Sponsored

audio upgrade help

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Can somebody help me out as far as what fits in the factory speaker holes. I have the 9 speaker system i think. my dash says shaker but I do not have a sub. Ive always had systems in my trucks with subs and all upgraded speakers but not sure what will fit in the mustang. This thing just does not get near loud enough for me and I also want to add a small sub, possibly one solid 10'' or a 12''. Any suggestions are appreciated
Sponsored

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I was in the same situation as you with the 9 speaker system. I put a 12 inch JL Audio Stealthbox sub in the trunk and a 600 watt sub amp under the drivers seat. It makes all the other factory speakers sound good plus pounds hard with the base. I personally don't need to upgrade the rest of it.
image.jpg

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Silver
I was in the same situation as you with the 9 speaker system. I put a 12 inch JL Audio Stealthbox sub in the trunk and a 600 watt sub amp under the drivers seat. It makes all the other factory speakers sound good plus pounds hard with the base. I personally don't need to upgrade the rest of it.
Does the amp that you installed run to the sub as well as the factory speakers? If so, how did you go about bypassing the factory amp? In my previous car (Accord), I tapped into the wires before the factory amp and ran that feed into an Audio Control EQS then to an amp. I just need to find the best way to upgrade the audio because this 9 speaker system is weak! Thanks for any advice that you can provide.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I installed some rockford power t1 6.5 components. The tweeters were a perfect fit for the a pillars. The 6.5 I used the spacers that came with the speakers. I installed the crossovers under the drivers seat. I cut the wires from the factory amp to the speakers and ran them to the crossovers, from the crossover to a p400x2 amp in the trunk. I also have a soundqubed 10" woofer running off a p1000x1. I got my feed from the rear deck speakers and ran them to an audiocontrol lc6i. I did nothing to the center speaker, read speakers or the 3", I think they're 3",mspeakers in the door. Sounds good just haven t had time to really mess around with it.

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Does the amp that you installed run to the sub as well as the factory speakers? If so, how did you go about bypassing the factory amp? In my previous car (Accord), I tapped into the wires before the factory amp and ran that feed into an Audio Control EQS then to an amp. I just need to find the best way to upgrade the audio because this 9 speaker system is weak! Thanks for any advice that you can provide.
The amp is a sub amp and just powers the sub in the trunk. They connected the sound from the rear deck speakers under the rear window. The amp is powered with a direct wire to battery terminal Under the main fuse box in the engine bay.
Sponsored