Sponsored

Automatic COTUS Checker

Mustangblas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
The Ford shipping system seems to be the definition of incompetence....I don't think I'd ever deal with this again.
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
There has to be a way for the dealership to contact the trucking company to see when your car is scheduled for transport. I don't get how it's taking this long for you, especially since I assume you don't live too far away from Milpitas.
According to the ordering manager at my dealer, the transport company does know, but only after the car has been released (to them) for transport from the yard. Apparently, the dealer has no control over this, and isn't told exactly when the car will be transported before hand.

Mine contacted the transport to see if they had record of my car when he was trying to figure out where it was.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
According to the ordering manager at my dealer, the transport company does know, but only after the car has been released (to them) for transport from the yard. Apparently, the dealer has no control over this, and isn't told exactly when the car will be transported before hand.

Mine contacted the transport to see if they had record of my car when he was trying to figure out where it was.
That's interesting. It probably can take a while for the railroad to unload rail cars, especially if it's a big rail yard.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Got this response from the ordering manager. He said to "mark" means expedite it and that's all he can do on his end.
Hopefully your dealership marking your car will speed up the process. It makes you wonder if it's still sitting in a rail car. Milpitas is a pretty huge rail yard. My guess is there are a ton of car carriers waiting to be unloaded. Check out this satellite photo of the parking lot for all the new cars in Milpitas:

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.4229506,-121.9037278,842m/data=!3m1!1e3

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang premium Mach 1 FJG and 1964.5 Mustang
On another note, I picked mine up at the dealers yesterday!!! Of course, it had to be raining!! I will post a pic as soon as I am able to get one to shrink down to the allowable dimensions.

What a fine ride! :clap2: Major difference between it and the 2014 we traded in. Quieter, smoother, and of course loaded with many more options. It will take me a month to figure out how to use them all. I spent an hour last night just roaming through different settings for the digital instrument cluster.

My only gripe is that it appears I was unable to use the X-Plan, the $750 private cash and my $500 military offer. Although I was eligible for all three, seems the military offer was not compatible with the other two. Ford Customer Service confirmed my eligibility on two different occasions, but the dealer was unable to enter all three codes in the system. We then called Ford, and verified the problem was semantics. Left me with a bad taste in my mouth, that my 20 year military service was not compatible with my MCA membership. WTF? :shrug:

Gary

Sponsored

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
Gary,
Congrats on the delivery! :thumbsup: It is a bummer that they would not let you stack the military discount.

I got the most dreaded "EDD: Removed" email last night.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
The Ford shipping system seems to be the definition of incompetence....I don't think I'd ever deal with this again.
It is odd for sure. I stopped by my dealer to have the air bag recall done on my '06. I talked with my sales guy, he checked, and said the car is on a CSX rail car in Ohio. Strangely it will go to Columbia, SC, and then turn around and head back to NC. :shrug:

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
My car is now in Production. No window sticker yet.
Order 12-26-17
EDD 05-07-18
:D
:ford:

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang premium Mach 1 FJG and 1964.5 Mustang
Gary,
Congrats on the delivery! :thumbsup: It is a bummer that they would not let you stack the military discount.

I got the most dreaded "EDD: Removed" email last night.
Jesse, I got the dreaded EDD: Removed message and three hours later got the delivered message. Here's hoping for ya buddy!!:cheers:

Gary

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Per Ford Performance Chat as of 4/11 my car is In Production - Body Shop, Blend date is today 4/12... :D

Sponsored

Mustangblas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Holy cow in Transit! It took 6 weeks to get it out of the factory parking lot...but someone finally manged to get it on a truck....thank goodness!

My poor salesman...he earned his commission dealing with my pestering....the transportation personnel should have to donate a portion of their wages to him.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Just ended production and now in awaiting shipment

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I think the worst part of waiting is after your car is built and in transit.
Right I'm trying not to think about it but its just to hard, I'm ready to drive this beast! :headbang:

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Right I'm trying not to think about it but its just to hard, I'm ready to drive this beast! :headbang:
It is pretty hard. I'm past the EDD from FP and Cotus says 1 day left for delivery. You don't want to know how often I'm checking Cotus now :lol:
Sponsored