OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Now that's the kind of videos I like-->:cheers:-->Farmundeh

When I'm on a highway with a posted speed limit of 55, 60, 65, 70 & 75, I usually drive 59, 64, 69, 74 & 79 (Faster when I'm sure no Fuzz) in those zones.

When you get some time, Would you please drive a few miles at each of those speeds, in 6th gear, to check how much drone is present.

Basically, would you be able to carry on a conversation W/O raising your voice.

I know everyone is fixated on the RPMs @ Droning, so I guess if you can make note of what they are at each speed...

Let me PP you $20.00 for gas and a burger...I want/need more sound W/O too much drone at those speeds because of passenger (WIFE)

The tone/note of your exhaust videos has me excited-->:headbang:
I’m really starting to believe drone (or at least the question of what amount is tolerable) is very subjective. I’m more than happy to provide feedback on the cabin noise/drone at those speeds, although it might be a few days since Mother Nature is apparently going to dump 20-30 inches (?!?!?!) of snow on the NYC area over the course of the next 24-48 hours. I thought I had escaped this nonsense when I left Canada :rant: Anyways… I would have gotten the highway clips last night had it not been for the fact that I basically ran outta time. The drive-by shots took forever due to the wind and my girl was insistent on getting it right. She made me do it about 10 times. I think she’s now crazier than I am when it comes to this stuff. I will say that the more I drive the car, the happier I am with the exhaust. It's not obnoxious at all when driving at normal speeds so it's perfect for my current living arrangements. But wow is it loud and aggressive when you want it to be :headbang:

No need for the gas money as I’m happy to help out fellow forum members in their decision process. If you feel like visiting NYC anytime soon you can buy me a beer instead.:cheers:
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
That sounds so good....

Seems like ARH is rapidly blasting to the top of the list to me, along with Corsa

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I’m really starting to believe drone (or at least the question of what amount is tolerable) is very subjective. I’m more than happy to provide feedback on the cabin noise/drone at those speeds, although it might be a few days since Mother Nature is apparently going to dump 20-30 inches (?!?!?!) of snow on the NYC area over the course of the next 24-48 hours. I thought I had escaped this nonsense when I left Canada :rant: Anyways… I would have gotten the highway clips last night had it not been for the fact that I basically ran outta time. The drive-by shots took forever due to the wind and my girl was insistent on getting it right. She made me do it about 10 times. I think she’s now crazier than I am when it comes to this stuff. I will say that the more I drive the car, the happier I am with the exhaust. It's not obnoxious at all when driving at normal speeds so it's perfect for my current living arrangements. But wow is it loud and aggressive when you want it to be :headbang:

No need for the gas money as I’m happy to help out fellow forum members in their decision process. If you feel like visiting NYC anytime soon you can buy me a beer instead.:cheers:
Your videos leads me to believe they are more rumble toned Bass frequency not in the Mid to High range than crazy loud, which I'm after...When you say crazy loud is it different than the videos as far as the tone goes?

I'll be visiting NY next year (Wife has it planned)-->:cheers:<--For you.

Hope the forecast of deep snow is overblown for all of you up in Northeast.

So, bottom line, could you carry on a conversation in the cab at highway speeds W/O shouting?

OP
OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
That sounds so good....

Seems like ARH is rapidly blasting to the top of the list to me, along with Corsa
I think it all depends on what you're looking for. I like Corsa from what I've heard, but I think I'd need to hear it in person to determine if its deep enough.

Husker, answers below in red:

Your videos leads me to believe they are more rumble toned Bass frequency not in the Mid to High range than crazy loud, which I'm after...When you say crazy loud is it different than the videos as far as the tone goes? The tone is very similar to the videos, just louder at the higher RPMs.

I'll be visiting NY next year (Wife has it planned)-->:cheers:<--For you.

Hope the forecast of deep snow is overblown for all of you up in Northeast.

So, bottom line, could you carry on a conversation in the cab at highway speeds W/O shouting? I was alone the one time I had the car on the highway since installation. I'll have someone with me to test it out next time. But i don't think shouting would be required.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
like I said, all of the h pipe systems sound better IMO

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
So for me is it ARH or MRT? hmm... My only other consideration I think is ARPB or whatever their name is lol

ARHeaders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen Camaro Race Car
Guys, this is direct from Nick Filippides (owner of ARH),

Our systems are designed NOT to have drone, in both cases, OEM manifolds or our ARH full length headers.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Yep that's it lol but more for price however ARH is looking really good even if their the same price as mrt.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150

Our systems are designed NOT to have drone, in both cases, OEM manifolds or our ARH full length headers.
The system you did on Farmundeh's car, is it the only H version Cat-Back?

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I’m really starting to believe drone (or at least the question of what amount is tolerable) is very subjective.
IT IS.

Most of what these people are describing is LOUD NOISE, not drone. It seems people want the car to be loud outside but virtually silent on the inside :headbonk:

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

since you're here... can we get some official info? :)

OP
OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Were you pushing it here or was that normal acceleration? Seems extremely loud for normal driving.

Not WOT but pushing it a bit. This exhaust leads to a heavy foot :shrug::ninja:

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Not WOT but pushing it a bit. This exhaust leads to a heavy foot :shrug::ninja:
I went to the site to get some answers...very confusing site.

Is this a bolt/clamp on system or a weld on?
Sponsored