Baer Brakes locked up

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Does anyone else have problems with the Baer SS4+ front brakes locking up on them?
Driver side one is almost impossible to spin. Can damn near hang on the tire and it'll barely spin. Granted I'm roughly 160lbs.
I know this isn't the first case. I just want to see if anyone has found a fix for this.
I've messaged Baer the problem but we'll see if I get any response.
Sponsored

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
I'm running the Baer drag brakes - no such issues. Curious, do you brake spool your turbos while driving down the freeway for roll racing? I can imagine the heat that would generate could warp the aluminum calipers causing something like this. These brakes are designed to be light, not endure a lot of braking or heat.

If you aren't brake spooling it, i'd remove the calipers to see if the brake pads are hung up and not releasing.

Tony

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Have you tried bleeding that caliper or entire system again?

How’s the brake hose going to that side?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I heard that the issue was related to the torque specs for the caliper bolts. BAER revised the specs to a lower number in the later kits. I would give them a call and see what they will do. Mine have been on the front for about a year and so far they seem good.

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
I heard that the issue was related to the torque specs for the caliper bolts. BAER revised the specs to a lower number in the later kits. I would give them a call and see what they will do. Mine have been on the front for about a year and so far they seem good.
I forgot to update.

I actually contacted them. They sent me a brand new pair of their 2.0's after sending my set back. I covered shipping for both.
Really nice people to talk to. One of the best customer services I've dealt with as for aftermarket parts company!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What was the issue, just defective calipers, or was there something that others should be aware of if they run into a similar problem?

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
What was the issue, just defective calipers, or was there something that others should be aware of if they run into a similar problem?
I think it is a problem with the torque specs. Or atleast that is what I've been told from others with this issue. They lowered the torque specs on the caliper bolts to I believe 90lbs now. Before people were saying something about them being 150lbs. My numbers could be off as I can't remember 100% what I was told.

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm a little late to this party, but I just ordered the Hawks pads from Steeda that's suppose to reduce the drag a lot. I'll take it easy on the torque too and see if the combination of those fixes it.

Sponsored

hoss_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cj
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP1 Mustang GT 10r80
I'm a little late to this party, but I just ordered the Hawks pads from Steeda that's suppose to reduce the drag a lot. I'll take it easy on the torque too and see if the combination of those fixes it.
Do you have the part number sir? P need to find them and seem not to be able too.

hoss_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cj
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP1 Mustang GT 10r80
im wondering if they will work with my 2.0 ss4 brakes i have.

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
im wondering if they will work with my 2.0 ss4 brakes i have.
I think they "should" The 2.0's mainly fixed the cracking rotor problems that people were having but don't quote me on that. I believe the calipers are identical.