Are we getting a GT500 or Not

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'd be happy with a 429 R model. Ford doesn't post ring times, so theres that. What you need to wait for is the car in the hands of buyers posting their times in STOCK form.
I have no doubt ford CAN beat the ZL1 in more than 2 metrics, question is, will the bean counters let them.
The 350 platform has the ability to pull some serious G's. Use the same compound tires as the 1le, break out that missive wing we seen in the spy vids, and use some of the GT4's splitter and downforce on the front end. try to balance the weight of that damn supercharger, and we'll be sitting pretty good.
I tell you what, it better not set them back much, but this car is going to be bad to the bone.

Really, what I hope this does do is either bring the TT 5.2 with large power and stick with that and/ or go balls to the wall and make a pure track car with a VIN, much like the GT4 (with 700HP), but only have a VIN Sure, aint gonna be cheap, especially with ADM

Last edited:

NHMatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Shelby Mustang GT350, Stripe Delete
Seems like quite a bit of time has gone by without any (further) news, no? What's the next event/date we're likely to hear something?

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
That is not the car that GM will sell. It is built and tuned vehicle specifically for this marketing vid. There is no confirmation on weights or fuel or psi or if it's the same blower or even if it was not run on slicks. GM has a terrible reputation on ring times having been caught cheating(running non oem parts/vehicles) a number of times.
Think about this: The 3400lb 650hp zr1 ran 3 secs slower than the supposed 3900lb 650hp zl11le. Haha

If you want to see a fast oem ring time check out Sport Auto run of the 991.2 GT3 PDK.

To answer OP's question. Yes there's a gt500 on the way. The 350 took 3 years to develope, Ford has only been working on the 500 the past 2 years. Expect it out summer fall of 18.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Well, one thing is for sure, ford has probably already gotten their hands on a zl1 1le and if not, they will. They will benchmark it and HOPEFULLY beancounters let them build a better car.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
That is not the car that GM will sell. It is built and tuned vehicle specifically for this marketing vid. There is no confirmation on weights or fuel or psi or if it's the same blower or even if it was not run on slicks. GM has a terrible reputation on ring times having been caught cheating(running non oem parts/vehicles) a number of times.
Think about this: The 3400lb 650hp zr1 ran 3 secs slower than the supposed 3900lb 650hp zl11le. Haha

If you want to see a fast oem ring time check out Sport Auto run of the 991.2 GT3 PDK.

To answer OP's question. Yes there's a gt500 on the way. The 350 took 3 years to develope, Ford has only been working on the 500 the past 2 years. Expect it out summer fall of 18.
Really? Can post some links where they were caught cheating? I've never heard that from them.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

A lot of accusations with no proof.:crazy::headbonk:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
A lot of accusations with no proof.:crazy::headbonk:
Im not saying it isnt, but where is the proof that it's stock? Are we supposed to take their word?
When i was a child I believed all, that was 40 years ago.
When some reliable media gets their hands on it and starts testing a stock car, I'll believe that.
A regulatory body is what is needed I'd say, but that's a lot of hoopla.
We'll see what they are both REALLY capable of in the future in the hands of consumers.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Im not saying it isnt, but where is the proof that it's stock? Are we supposed to take their word?
When i was a child I believed all, that was 40 years ago.
When some reliable media gets their hands on it and starts testing a stock car, I'll believe that.
A regulatory body is what is needed I'd say, but that's a lot of hoopla.
We'll see what they are both REALLY capable of in the future in the hands of consumers.
There's no proof either stock or modded. But with all media today and people with cell phone cameras, you would think there would be some pics of all this cheating. The 1le comes with adjustable suspension, so I'm sure it was adjusted for best results. But any owner will be able to do that.:cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm not saying they cheated, but i'd like proof that it was a stock off the showroom car. Was there knowledable people or media there that looked the car over, did they test fuel and dyno the car? Was it in the manufacturers HP/torque range? Stock gearing? Some if those things are not able to be seen without testing. We don't know either way, that's why we cannot put faith into what is being tested here, so the posted time is really all irrelevant. I like to see a good show and it was.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
What you post above cannot be true. Is it?!?!?
That's false advertisement. So, does Ford and Dodge do the same thing?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ford doesn't post track times. Whatever is done, is done independently

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Ford doesn't post track times. Whatever is done, is done independently
Yeah,.....I don't believe his post about it not being the "actual" car at all.
Unless, he or anyone has hard proof?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That's what's great about America you have the right to say or believe anything you want Tony. I don't think hard evidence is needed, just evidence, which is not provided. Even if it was a ford, I'd say the same.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That's what's great about America you have the right to say or believe anything you want Tony. I don't think hard evidence is needed, just evidence, which is not provided.
Amen brother! :thumbsup: :cheers:
You said it Jim.

How's the toys doing? You have a 2017 Raptor as well, correct? I was going to order one, but didn't want to wait the year and a half to get it. (I ordered my truck in late 2015 as a 2016 model. Plus, I got a killer trade-in deal and 2k in rebates of my new truck, I couldn't pass that up!)
Sponsored