ARH H-pipe Catback

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
More ARH. Car is at Ridetech for coilovers, playing in the parking lot beforehand...
[ame]
Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Catless, H-pipe.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Nope. Over a year old, checked connections after a month, all snug. Very tolerable, almost quiet on the highway. No rasp or drone. Wails at WOT.

Sponsored

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I have mine paired with SW long tubes and did my own bottleneck elimination into high flow cats. My car is at the body shop but I'm here now to start the car and get the fluids moving and with all this activity in this thread I'll record a quick cold start video for everyone.

EDIT: Ok so it has been a while since it had been started :frusty: but here is the cold start. If you think the revs are funky it's because the car is supercharged.

https://www.youtube.com/oTX6fD01LmU

Last edited:

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I thought it was weird that the 3in necks down to 2.5 just under the rear axles but I have been told that this was designed that way to make more power. Maybe some here can confirm this.

Correct ARH told me that they intentionally necked down at the mufflers but that it was primarily to eliminate rasp/drone and it also helps with back pressure/power/tuning. They told me that 3" on a street car was totally unnecessary as they are running some insane amount of HP through their street camaro which also runs 2.5" mufflers. Guy even admitted he knows they lose some sales because of it for all those customers who think they need 3" all the way through and that "bigger is better"

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
thats what they told me, and for a system that cost this much and the rep the company has. i will trust them

Jon B.

Farm Truck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Premium PP GT, '01 Lightning
Dumb question here, but considering I already have the h-pipe catback, which system should I buy to add headers? I'd rather not have the necked down connection up front so I'm assuming the "mid-length" system designed for use with separate axle backs?

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Correct ARH told me that they intentionally necked down at the mufflers but that it was primarily to eliminate rasp/drone and it also helps with back pressure/power/tuning. They told me that 3" on a street car was totally unnecessary as they are running some insane amount of HP through their street camaro which also runs 2.5" mufflers. Guy even admitted he knows they lose some sales because of it for all those customers who think they need 3" all the way through and that "bigger is better"
ARH makes nice headers but I wouldn't believe a word anyone that works there tells you.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
ARH makes nice headers but I wouldn't believe a word anyone that works there tells you.
So basically it is a fluke they make nice headers and one of the few drone free exhausts, as they have no idea what they are talking about?

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Dumb question here, but considering I already have the h-pipe catback, which system should I buy to add headers? I'd rather not have the necked down connection up front so I'm assuming the "mid-length" system designed for use with separate axle backs?
call them and they can fab something up