Australian spec Mustang owners photos

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Yeah as above I've purchased just about all my after market Mustang stuff, 99% from overseas. As much as I like to support local, unfortunately its usually a rip off price wise (Mustang tax). I have found even with the USD exchange rate and postage costs I'm still substantially in front and also it usually gets posted here quicker than within Australia....go figure
My experience too. Sure if you don’t know what you want, or need, or do but
can’t do it yourself (skills, time, equipment, or all of the previous) or need instructions (and that’s all ok too) then by all means develop relationships that will advise and assist you, and pay (as you should) for that support. If you do the research of the good brands, and the performance of what you want, and there is plenty of info here and elsewhere, then reputable parts tested and reviewed (3rd party) using reputable payment systems are very low risk. Then it’s just cost, exchange, shipping and tax.
I’ve used direct from Steeda, Jegs, CJ Pony, Vivid Racing, American Muscle, Levittown Ford, White Madness Garage, Diode Dynamics, and Summit Racing. No issues with any of them. It’s crazy but month to month the postage prices from the same store for the same item can be different, but just keep shopping around and comparing. In the US there are usually 3 or 4 major sale times a year so the discounts and codes will always come up relatively regularly.
Sponsored

Yellow Toy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Fastback
Cheers guys,
Very helpful...

I better get a list happening and second job lol..

Thanks..

Gerry_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback - Antimatter Blue, 10sp
So I'm going to agree and disagree with the sentiment of a few guys and girls on here. I'm going to start by listing the components of my cars build (over a three year period):

• AWE 3 inch exhaust - Scuderia Auto Art in Sydney - direct import by them for me with the important proviso that they would deal with warranty issues rather than me who is a consumer half way around the world.
  • American Racing 3inch long tube headers - American Speed Melbourne. Again warranty warranty warranty....
  • Injen Cold air inlet - American Speed in Melbourne.
  • Vogtland Coilover Kit - American Speed in Melbourne. again a direct import and an Australian name when it all went wrong (it didn't)
  • White line sway bars and links - American Speed Melbourne - as above
  • BMR rear cradle lock out kit - JEGS performance in the US - direct import as this was a low value item that I could live with if it went wrong
  • Oil Catch Can - Group Buy from this forum. Again no moving parts, low dollar value and imported on my behalf. Good quality product
  • Ford Performance spherical bearings (rear) - JEGS in the US - lowest US postal price
  • BMR Rear vertical and end links and front K Brace and - JEGS in the US - lowest US postal price and nobody was importing them at the time
  • Steeda front upper and lower control Arms and bumpsteer kit- Mustang Motorsport Melbourne. Still not 100% certain they were the best value for money but I could live with the price when compared to the postal price charged by Steeda (or JEGS for that matter)
  • Harrop Oil Cooler kit - Harrop Melbourne - from Harrop (in Melbourne :crackup:)
  • 6G 20inch 7 spoke gloss black rims - American Speed. Now this is where it did go wrong because while they sat on the wharf in LA the shipper (to the Melbourne vendor) buckled the set. So they were replaced before I even saw them. In my humble opinion as a sole importer that they have no relationship with - good luck getting your money back or replacement.
  • US style rear tail lights (set) - Exotic pony mods (Melbourne via Carbon AutoHaus Sydney).
  • Diode Dynamics LED interior and exterior LED light set (Carbon AutoHaus Sydney).
  • bonnet latch (interior), Ford Performance Gear Shift, GT 350R steering wheel, replacement rear boot lid plastic trim. My stangMods Melbourne
  • Tune - Carbon Autohaus custom (HP tuner baseline) - Australia!
  • Black Badges all round - Autoware Gold Coast.
My point is not to talk my mustang up (it used to be a 2017 now I'm not so sure...) but to point out that there are a variety of sources for products and that the consumer needs to weigh up the risk of a cheaper price from overseas as a sole importer of a product as opposed to a firm who does business with and has a relationship with reputable firms. Did I pay more than some of the folks here - absolutely....but the customer experience and the risk mitigation is remembered well after price is forgotten (or so says Enzo Ferrari).

Good suppliers will engage and talk you through the things you want to achieve, some of our friends from elsewhere will not. The number of anecdotes I have heard about the product that turned up for the 'cheap price' would suggest that you would need to think long and hard about some of the vendors and options. But that's just me.

There are lots of people on this forum who have done heaps more to their car than me and I am certain that they will have a different experience.

Just my two cents worth - congrats on the car :clap:
Just curious, why did you replace the bonnet latch (interior)?

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
I'm going to support Bagration's position on local support & warranties, particularly for major parts.
Support from CRD (Cobb parts & custom tune), EPM (light sequencers, steering wheel, charge pad), Autoware (boot panel, spoiler), Herrod's (strut base & short shifter), GFB (diverter valve), Carbon Auto Haus (various installations, Diode Dynamic lights & BLIS system). Everything but the custom steering wheel was in stock locally.
I have picked up other small dress pieces from the US; American Muscle and CJP and carried them home and was happy to see many of these parts being distributed locally now.
I don't believe I've been overcharged, as I work in imports so undersatnd Fx and freight effects. I've enjoyed researching and purchasing all the parts for my Stang.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Just curious, why did you replace the bonnet latch (interior)?
I did mine too. The Steeda alloy ones look better (you can get different colours or plain alloy finish) but they don’t flex or feel like they will snap off when using it, unlike the cheap plastic OEM one.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
After a massive dust storm in Adelaide it then rained mud.....look away @DFB5.0 this is going to mess with your mind....my Stang is a little dirty
20210607_190114.jpg
20210607_190243.jpg
20210607_190311.jpg
20210607_190446.jpg
20210607_190455.jpg

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
After a massive dust storm in Adelaide it then rained mud.....look away @DFB5.0 this is going to mess with your mind....my Stang is a little dirty
20210607_190114.jpg
20210607_190243.jpg
20210607_190311.jpg
20210607_190446.jpg
20210607_190455.jpg
Yes but as soon as the weather permits and you have the time you can indulge in the glorious pleasure of getting it back to its gleaming shiny self. There is nothing like a good snow job! 😃

Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
AWE 3 inch exhaust - Scuderia Auto Art in Sydney - direct import by them for me with the important proviso that they would deal with warranty issues rather than me who is a consumer half way around the world.
I also bought my AWE exhaust from them. The rear hangers cracked all the way through on the mufflers. I emailed AWE in the US with photo's and my receipt from SAA, a few weeks later brand new replacements turned up via Fedex. AWE direct were absolutely fantastic in dealing with my warranty issue without any input from SAA!

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Out for lunch
Clipboard01.jpg