Sponsored

Bama Ran 10.4 @ 129 with a 150 Shot

Batmobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I have Catback Exhaust JLT Intake and A Bama 93 TRACK Tune i love my car my 2015 runs so good now i need better tires...hope to add long tubes soon
Sponsored

Sponsored

waahehe94

We're All Mad...You Know
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Cobra R, Corvette
Thank's for the video, that was an awesome run. The guy driving the car can really hit his shifts.

Just curious about something though. At the beginning of the video at the 0:08 second mark the car has a Boss upper intake manifold and at the 2:07 mark near the end of the video the car has the stock upper & lower intake manifold. In the video description it says the car had the stock upper & lower intake, so did the video editor make a mistake and maybe show us day 2 of testing and what the next mod is going to be?
008.jpg
207.jpg

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Thank's for the video, that was an awesome run. The guy driving the car can really hit his shifts.

Just curious about something though. At the beginning of the video at the 0:08 second mark the car has a Boss upper intake manifold and at the 2:07 mark near the end of the video the car has the stock upper & lower intake manifold. In the video description it says the car had the stock upper & lower intake, so did the video editor make a mistake and maybe show us day 2 of testing and what the next mod is going to be?

Good eyes. BTW, there is no upper or lower intake. All one piece.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Not knocking the hard work and results, but I'm more interested in seeing some more times come in from more lightly modified cars. I'd expect a good quarter time if it's running a 150 shot, seat removal, and slicks and skinnies.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's all about pushing the envelope. We (as shops) want to find the limits. That way, we know how to advise you guys on what and what not to do. All of this hard work trickles down to the cars with lighter mods.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
It's all about pushing the envelope. We (as shops) want to find the limits. That way, we know how to advise you guys on what and what not to do. All of this hard work trickles down to the cars with lighter mods.

Big plus 1. :headbang:

Some of us have big dreams about turning our rides into racecars but reality hits and our bank accounts laugh(or cry). Let the shops turn the wrenches, make the mistakes, find the weak points, and share the experience. If you have the coin, be a pioneer.

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Some other details you didn't list: front brakes from a base V6 or ecoboost. Base GT brakes are 4-piston 14" rotors. How about some more suspension details?
Hey - Good eye! We changed the brakes to a base GT setup from 11-14 as the Brembos would not clear with the Welds and we'll be releasing more information on the suspension in short time! That's not us hiding mods by any means, we're just wanting to put out complete test results and what we've found works before we make any claims. If anything, this was a downgrade so that we could clear the caliper. There's very limited wheels that are out there right now, so this wasn't a "weight savings" thing by any stretch.

I have Catback Exhaust JLT Intake and A Bama 93 TRACK Tune i love my car my 2015 runs so good now i need better tires...hope to add long tubes soon
Hey! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your Bama Tune as much as I do and I can't wait to get mine on my 2015! Long tubes are going to really wake up your new GT. We can tweak the tune and not only will you notice huge power gains, but the sound will be ridiculous! Can't wait to hear it... you'll have to post up once they're installed.

A/M hiding mods again?
Absolutely not - We're incredibly transparent about this and if you're to have further questions let me know! We're not here to hid anything. We are being 100% about what's on the vehicle and what isn't. The brakes were a minor detail and like we said in the original post, we'll make sure that we update everyone on the full list of suspension mods once we're fully dialed in and happy with it.

Very impressive results!!

Frank@TheDriveShaftShop is the man!!:thumbsup:
Agreed! Frank is the man! We really appreciate working with the Driveshaft Shop crew and their Carbon Fiber Driveshaft and 1400 HP Axles have made us feel very confident in hard launches and really putting this thing to the test out on a well-prepped track with sticky tires!

Nice job guys!

-Garrett
Thanks Garrett!

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe

Damn great eye!

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt

Great catch Sir! Bama did back to back passes with the stock manifold and it proved to yield better results than the Boss. They're going to have a tech article out soon explaining why they went with the stock manifold but you're right on the money. To be clear:

Bama went 11.2 back-to-back-to-back with stock manifold, JLT cold air intake, 93 Bama Track Tune, Custom Exhaust / Headers, Suspension mods, Weight reduction and Drag Wheels and Tires - STOCK 2015 5.0L intake manifold.

They then went to an aftermarket intake manifold and lost some MPH and went back to stock and ran a consistent 11.2 again. Finally, they sprayed 150 shot on the stock manifold and ran a 10.4 @ 129mph. The only additions at this time were axles and carbon fiber driveshaft.

Hope this helps!

Race fuel or 93 pump gas?
So far we've only ran the 93 Track Tune in this car. We have other 2015 GT's that we're building and testing here at AM. Bama has exclusive access to those cars and they're working on the other octane and calibration types. They've been working on them for months and I think you'll be stoked with the results. :thumbsup:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Hey-Good eye! We changed the brakes to a base GT setup as the brembos would not clear with the welds and we'll be releasing more information on the suspension in short time!

They didn't look like base GT brakes to me, which have 14" rotors and 4-piston calipers. They looked like single piston base V6 brakes which are a bit lighter. When I get home(or someone with access to youtube) we can post up screenshots of your video for clarification.
Sponsored