Sponsored

AVALANCHE GRAY GT350/R Thread

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
My 17. I guess for those that wonder- the difference to me on AVG between photos and real life is that the car generally seems darker in real life than photos. When I took this shot it seemed quite grey, and then in the photo it's very light. It's a very nice color and I'm glad I choose it.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I don't know. Mine seems pretty light in real life...maybe because I don't have the black roof, and have white OTT stripes.
That light is perfect to show the true color. Any bright sunlight makes the car look white.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Very sweet. I wish I went darker on my tint, but the law. this pic has me getting over the fence on doing a black top. very nice. You order that way? the wing looks great too!

:cheers:
Mine is 30%. I almost wish I went 20%. While dark tint is illegal in many states, I have found that if I get pulled over and roll the window all the way down, the cops don't hassle me. It's really for their safety as they don't want to walk up to a car and not be able to see the driver. I have never had an issue with the yearly state inspections either.

What you have to watch is tinting the windshield or the tail lights. Tinting the windshield is just insane in my view. The tinted tails I used to love until my buddy told me his horror story. At the time we both had CTS-V's. I had the sedan and he had the wagon. We both had our tails tinted. You could still see the tails from a long distance away.

One night my buddy is stopped at a light and an older women ran into the back of him. She claimed she never saw his brake lights. The police wrote him up for illegal tint on his tail lights. The women's insurance refused to pay as did his insurance saying the car was not "road legal". He wound up paying 13k for his repair and 7K for hers. I'll never tint my tails again.

Sponsored

Mrc5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Been going back and forth on deleting my stripes and these 2 are pushing me in the right direction...I think
My 17. I guess for those that wonder- the difference to me on AVG between photos and real life is that the car generally seems darker in real life than photos. When I took this shot it seemed quite grey, and then in the photo it's very light. It's a very nice color and I'm glad I choose it.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
This pic is from back in Feb. this year but here's a comparison of OW and AG... during sunset hours.

25156041042_19ee1fd6fa_b.jpg

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
Been going back and forth on deleting my stripes and these 2 are pushing me in the right direction...I think
Pretty happy without the stripes. I went back and forth a lot on that when ordering- as I did with colors. I came from a Boss 302, and was tired of having loud-ish stickers on my daily driver. I eventually decided that I liked the subtlety of the rig without, and the black roof / AVG seem to complement each other well.

At some stage I might go to black/red pinstripes.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
This pic is from back in Feb. this year but here's a comparison of OW and AG... during sunset hours.

25156041042_19ee1fd6fa_b.jpg
That white car appears to have a clear bra on it. I hope it was just a temporary application, otherwise it's one of the worst installations I've seen.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
That white car appears to have a clear bra on it. I hope it was just a temporary application, otherwise it's one of the worst installations I've seen.
Of course this isn't an Expel or Suntek PPF.

It's for temporary for track use only... it's a 7mm crash tape/crash wrap like body shops use. Protects front fascia from track debris. No residue afterwards.

I use it on my regular track toy as well.... and improvise a bit with blue vinyl sometimes. :D

28436816944_be351c22bb_c.jpg

In fact, the other 2 cars in this pic also have temporary front protective film.

Sponsored

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Looks pretty damn good without the stripes with a black roof!

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just arrived at my local dealer.
Nice! I see they have not even installed the splitter yet. Is it sold already? Just curious.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
That's hot with the black roof man.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Nice! I see they have not even installed the splitter yet. Is it sold already? Just curious.
Just arrived into dealer inventory. They also have a 17 Grabber Blue and a 17 Lightning Blue. All three have Convenience Package. They also gave a 16 Magnetic Grey with Track Package.

This dealer doesn't install splitter until sold.

I suspect these are available at MSRP as they sold me my 17 at MSRP
Sponsored