Auto Club Speedway, before becoming a short track

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I'd like to take the M1 out there...but it sounds like I can get a few more hood chips before I really go crazy at ACS - probably shouldn't have gotten black.
Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to take the M1 out there...but it sounds like I can get a few more hood chips before I really go crazy at ACS - probably shouldn't have gotten black.
Two easy-ish ways to prevent most would be to get a roll of the wide painters tape, and just stack it up on the hood and front bumper, you'll see lots of blue, green, and some fun colors from those concerned about it, or even a roll of vinyl. As most car wrap sheets are 5', it's not too bad, compared to a more permanent solution like a clear/protection film.

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
We are working with Speed Ventures to possibly have a Mustang Challenge at this event and others in the future. We would love to here about interest in this. We are looking to use a handicap system so that all cars will run in same group, for example, modified cars will have time(in seconds or parts thereof) added to their lap times. This will create parity based more upon driver skill rather than car mods. More info coming on this very soon!
Yep love speed ventures events and especially being they go to chuckwalla as well as buttonwillow.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Loud and ugly and FAST which makes it perfect. I'm glad you were my instructor today and thanks again for the help. I was passed by no one and passed everyone ahead of me, and got to the front. Particularly satisfying was dusting those two Vettes and that 911 GT3. I have good speed, but need to learn how to get through those tight corners faster so I don't give up so much time. Ciao.
We're typically not supposed to order outside of our normal stated run group, but asking nicely works wonders. Wasn't sure if you stopped by their booth, and couldn't PM these to you, so, I guess I'm airing your clean laundry for all to see. Since there's a little squat, I think this was when we got some space and went above 15mph.

Blue - Session 2 Turn 6 - AC1_6308_Mar1322_1205PM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Blue - Session 2 Turn 6 - AC1_6311_Mar1322_1205PM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Blue - Session 2 Turn 6 - AC1_6309_Mar1322_1205PM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
We're typically not supposed to order outside of our normal stated run group, but asking nicely works wonders. Wasn't sure if you stopped by their booth, and couldn't PM these to you, so, I guess I'm airing your clean laundry for all to see. Since there's a little squat, I think this was when we got some space and went above 15mph.

Blue - Session 2 Turn 6 - AC1_6308_Mar1322_1205PM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Blue - Session 2 Turn 6 - AC1_6311_Mar1322_1205PM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Blue - Session 2 Turn 6 - AC1_6309_Mar1322_1205PM_CaliPhoto.jpg
LOL. Nice - that would be me! I can't wait to get back so I can work on trail braking and keeping the car balanced through those two tight turns. I was all arms and elbows exiting w/ TC light flashing and a dash warning message saying " reduce speed: You need to learn how to drive"

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. Nice - that would be me! I can't wait to get back so I can work on trail braking and keeping the car balanced through those two tight turns. I was all arms and elbows exiting w/ TC light flashing and a dash warning message saying " reduce speed: You need to learn how to drive"
I know that feeling.

1647391187288.png

"Check Braking System" in a red box as I'm entering T1 at like 155 :D
Sponsored