or if you don't want a pushdown lockout, then get the other one which has a factory pull-up lockout in it.

If don't want a flat stick, but want a pushdown, then the MGW also does a fantastic kit.

I have an MGW assembly in mine with a pushdown reverse lockout. Not as easy as a pull-up but not hard. Impossible to get in to reverse accidentally.
Thanks for the info huskee.

I am new to these variety of shifters. Will there be a difference in operating a pull up and push down shifter?

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Thanks for the info huskee.

I am new to these variety of shifters. Will there be a difference in operating a pull up and push down shifter?
In terms of shifting there is no difference at all. But when you go into reverse, one you pull the reverse lockout as factory, and for the second you have to push the shifter down against a spring to then move it into reverse.

I would go the pull-up factory style lockout. It's a bit easier and makes more sense, unless you don't have a choice which was the issue with my situation.

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In terms of shifting there is no difference at all. But when you go into reverse, one you pull the reverse lockout as factory, and for the second you have to push the shifter down against a spring to then move it into reverse.

I would go the pull-up factory style lockout. It's a bit easier and makes more sense, unless you don't have a choice which was the issue with my situation.
Cool...Thanks a lot huskee
Sponsored