Aren't These Axle Backs the Same?

6Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6 Black
I've been looking at these axle backs and I noticed they all look exactly the same but they list the construction grade slightly different.

1. 100% T304 Stainless Steel

These vendors claim 100% T304 construction

Part #12145FLT
https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/exhaust_systems/flowtech/parts/12145FLT

Part #SVE-5230C
https://lmr.com/item/SVE-5230C/mustang-sve-axle-back-exhaust-v6-eb-15-17

2. T304 Stainless Steel Tips with T409 Body (Muffler and Pipes)

I confirmed with these vendors that it's not 100% T304

Part #CBAP1
https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelat...active-exhaust-v6-ecoboost-2015-2021/p/CBAP1/

Part #EX3041
https://www.nxtstepperformance.com/2015_2020_Ford_Mustang_ECO_V6_Exhaust_System_p/ex3041.htm

I assume they're all from the same manufacturer and are a mix of T304 (tips) and T409 (muffler and pipes).

I've been reading the past threads and I see conflicting answers. Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

Topblissgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yes, I believe they are exactly the same exhaust systems. Just installed the Flowtech version on my sons 18 GT today and the fit, look and sound are excellent. Not loud at all just deeper then the stock exhaust. When you put your foot into it, it keeps the deep tone all the way thru the RPM range. Very happy with it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Sure Roush .......

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
They sure look the same. The
Items saying 409 don’t look like 409 w that polish. I don’t think 409 polishes up like that.

On the V6 your likely to get a healthy case of drone with those at 1800 to 2000 rpm.

I’ve tried six different set ups so far I’ve found a 15-18 GT exhaust system from the resonator back w Borla Type-S axle back mufflers to be about the best combo (for me). The GT exhaust w H Pipe and Borla axle backs sounds great with no drone, but was a little loud for me. The next best was a Gibson V6 (2.5”) system was really deep n throaty, but a little loud in the cabin at 65 to 70, speeds at where I (used to) commute. I’m thinking about selling it cheap, but shipping would cost a small fortune.

I’d find a GT center section back (cat back) and go from there. Just my $.02. There a a lot more used options out there for the GT at great prices.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They sure look the same. The
Items saying 409 don’t look like 409 w that polish. I don’t think 409 polishes up like that.

On the V6 your likely to get a healthy case of drone with those at 1800 to 2000 rpm.

I’ve tried six different set ups so far I’ve found a 15-18 GT exhaust system from the resonator back w Borla Type-S axle back mufflers to be about the best combo (for me). The GT exhaust w H Pipe and Borla axle backs sounds great with no drone, but was a little loud for me. The next best was a Gibson V6 (2.5”) system was really deep n throaty, but a little loud in the cabin at 65 to 70, speeds at where I (used to) commute. I’m thinking about selling it cheap, but shipping would cost a small fortune.

I’d find a GT center section back (cat back) and go from there. Just my $.02. There a a lot more used options out there for the GT at great prices.
I do agree with you about the Gibson sound have that one on my truck. Thought about it for the GT, Roush won because it fit the Cayote song better, enhancing it, nasty aggressive.

Sponsored

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
The V6 will sound nasty aggressive too, however the V6 produces a lot more unwanted drone than the V8. If that doesn’t bother you, great!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As a V8 snob I confess, 6 bangers are nasty, just not in a commanding way.

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Nothing sounds better than a V8…nothing. However this 3.7 can sound pretty damn good w the right set up. I love mine. It gets amazing MPG and has loads of power…it’s plenty fast and handles like a cat on carpet. It’s the perfect daily driver IMO.

SBPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6, 1993 Probe GT
You can also get the full cat-back version. (On sale for $499)
SVE's 2015-2017 Mustang GT cat-back exhaust kit
Item #SVE-151934

They are made by SSS (Stainless Steel Systems). They are only 18g not 16g, not as strong but lightweight. I swapped out the "H" pipe section for the MagnaFlow resonated "X" muffler. The stupid muffler shop welded them together. I wanted them to use the clamps so I could make it modular and swap parts out.

20210922_012528.jpg

ucf.jpg

ucb.jpg
Sponsored