Sponsored

Bank holiday weekend

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Lets get out and enjoy the cars, let them er run a little. Anyone got nice plans for it (car wise)? I might find some curves to cut later in the weekend when the weather is supposed to better :sunglasses:
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Black hood vents, new under hood blanket, new strut brace plaque, wash, tyre dressing and a target of reducing my 12.6 mpg average a little further … :giggle:

Well that’s the plan, let’s see if it works out :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
lol thats some list! I plan on trying out the new anti twist Karcher hose I bought... aye we'll see how good that works out. To dry the car off i shall use the wind. Lots of wind :rockon:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I only found out it was bank holiday at lunch time. I got lots to do but I want to drive it first after installing the BMR toe ends and vertical links but I can't do that until the replacement lower control arm is delivered (I snapped a bolt).

Eibach front and rear sway bar end links
BMR camber links
BMR control arm bearings
Roush H pipe to replace my Ford X pipe
Brake fluid
Trans oil
Diff oil
Wheel alignment

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Oil change, last week.
Then thanks to this;

Following on with the poor assembly / alignment theme, anyone read this thread ?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/urgent-check-clutch-line-at-brake-master-cylinder.84132/

Well it looks like RHD don’t escape this issue either ...

8793-E106-4977-4083-8-E73-E3-A3-A1-A761-CF.jpg

And I’m guessing it’s more tricky to get too than on the LHD’s as it’s under the bulkhead brace and inboard of the master cylinder

0102.gif

And one new clutch master cylinder later.

I've decided to head out on a longer run, to the coast, one day during the BHW.
But the GT needs a wash, first.

Sponsored

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
yeah I washed mine this afternoon, it rained as I was badly applying liquid wax thingy to the badly washed car. Sigh, 2021 just needs to get tae fck.
@Supersolo @WD Pro i'll be checking that pipe once i can be bothered heading back outside. :like:

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I only found out it was bank holiday at lunch time. I got lots to do but I want to drive it first after installing the BMR toe ends and vertical links but I can't do that until the replacement lower control arm is delivered (I snapped a bolt).

Eibach front and rear sway bar end links
BMR camber links
BMR control arm bearings
Roush H pipe to replace my Ford X pipe
Brake fluid
Trans oil
Diff oil
Wheel alignment
i stopped trying to work on my cars after I just broke too many things or what i tried just didn't work. Its cheaper for me to either not get it done or pay something to do it right once rather than pay someone to fix my mess lol.Check oil, check coolant, check wheel nuts, check tyre pressure check fuel levels go go go :crackup:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Supersolo - how come it needed a new master cylinder ?

My plans haven’t gone too far adrift :like:

Hood vents in, washed, clayed, coated (hood only) :

1622300938183.jpeg

Replacement strut brace plaque :

1622301001495.jpeg

Internal glass done on both of my cars.

Hood blanket not replaced yet - dropped (and lost) a bonnet vent nut …

Short drive.

Off to a BBQ in about 20 mins :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Lets get out and enjoy the cars, let them er run a little. Anyone got nice plans for it (car wise)? I might find some curves to cut later in the weekend when the weather is supposed to better :sunglasses:
Friday was spent carving up the old military road running through the Cairngorms. Until that point Skye was by far my favourite for driving but this was on another level, will be back for sure.

Anyone familiar with the area may know Grantown on Spey, never been before but that’s where my family name comes from so that was pretty cool to visit there

Obligatory photo, and a road trip badge of honour - a few thousand dead bugs lol

9649BE20-4C4C-4280-B7A7-50C54A7B45A3.jpeg
799F1993-BCD6-43E5-91D1-BECF0267B2B0.jpeg

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Friday was spent carving up the old military road running through the Cairngorms. Until that point Skye was by far my favourite for driving but this was on another level, will be back for sure.

Anyone familiar with the area may know Grantown on Spey, never been before but that’s where my family name comes from so that was pretty cool to visit there

Obligatory photo, and a road trip badge of honour - a few thousand dead bugs lol

9649BE20-4C4C-4280-B7A7-50C54A7B45A3.jpeg
799F1993-BCD6-43E5-91D1-BECF0267B2B0.jpeg
too many good roads up there but Skye is very nice to drive through. Normally it's quite busy with camper vans so it's a little on the follow my (slow moving) leader but some great stretches on it for sure. Looks like you got some good weather as well :)

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@Supersolo - how come it needed a new master cylinder ?
Apparently, that black, ribbed, hydraulic clutch line, is integral to the CMC.
So when we saw fluid leaking from that union/joint.
It meant the CMC had to be replaced.

Going to visually monitor it now, ie, no touching it.
But hopefully, it's all good now.

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
got up sharp this morning with intention of a quick burl around some nearby back roads. Turns out when I checked I also had the squint not fully on clutch line so bit of a push while holding the reservoir and it's on a bit further now. Then went for the back road drive only to discover halfway round that the road was closed so detour was in order. Another 20 miles added unexpectedly. Brilliant morning drive :sunglasses: have really proven to myself I need to fit the Steeda wide throttle pedal as heel and toe with my feet aint happening. Kept missing the gas pedal for the blip so gave up and just concentrated on the braking with a quick blip at the end before turn in or just drive the torque out the other side. Really really want to head into the Highlands soon :rockon:

Also discovered the anti twist Karcher hose is actually anti twist. Still a complete utter git to remove from washer and gun after usage, my technique must be wrong!

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Trip to the coast yesterday.

I suspect there may be one, orange, Lambo Huracán owner, now considering a twin turbo kit....
:giggle:
Sponsored