Sponsored

Back in the saddle

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I am glad to say that I am back in a Mustang. Camaro was awesome, no complaints really, just wanted to be back in a 5.0 and this time rowing my own gears. Had an A10 previously.

IMG-2497.PNG

IMG-2522.jpg
Sponsored

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Nice choice on the color...love my kona blue. Got mine last April, pulling it out of the garage tomorrow..and next weekend it goes to get the lowering springs and kooks headers installed.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
The a10 is praised to the high heavens so it's fun to see someone go back to a stick. You think you'll miss the more instant oomph of the camaro? Revving a coyote out is awesome, but there are days that I miss a more torquey pushrod, personally.

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Nice choice on the color...love my kona blue. Got mine last April, pulling it out of the garage tomorrow..and next weekend it goes to get the lowering springs and kooks headers installed.
Thanks! What springs are you going with? Have you got MR?

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
The a10 is praised to the high heavens so it's fun to see someone go back to a stick. You think you'll miss the more instant oomph of the camaro? Revving a coyote out is awesome, but there are days that I miss a more torquey pushrod, personally.
The A10 is a fantastic trans and certainly feels much faster for sure. I have to say that I do like GM's version a little better. Seems the shift logic was more consistent and smooth. Good question on the torque, I think I will miss it some but, for now anyway, I'm just really happy to be back in a manual so I am distracted. :) But I'm sure that day is coming.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
The A10 is a fantastic trans and certainly feels much faster for sure. I have to say that I do like GM's version a little better. Seems the shift logic was more consistent and smooth. Good question on the torque, I think I will miss it some but, for now anyway, I'm just really happy to be back in a manual so I am distracted. :) But I'm sure that day is coming.

That's not the first time I've seen someone say GM has the better a10 programming. It seems GM just has Ford beat in that regard, including magneride.

There's definitely a charm to it. Automatic is unquestionably faster but that feeling when you're in the zone and land a perfect shift after perfect shift, where you can't even feel the disengagement, is so exhilarating. Enjoy it!

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Congrats! Best color also!

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Thanks! What springs are you going with? Have you got MR?
I went with the SR performance springs 1" in the front and rear. I do not have MR. I got the base GT M6, no fancy goodies lol besides the extra package the dealer added that gave me active exhaust and the upgraded sync 3.
So far I've done 25mm spacers all around, borla crossfire x pipe, Holly CAI, and Lund 93 tune. Couldn't be happier and can't wait for the upcoming additions to the car