Sponsored

Assembly Line Production

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
Hello All, I was looking at some videos to determine the process and timing of the mustang assembly for the Mach 1. My vehicle is currently in the trim phase of the assembly line. Now I thought that the trim phase was the interior being installed, but when I watch the video, I saw seats added after the wheels were installed. If anyone knows the process and duration, could you please let me know. My blend date is June 17th, but it would be very interesting to know how this is scheduled. Thanks.
Sponsored

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
If your blend date is tomorrow, it’s probably just coming out of paint. Blend date is when all parts necessary for the build are at the plant.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Hard to say as scheduling and days off will affect how long the car sits in one phase.

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I found what I was looking for Highland58 stated in a response on the Mach-E forum, " The body is put on the chassis/battery assembly, and it starts down the line - this is the "trim" phase." So, when I talked to Ford Performance this morning my vehicle was in the trim phase. Now, looking at some of the videos I could find, they never really discussed how long this process is. I think it is fascinating watching your vehicle get built. Nevertheless, I am in the home stretch now and will wait for the vehicle to arrive at Granger. Good luck to all of you still waiting.

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
Hello All, I was looking at some videos to determine the process and timing of the mustang assembly for the Mach 1. My vehicle is currently in the trim phase of the assembly line. Now I thought that the trim phase was the interior being installed, but when I watch the video, I saw seats added after the wheels were installed. If anyone knows the process and duration, could you please let me know. My blend date is June 17th, but it would be very interesting to know how this is scheduled. Thanks.
My Mach 1 had.a blend date of 5/27. It was built on 6/9. I received the same updates you did from FP. If your blend date 6/17, it will be built in the next week or two, maybe less. I heard of builds happening days after blend dates. There is no clear explanation for Ford scheduling or production. What helped me was thinking the long game. Even when it gets built, it will take a few days for it to get shipped from the plant. I am lucky that I live 45 minutes fromFlat Rock, so shipping was easy. Ford never notified me it shipped. Did have a window of 6 days for shipping. Dealer called me today to say it arrived.
Bottom line, it’s nuts how Ford does things. Your car is in production. It will be a frustrating wait until you know it is built and delivered. Be patient. That’s all I got.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Mach 1 had.a blend date of 5/27. It was built on 6/9. I received the same updates you did from FP. If your blend date 6/17, it will be built in the next week or two, maybe less. I heard of builds happening days after blend dates. There is no clear explanation for Ford scheduling or production. What helped me was thinking the long game. Even when it gets built, it will take a few days for it to get shipped from the plant. I am lucky that I live 45 minutes fromFlat Rock, so shipping was easy. Ford never notified me it shipped. Did have a window of 6 days for shipping. Dealer called me today to say it arrived.
Bottom line, it’s nuts how Ford does things. Your car is in production. It will be a frustrating wait until you know it is built and delivered. Be patient. That’s all I got.
I hear you. I am staying the course. It is almost done is what I know. That is further than what we got last year. Still curious about the assembly process. :cool:

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
from my understanding its about 40 hours of assembly time once the painted body hits the belt. Now Mach 1s can have this time extended since all stripes are added after assembly.

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
from my understanding its about 40 hours of assembly time once the painted body hits the belt. Now Mach 1s can have this time extended since all stripes are added after assembly.
Ohhhh...That is good to know.

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Also, Handling Pack cars need to go to another part of the plant to have the bird nest wheels and Cup 2’s installed, as well as have the splitter packed.

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, Handling Pack cars need to go to another part of the plant to have the bird nest wheels and Cup 2’s installed, as well as have the splitter packed.
So is that in addition to the 40 hours? It appears for the Handling Pack that it takes longer to produce, irrespective of whether they have the parts.
Sponsored